Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Blackwood 5 pc set bonus bug

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alendrin wrote: »
    Read Swamp Raider. A proc set is not an ability.
    Why does Swamp Raider scale with Azureblight 5 piece, then? If sets which buff some kind of elemental damage don't scale proc sets, all those sets (including Netch's Touch, Elemental Succession, Silks of the Sun etc.) are dead. Some sets seem to scale with them, other's don't. Go ahead and try for yourself. That said, the tooltip should be changed to explain it includes proc-sets, too.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this goes live on PS4, I might have to take an extended (possibly permanent) break from ESO (and ESO Plus). I can handle things like balance changes, but I'm running out of patience for outright bugs that require time consuming workarounds (like all of the current vendor and inventory UI problems).

Console players don't have addons to automate gear swaps.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Alendrin wrote: »
    This might relate to the issue that some sets don't seem to buff proc sets. For example, Syvarra's Scales is supposed to be buffed by Weapon damage and it is poison damage. Swamp Raider (+600 Weapon Damage for poison and disease abilities) doesn't buff Syvarra's Scale's, though.

Read Swamp Raider. A proc set is not an ability.

doesnt proc off my lethal arrow or poison glyphed weapons

What do mean by proc off of?

The set should add 600 weapon damage to that skill, which you will not see on your character sheet because it only gets folded into the calculation for the skill when you fire it. The only place you should see it is in the damage done by those affected skills. The set is not a true proc because it is a guaranteed buff to specific skills.

Example: You have 5k weapon damage with the set on. Your non-disease and non-poison skills use that 5k weapon damage plus max stam (if they scale with that) or whatever other stats pertinent to the skill. Your lethal arrow and other poison/disease skills act as if you had 5.6k weapon damage instead.

Poisons (like the consumables that overwrite enchants) and poison enchants themselves don’t scale with WD, so you will not see a boost to those with this set at all.

As for Swamp Raider buffing Syvarra’s, that sounds like a proc buffing a proc. The devs stopped proc sets from proccing proc sets a while ago, so I’m not surprised if it falls into that category. (Yes, SR is not a true proc set, but it is one according to ZOS’ ruleset.)
    Edited by virtus753 on June 4, 2021 2:55PM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bug makes the gameplay experience so unreliable. How can you trust that the gear you have on is actually working? Do we have an ETA on when this will be fixed?
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same happening with Clever Alchemist porting into cyrodiil. Also can confirm 2 piece set bonus’ seem to work though.

Also like Kenrixx stated, my 5 piece bonus is on my back bar. Hope this helps.

Character name: Im here because DC zergs
    PCNA

I'd double check that. On my stamden, every single time i swap zones / areas, i lose the 2 lines of health on my front bar, and although they come back on the back bar, the 5 piece doesnt work on the back bar.

Lotta weird stuff going on with that set and many others.
  • Plaid13ub17_ESO
    Plaid13ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am having this same bug happen with both of my wardens. My warden tank both 5 part sets do not work after i switch to my back bar and wont start working again until I zone. That is the plague doctor set and the prayer shawl set. On my dps warden I use the adept rider set for the run speed bonus and the 4 and 5 part set bonuses do not work once i change bars. Also dosnt work until i zone again.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noticed it's happening with other sets as well. I lost my Vateshran SnB pull in a few randoms I ran today, had to unequip/reequip my sword and board at the start of every dungeon before everyone took off so it would work.
  • beyondspace
    beyondspace
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 100% certain that Harbinger set does not proc at the moment . I was holding block when Enemies attacking me in Imperial City, but Harbinger did no damage to them, it does not proc.

gAO1K6B.jpg
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    As for Swamp Raider buffing Syvarra’s, that sounds like a proc buffing a proc. The devs stopped proc sets from proccing proc sets a while ago, so I’m not surprised if it falls into that category. (Yes, SR is not a true proc set, but it is one according to ZOS’ ruleset.)
    If it were only consistent! Still many of those "proc sets" do actually increase the scaling of damage dealing proc sets. In my opinion it makes sense, because all of those sets already have some kind of disadvantage. If ZOS decides to let conditional weapon/spell damage sets (including Clever Alchemist) not add to the scaling of proc sets, it should be done for all sets. Currently you would combine Clever Alchemist (which is stronger than Swamp Raider anyway) with a set that DOES scale with Clever Alchemist (like Maarselok or Vateshran 2H) instead of Swamp Raider with Syvarra, which doesn't scale.

Currently I think the issue isn't with Swamp Raider, but with Syvarra (and some other sets like Velidreth) and it might be related to the other issues described in this thread.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Plaid13ub17_ESO
    Plaid13ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is just all sets the final bonus isnt working right for some people. One of my characters i use the adept rider crafted set the 5 part bonus is the run speed bonus. It worked flawless before the update and now no longer works once i swap bars after zoning until i zone again. Another character has two sets that the 5 part bonus does not work so 3 different sets that do not work right.

I think something is causing the weapon slot sets not to work correctly. Everyone else that is having issues is it with the set you use for weapons?
  • Scarr
    Scarr
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this yesterday but didn't fully put 2 and 2 together, it until coming to this thread.

Coward's set, runspeed boost was not actually providing a speed boost, I felt the speed fall off. Then it randomly worked again. I used an addon to track my character speed and thats how I confirmed it.
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wanna add syvarra's scale to the list, sometimes it just bugs out and does not proc
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Plaid13ub17_ESO
    Plaid13ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well I figured out something that might help the devs or whomever fix this bug. I had this bug where my 5 part set bonuses were not working on 2 different sets on one character. I had a prayer shawl weapon and plague doctor shield on both front and back bar. both showed full 5 part bonuses. I changed out one of my rings and then switched both weapon and shield on main bar to prayer shawl then put a prayer shawl resto staff on the back bar and that fixed the problem.
  • Morgis
    Morgis
    ✭✭
    My guild ran Rockgrove lastnight, after the trial myself and another member were complaining how Kinras wasnt proccing for us. This issue might be to blame there so lets throw Kinras on the list of affected sets. My character is a stam warden and he is a stam temp if that helps any.
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an update of what the issue is actually believed to be...

All 5 PCs bonuses seemed to be effected by this bug... The issue seems to only stem when you have only one 5 pc set bonus on one bar.

For example, my stamplar runs 5 pc Deadly on my dual weild bar, but when I bar swap to my bow it's maelstrom.

So the set that you are losing the 5 pc bonus on that is not consistently actice on both bars (like my relequen 5 pc because it's all body) is the the targeted bug.

This seems to happen 100% of the time when ever you travel between zones or instances.

A suggested work arou d for PC players atm is to use an add on like dressing room, create a load out that removes your effected set. (the entire set) then make another load out that us your normal set up. Then bind both sets ups. Like Num pab 1 and num pad 2. And when ever you transition zones or instances just hit your bind key to unequip and then the other bind key to re equip. Takes like 1 second.

Hope that trick helps some of you.
  • Plaid13ub17_ESO
    Plaid13ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I used the same set on both front and back bars on my dps warden and had the issue. dual wield on both front and back bars both adept warden set. But when i changed the back bar to 2hand adept warden the bug was fixed. So it has something to do with going from dual weapons to dual weapons or weapon and shield and weapon and shield i think. Has anyone had this issue with some sort of a 2 hander on at least one of the bars?
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @BrentBlemish thank you for the info. We are aware of this and actively investigating. What is the character name for the character you are experiencing this on? Also, what pieces do you have equipped and could you provide a few zone transition examples where you have had this occur?

Thanks!

discovered same issue

found this staff spinner lighting
    https://ibb.co/G084fdH
    but sins same is equiped on my first slot/bar above it won't let me equip second1 on my 2nd slot/bar the 1below empty on the picture, did it with dragging it there so its obvious on the picture

i had spinner set lightning staff and the new spinner set lightning staff was red once it was in my inv

so when i have other staff on my 2nd slot/bar and swaped wep to that i have no set bonus, lost 2 bonuses
    https://ibb.co/m032DKf

nothing works no way to equip both of them each for their own slot/bar 1above and other1 below
    Edited by Sugram22 on June 5, 2021 8:51PM
  • BlackPawn
    BlackPawn
    Soul Shriven
    I encountered a bug on PTS and my forum account wasn't active at the time, but it could be related. On PTS I noticed my 5 pieces of Perfected Relequen were not proccing, but when I equipped 7 pieces it started working. Personally haven't had the 5 piece set bonus issue on live, but if someone runs into the bug and has a couple extra pieces of the set maybe they could test by equipping 7 pieces?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sugram22 wrote: »
    Hey @BrentBlemish thank you for the info. We are aware of this and actively investigating. What is the character name for the character you are experiencing this on? Also, what pieces do you have equipped and could you provide a few zone transition examples where you have had this occur?

Thanks!

discovered same issue

but sins same is equiped on my first slot/bar above it won't let me equip second1 on my 2nd slot/bar the 1below empty on the picture, did it with dragging it there so its obvious on the picture

i had spinner set lightning staff and the new spinner set lightning staff was red once it was in my inv

so when i have other staff on my 2nd slot/bar and swaped wep to that i have no set bonus, lost 2 bonuses

nothing works no way to equip both of them each for their own slot/bar 1above and other1 below

Isn't that item unique-equipped?

The bug discussed in this thread has to do with already equipped items not granting set bonuses, not being unable to equip two of a unique item.

Some items in game can't be double-barred. You will need to find a generic (non-named) Spinner's lightning staff for the other bar.
  • The7thLettter
    The7thLettter
    ✭✭✭
    Same happening with Clever Alchemist porting into cyrodiil. Also can confirm 2 piece set bonus’ seem to work though.

Also like Kenrixx stated, my 5 piece bonus is on my back bar. Hope this helps.

Character name: Im here because DC zergs
    PCNA

I'd double check that. On my stamden, every single time i swap zones / areas, i lose the 2 lines of health on my front bar, and although they come back on the back bar, the 5 piece doesnt work on the back bar.

Lotta weird stuff going on with that set and many others.

I guess I only assumed 2 pieces sets worked cause my Vat 2h was working when I noticed clever wasn’t. I’m sure some set 2 pieces aren’t working though as this bug has no rhyme or reason.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

Thanks!

discovered same issue

The bug discussed in this thread has to do with already equipped items not granting set bonuses, not being unable to equip two of a unique item.

Some items in game can't be double-barred. You will need to find a generic (non-named) Spinner's lightning staff for the other bar.

if its set staff i should be able to equip same on both bars to get set bonus so if its a special item like u said it render the staff junk cause why would i need staff with what i loose set 2bonuses when i swap to my 2nd wep in my 2ndbar? so its either bug or dumb choice from Dev's, so bug or not it should be fixed
    Edited by Sugram22 on June 6, 2021 5:13AM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hi Jessica. Any ETA on when this bug will be fixed? At the moment, I have no idea if my sets are working or not. It's extremely frustrating.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is just all sets the final bonus isnt working right for some people.

I wonder if it has to do with the 5th piece bonus being disabled for no proc Cyrodiil? Whatever code they used to disable final bonuses seems to have not been completely removed.

Edited by Jaraal on June 6, 2021 6:02AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

discovered same issue

if its set staff i should be able to equip same on both bars to get set bonus so if its a special item like u said it render the staff junk cause why would i need staff with what i loose set 2bonuses when i swap to my 2nd wep in my 2ndbar? so its either bug or dumb choice from Dev's, so bug or not it should be fixed

The devs deliberately implemented "unique-equipped" items in the game, and they seem to be working as intended. If you disagree with the implementation, I suggest writing an in-game /feedback report or creating one in General Discussion to avoid conflating the subject of this bug report thread with feedback.

In the meantime, since you've equipped Spinner's Fractured Femur, you can now recreate a generic lightning staff from your collections. One of the many reasons I suspect the devs will not be doing anything about the "unique-equipped" items in game.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭

Thanks!

discovered same issue

The devs deliberately implemented "unique-equipped" items in the game, and they seem to be working as intended. If you disagree with the implementation, I suggest writing an in-game /feedback report or creating one in General Discussion to avoid conflating the subject of this bug report thread with feedback.

In the meantime, since you've equipped Spinner's Fractured Femur, you can now recreate a generic lightning staff from your collections. One of the many reasons I suspect the devs will not be doing anything about the "unique-equipped" items in game.

OK, i half to new throw away 2staves what i farmed for and get some other set sins my 1 existing set was costly to make to throw away 2 pieces

if the staff set piece is that type of special item like what u explained then i strongly disagree cause its useless item if i can't have 1 of the same on each bar

and to top that i looked at the set list there is nothing good for my magica NB really hard to find a good one that drops from either dungeon or world, i so few good ones but 5th piece effect ruined it, it was either for a healer or for some1 who only uses lighting skills possible with only sorc, spinners seemed only decent one
    Edited by Sugram22 on June 6, 2021 9:02AM
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clever Achemist is totally bugged.

The 3 pieces bonus isn't working if you have only 3 pieces active.

The 5 pieces bonus doesn't work if you backbar it.
    Edited by Sarousse on June 6, 2021 4:05PM
  • The7thLettter
    The7thLettter
    ✭✭✭
    Any ETA?
  • Plaid13ub17_ESO
    Plaid13ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sure would be nice to know when this will be fixed. I changed my tank from sword and board front and back to sword and board and resto staff and it fixed it but no luck fixing it in a similar way on my duel wield dps warden changing from dual to 2hand on one bar.
  • FreeMaN_A
    FreeMaN_A
    ✭✭✭
    Leeching Plate and Twice-Born Star also doesn`t work. But i found something that may help. Everyone else who have this bug try this: unequip 2nd panel before travel and equip after. This helped me temporarily. If you need fast travel again - repeat this again. Didn`t check the need to equip and unequip every loading or only zone.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only ZOS could have sets working normally----but disable them and force testing on live servers to deal with bugs from the last patch and work on lag.....have no impact at all on lag whatsoever after months of it, and fail to be able to turn back on what they turned off in the first place turning the NEXT chapter they could not stop working on long enough to fix bugs from last chapter into a failure on release. This is some next level work.