The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sentences that trigger nerds redux

warg_derpin_gdf
The original thread got axed for being dated :D Can we add some more? :)

Dreamstride playable as Dremora minor sidequest
Karliah, when will you learn?!!
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, the Vampire stages do what now?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I played the Blackwood prologue quest last night, and I was triggered when I got this as my only dialogue option at one point:

"But all Daedra are evil!"

I was also triggered by this dialogue option:

"Who is Mehrunes Dagon?"
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rando: Is <insert weapon here> "worth it?"
    Me: Try it on a dummy see how it works out for you...
    Rando: just tell me if it's "worth it!"

No...nothing is worth it, the universe and everything in it isn't worth it

Edited by Klad on May 31, 2021 7:39PM
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Blackwood set nerfs is because of PVP.

Your missing Mystery Rewards boxes will be mailed to you once we figure out how to deliver them.

"When you're in an Elder Scrolls game, you're in a world. We don't want players to hit monetization fees when they're in the world. It's like, I go into a dungeon, if I don't have access to the dungeon is pops up a window: you don't have access to this, go buy 50 credits. We didn't want that experience. That's not an Elder Scrolls experience." ~Matt Firor
    love is love
  • deleted220803-000767
    deleted220803-000767
    Soul Shriven
    Elder Scrolls Online isn't diverse enough.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I wish more guys were like you, but just not you"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Can our character be a Dragonborn?"
    No, because that would invalidate the whole plot of ESO. Now, go play TES IV Oblivion.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well why not? At least Shouts can be learned by normal people from the Greybeards, Ulfric, and that Redguard Ebony Warrior guy. I'm not saying it would be easy, but doable with enough training and practice. It could be a skill line of 5 shouts, each one is an Ultimate and you have to master the previous Shout up to Rank 4 (morph optional) before the next Shout becomes available.

They could also make it where only the most powerful of enemies grant experience to Shouts like Bosses in overland, delves, public dungeons, and normal/veteran dungeons. To prevent cheese each Boss only grants experience once per day so you're not just farming the same dude all day long.
  • Arahallris
    Arahallris
    ✭✭✭
    Daedra should be a unique playable race, with hair and their own starting tutorial.
    Edited by Arahallris on May 31, 2021 9:10PM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "What is the Hist?" - dialogue option for my Argonian character.
  • AlgolStar
    AlgolStar
    ✭✭✭
    Still you can't beat
    "We should fight a dragon."

August 2017
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well why not? At least Shouts can be learned by normal people from the Greybeards, Ulfric, and that Redguard Ebony Warrior guy. I'm not saying it would be easy, but doable with enough training and practice. It could be a skill line of 5 shouts, each one is an Ultimate and you have to master the previous Shout up to Rank 4 (morph optional) before the next Shout becomes available.

They could also make it where only the most powerful of enemies grant experience to Shouts like Bosses in overland, delves, public dungeons, and normal/veteran dungeons. To prevent cheese each Boss only grants experience once per day so you're not just farming the same dude all day long.

I realize that I may be asking for it in a thread designed to trigger lore nerds, but...eh, I'm triggered.

What you describe is someone who knows how to Shout, not a Dragonborn. Shouts can be learned by ordinary people, though the Greybeards are by far the most effective way to use the Thu'um (see Jurgen Windcaller and his battle with the other Tongues.) The method the Greybeards use takes a very long time - Ulfric Stormcloak trained with them and took ten years to learn two shouts. There are other ways to learn to Shout, as we know that in the future Tiber Septim will start the Imperial College of the Voice in Markarth, but those methods still take a while and are less effective than what our Dragonborn could do in Skyrim.

So it's possible that ZOS adds a Thu'um skill line, but I would expect it to take longer and be less powerful than what we could do in Skyrim.

Now, assuming you've played TES IV Oblivion like I said, then you already know that being a Dragonborn is a lot more than just being able to absorb a dragon's soul and Shout without spending years learning how to do it. Spoilers for Oblivion follow.

Specifically, being a Dragonborn makes you heir to Akatosh's Covenant with Alessia which maintains the barriers between Oblivion and Nirn through the Amulet of Kings. Those barriers don't prevent summoning daedra, but they do limit the Daedric Princes from fully manifesting or launching full invasions into Nirn. In Oblivion, the Emperor and his family are assassinated, which breaks the barriers, allowing the Mythic Dawn to launch the daedric invasions of the Oblivion Crisis and eventually Mehrunes Dagon fully manifests on Nirn. Your character helps Martin Septim, the Dragonborn illegitimate son of the Emperor, recover the Amulet of Kings and relight the Dragonfires, and in the end, Martin sacrifices himself to make the barriers permanent.

Does that sound a little familiar? It should, because assuming you've played the main quest of ESO, you know that Emperor Varen Aquilarios attempted to become a Dragonborn through a ritual in order to restore those barriers and become legitimate Ruler of Cyrodiil. Instead, Akatosh got angry at his presumption, decided Varen was full on breaking the Covenant, and Mannimarco took advantage to kick off the Planemeld.

Why can't we be a Dragonborn?

1. Because it invalidates the whole Main Quest. If we were Dragonborn, our job is to be Martin Septim 2.0, finding the Amulet of Kings to relight the Dragonfires and stop the Oblivion Crisis Planemeld.

2. Because it invalidates the whole Daedric Wars arc. If you've played Summerset, we prevent the direct manifestation of a Daedric Prince. Except that if we were Dragonborn, the best way to do so is make a beeline to Imperial City with the Amulet of Kings and relight the Dragonfires.

3. Leaving aside the weird game mechanics of ESO's dragon souls and soul gems, from Skyrim, we know that Dragons can tell when someone is a Dragonborn, even when they aren't shouting. None of the Elsweyr Dragons seem to think of you as such.

4. Because it invalidates Blackwood. Daedra showing up in Tamriel causing problems? Oh, Dragonborn, get thyself to the Imperial City with the Amulet of Kings and relight the Dragonfires to solve all those problems in one fell swoop!

Finally, I'll assume you've played Imperial City, in which the zone story involves you protecting the Sublime Brazier from Molag Bal's forces...so that a future Dragonborn (Tiber Septim) can relight the Dragonfires and restore the Covenant with Akatosh.

Our characters are NOT dragonborn. Seriously, if you haven't, go play TES IV. It's awesome, and for players who've mostly played Skyrim, it does a lot to explain the Blades as a faction beyond "They told me to kill Paarthurnax!" and the nature of the Dragonborn beyond just people who learn to Shout by killing Dragons.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 31, 2021 10:41PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize that I may be asking for it in a thread designed to trigger lore nerds, but...eh, I'm triggered.

My job is done! :smile:
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk lots of people don't even consider eso cannon to the main es series, just a... fanfic.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit dated but who cares

"no eta right now"
    https://youtu.be/cOCD_Jzre3c
    Edited by laksikus on May 31, 2021 11:38PM
  • Klad
    Klad
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk lots of people don't even consider eso cannon to the main es series, just a... fanfic.

So they are living in a fantasy world within a fantasy world.

Todd Howard long ago said it was Canon, I mean folks are welcome to lie to themselves, but it has no credence.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Craft me CP160 Mothers Sorrow"
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LF for a crafter to craft me some gear.

What do you need?

Hundings

....What pieces?

legs and jewelry

traits? Level? Style?

nvm chest

20 minutes later you have crafted gear that should have take 3 minutes

Edited by spartaxoxo on June 1, 2021 2:08AM
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a brand new idea: ZoS should do PvE only instance of Cyrodiil!

Also ESO would be much better with global auction house!
  • warg_derpin_gdf

My job is done! :smile:

I haven't started thinking about it yet but I daresay, what good would it be for a Dragonborn to manifest during this/an alleged Dragonbreak? You know that's the Mythic Dawn's next agenda, Dragonbreaks willy-nilly to try and subvert new Dragonborns. Tho it would still most probably lead to more Oblivion Crisis type scenarios. (it's a dusty one but a full trigger nonetheless X) )
    Karliah, when will you learn?!!