Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bring back 24man groups, yea or nay?

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I like 12man groups
    Mixed feelings. I liked the change originally, but also, what's the point of the reduced size with healing outside of group re-enabled?

At first I liked it, now I don't really care, because what's the difference?

Makes it harder to ball or zerg, at least in XB, because many people for whatever reason don't like party chat. That's a good thing. I haven't seen a ball group running 24 man (two groups) since the change. Meanwhile zergs aren't quite as organized even if they party up, because half of them won't join the party, giving smaller groups a better chance to defend.

And yes, absolutely it helps lag.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, bring back 24man groups
    I personally prefer to play in a group no larger than 12 in size. This was my preference prior to the change to group size, and it is still the case now.

However, it seems clear to me that the reduction in group size is not good the health of the player population in Cyrodiil. For a while after the change, I would see players posting "LFG" repeatedly in chat, not getting picked up, and then sometimes eventually getting some form of an explanation that with the 12 player cap few groups can afford to pick up anyone not in their guild. This is true for our guild as well - if we pick up a player from zone, we will just need to boot them shortly thereafter when someone from our guild posts up. Now that the 12 player cap has been in place for a while, I feel like I see much fewer people posting "LFG" in chat at all. In years past there was always a steady stream of people coming in and looking for groups.

Thus, I voted for the revert to 24 players option simply since I think it is best for the health of the game. On the other hand, I don't really like waiting in queue either. So as long as Cyrodiil remains less welcoming to new players and the population continues to decline, then those of us that are left will be able to enjoy this quality of life improvement.
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, bring back 24man groups
    Earthewen wrote: »
    I answered "yes" on this, but let me explain why. I must admit that I enjoy teaching new players how to survive in PvP. It is a lot different than the pve in this game, and I remember thinking, "I gotta find myself a guild!" after just one day in Cyro. The problem with just 12 players per group is that it is much harder to bring new-to-cyro players into the group. Where 24 people could carry a few newbies, too many newbs and your team is dead. As a result of this, many people end up leaving PvP because it's demoralizing to die every 2 seconds when you step outside a keep, or they just try survive solo.

Also, a 12-man group can't break up the huge faction stacks we are seeing out on the map alone. However, a 24-man raid could, with a lot of smart playing, give those faction stack zergs a run for their money, all while carrying a few new players in their ranks. If anything, going down to just 12 players in a group hasn't stopped faction stacks, zergs, or ball groups. It just penalized the new and solo players even more.

These opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent ZOS, other players, or anyone else, so don't jump on me for having my opinion.

^^^this^^^