The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

SUGGESTION: motif book crafting

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If you have all 14 pages of a motif, you should be able to buy a "golden binding" or something for like 100k from a mystic vendor NPC, which allows you to combine the 14 separate pages into a golden motif book that teaches someone the whole motif in one shot.

Please.

For the love of all that's holy, please.
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes definitely.

Also, do the same with style pages. Turn full set of pages into 1 book. And stackable too.

Great for inventory management. So much space saved.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes definitely.

Also, do the same with style pages. Turn full set of pages into 1 book. And stackable too.

Is it though? Players who stash pages usually get multiple copies of different ones before they get an entire book. If you finally make a book what are you going to do? Keep it or sell it? Keeping it takes up an additional slot combined with all the multiple copies of a motif you have from farming. Using it kinda makes the entire process moot.

And selling the full gold book would make less sense as players are more inclined to shop around and get a cheaper deal on all of the pages than buy a jacked up priced gold book which would no longer be extremely rare.
  • DukeCybran
    DukeCybran
    ✭✭✭
    Yes definitely.

Is it though? Players who stash pages usually get multiple copies of different ones before they get an entire book. If you finally make a book what are you going to do? Keep it or sell it? Keeping it takes up an additional slot combined with all the multiple copies of a motif you have from farming. Using it kinda makes the entire process moot.

And selling the full gold book would make less sense as players are more inclined to shop around and get a cheaper deal on all of the pages than buy a jacked up priced gold book which would no longer be extremely rare.

I'd rather pay 20% more for saving my time shopping around.

Unless you are a speculative trader who might face more speculative competition, then yes, it'll mean busier work than before.
    Edited by DukeCybran on May 31, 2021 6:06AM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like moftis are the main reason to do content I feel like this would just remove the motivation to do dailies and the like.
    And thankfully you can buy them if you don't want to grind or can't which helps the economy tick over. and you can sell them if you get doubles or don't care about motifs.

I think paying more rather than shopping around is kind of part of the way the system works since the guilds in convenient locations pay more for their traders.

So yeah I wouldn't be a big fan of this change.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they did I would assume it would be account bound so only your alts could use it, if they did that and they priced it fairly I would eventually have all my alts learn all the motifs styles I have for the increased master writ drop chance.

As it is I avoid buying motifs for my alts beyond the default books, both due to it being a bother and due to feeling I already have the style learnt so I would rather leave the motif pages up for someone collecting them for the first time on their crafter but mostly its just a pain to shop for them again.

It would defeat the point of splitting the motif books into pages, in there attempt to try and get people to buy the books through the crown store, if players who already had the motifs known could go to a vendor buy them and then re sell them on guild traders, unless they made them stupidly expensive in terms of gold or possibly writ vouchers.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes definitely.

Agree. It's not the great idea you think it is. First, you start off by losing 100k gold from the the overall profits of your motif sales. Very unattractive. Second, people like to farm for themselves and buy what RNGeezus won't give them. So your full golden books won't sell the way you think they will. They will always be able to get them cheaper by shopping around for the individual purple pages. As for saving space, okay you're farming motifs. Face facts, you're gonna run out of space no matter what you do.
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on May 31, 2021 11:49AM
    Give 'er eh!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You mean like the Glass motif? How popular was the hassles you had to go through to learn it? Before you could buy the full motif from the masterwrit vendor for vouchers.

Edited by JKorr on May 31, 2021 4:58PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason why I would like that is for some dirt cheap motifs to take up less inventory space. Otherwise it serves no purpose and ruins the fun of collectors who bought the full golden motifs for millions just to be able to say "I own one". If everyone can easily get those golden motifs, there is no prestige to it anymore.

Now if you could reconstruct a full motif bound to your account so your new alt can learn the motifs your old main already learned...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it was the other way around: that complete gold motif books deconstructed into the 14 motif pages.

So that if you had, say, learned one or two parts of a given motif for a reason (maybe "because it turned up" during the Jubilee event, or "because I spent 40k gold getting this one for a Master Writ"), then getting the gold motif wouldn't "waste" what had already been got.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For instance: I currently have a Master Writ in my inventory which requires Sea Giant Shoulders.

Sea Giant motif is currently available in the store, for Crowns. (Too many - a cosmetic crafting motif is not worth twice as much as an entire gameplay DLC, in my opinion!)

If I buy the Sea Giant Shoulders motif separately, and use it for my Writ, then it means that if I later choose to spend Crowns on getting the complete, gold motif, I will have wasted the Gold that I spent on the Shoulders part of the motif.

This means that I'm prevaricating over actually getting that shoulder part of the motif, just in case I manage to get enough Crowns - or in case there is ever a sale on, and the motif was on sale for a smaller and more reasonable number of Crowns, I don't want to have wasted my earlier expense.

Now if I could buy the complete gold motif, and convert into the 14 separate purple motifs for the individual equipment pieces, I'd be happy to buy the purple Sea Giant Shoulders motif right now from a guild trader: because if I were to decide to buy the gold motif book, I would then have a *spare* of the Shoulders to sell, since I would not need to use it.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be great. But make it account bound. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP