Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How smooth ESO is running on your PC?

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    80% - 100% (pretty smooth)
    I completely quit pvp a few months ago and have been catching up on the years of quests I haven’t done. It turns out the game is perfectly stable when I’m not doing the content I enjoy most.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i7-8700K with RTX 3070 at 1440p so its running pretty smooth around 100 fps. Still I have to turn some settings down to keep a stable framerate in trails for example.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I completely quit pvp a few months ago and have been catching up on the years of quests I haven’t done. It turns out the game is perfectly stable when I’m not doing the content I enjoy most.

Have you tried battlegrounds?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried battlegrounds?

I do some BG, but tomorrow’s patch puts an end to that. I’m completely done redoing all of my pvp builds every few months while the devs play balance whack-a-mole.

But the game really does run great when I just focus on adventuring and questing and i don’t have to care how the patch notes screw over my builds. I’m having a good enough time to tide me over until there’s a new pvp game released.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    iMac 2017 27 inch

my ENTIRE Mac OS will "crash".

There is a three letter word in this statement that represents your problem. Don't buy an iBrick. At one point my wife did map mods on sc2 and we bought the top of the line iMac because why not, couldn't do ***, bricked in two years.

I'm running 150 fps consistently: at 1440p on a G-Sync Monitor (which may make a diff)

Ultra Everything
    -Shadows
    i7 8 Core (10% Load)
    3070 (50% Load)
    16gb Ram
    1 tb SSD (M2)
    LED lights to make it feel cooler.

On my GS66 Laptop it is 100 FPS on medium settings at 1080p.
    Medium Everything
    -Minus Shadows
    i7 8 Core (70% Load)
    2070 (25% Load)
    32 gb Ram
    1tb SSD

I still haven't surmised why one build is processor heavy and the other is not, pure simple speculation could be that it's not using 4/8 cores therefore impacting the % calcs.

• DaiKahn
    DaiKahn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Max settings, including default settings in Votan's Advanced Settings addon

PvE only

Intel i7-6700K CPU @ 4.0GHz
    NVidia GeForce RTX 2070 8GB
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10
    I'm just a man
    Hail Sithis
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    i use ryzen 5 3600, AMD RX 5600XT, 16GB of ram and SSD

all setting max except shadow on low

the game ran quite smooth, 80% of the time is on 60fps on 1080p, sometimes drop to 40-50 but thats rare, more frequently drop that low at cyrodiil tho
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% - 40% (impossible to play, the game constantly freezes)
    iMac 2017 27 inch

my ENTIRE Mac OS will "crash".

There is a three letter word in this statement that represents your problem. Don't buy an iBrick. At one point my wife did map mods on sc2 and we bought the top of the line iMac because why not, couldn't do ***, bricked in two years.

I'm running 150 fps consistently: at 1440p on a G-Sync Monitor (which may make a diff)

Ultra Everything
    -Shadows
    i7 8 Core (10% Load)
    3070 (50% Load)
    16gb Ram
    1 tb SSD (M2)
    LED lights to make it feel cooler.

On my GS66 Laptop it is 100 FPS on medium settings at 1080p.
    Medium Everything
    -Minus Shadows
    i7 8 Core (70% Load)
    2070 (25% Load)
    32 gb Ram
    1tb SSD

I still haven't surmised why one build is processor heavy and the other is not, pure simple speculation could be that it's not using 4/8 cores therefore impacting the % calcs.

Seriously? 🙄

My mac runs everything perfectly fine except eso. ESO is the only software I have an issue with.
    Adobe products, Total War, whatever, perfectly fine.

Not only do I prefer the Mac OS, I have a Mac because my job demands I have one when I do work from home.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys buy Stadia and feel no bugs, no problems. Every time U need a support the guys from Stadia contact with u like a friends of urs.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think eso biggest thing is memory requirements for ram are higher then zos thinks it is. I was scrolling over this again thinking I jumped almost 10 frames in trials just with 4 gbs of more ram.
    I guess video ram too, all the new costumes, mounts and styles they adds who need to be loaded.
    Holding out on upgrading 980ti mine as I get an hand me down 2080ti from the 3D guy if I sell in better cards for him.
    However 3D orders has been slow and the beer bug slowed thing down more.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    I think eso biggest thing is memory requirements for ram are higher then zos thinks it is. I was scrolling over this again thinking I jumped almost 10 frames in trials just with 4 gbs of more ram.
    Ram is like range of an EV or armor thickness. Its an waste until you need it but then you need it it will ruin you day.

I guess video ram too, all the new costumes, mounts and styles they adds who need to be loaded into it.
    Holding out on upgrading this ones 980ti as I get an hand me down 2080ti from the 3D guy if I sell in better cards for him.
    However 3D orders has been slow and the beer bug slowed thing down more.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    60% - 80% (periodically experience strong lags)
    I run ESO at absolute max settings everywhere (with reshade), only exception being view distance which I tend to turn down in trials specifically; that one's a huge FPS hog for me. Most locations I hover around 90FPS, but the usual laggy suspects (Nahvi for example) make my performance dip enormously after a while.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, Radeon RX 5700 XT, 16GB Ram
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • warg_derpin_gdf
    60% - 80% (periodically experience strong lags)
    tbf, I have an HP model w/AMD4 basically the lowest grade that can run it, with resolution and other graphics tweaked down. It's much closer to 80% when I use a wired connection, but wireless it can be a headache especially in heavy traffic areas (or whenever my computer decides to try to start processing things mid-play)
    Karliah, when will you learn?!!
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40% - 60% (frequent lags and freezes)
    Good in overland, towns, dungeons 100 FPS...but as soon as I am in raids or cluttered PvP -> FPS drops to 30 sometimes lower.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% - 40% (impossible to play, the game constantly freezes)
    HyekAr wrote: »
    Hey guys buy Stadia and feel no bugs, no problems. Every time U need a support the guys from Stadia contact with u like a friends of urs.

I had considered that, but I need addons to help with my guild activities.
  • Malpheus_Prime
    Malpheus_Prime
    ✭✭✭

Seriously? 🙄

My mac runs everything perfectly fine except eso. ESO is the only software I have an issue with.
    Adobe products, Total War, whatever, perfectly fine.

Not only do I prefer the Mac OS, I have a Mac because my job demands I have one when I do work from home.

Yes seriously, in 1/2 years your machine will be obsolete with RAM upgrades available to you at best. I've owned three.

They are fine every person computers and are great for coders, but they are like bringing an automatic car to a stick shift race.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3700x and Vega 56
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@HyekAr hows your FPS
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
    Installed RAM 32.0 GB
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Playing full ULTRA and settings

My most recent characters
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

👀 I got both
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@HyekAr hows your FPS

Locked in at 30 fps always
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My worst case scenario is 55-60 FPS, my best case is 100 FPS, as I have left it capped there. I average 80-110 ping.

My PC:
    CPU- i7 7700k @ 4.2Ghz
    RAM- 16GB DDR4-3600
    GPU- 1080 GTX 8GB
    PSU- 1000W 80+ Gold
    SSD- 1TB 860 EVO, and 500GB 860 EVO (ESO is on the 1TB, OS is on the 500GB.)

Settings:
    If it can be turned up, it's maxed... With a few exceptions. Sunlight Rays are turned off. Depth of Field is turned off. Maximum Particle Systems is set to 1024. Particle Suppression Distance is set to 50. View Distance is set to 60. Everything else is maxed out, the game looks and plays great!

I also might turn ally effects off, just to see if it will increase the low end of my performance a bit.
  • HyekAr
    HyekAr
    ✭✭✭

I had considered that, but I need addons to help with my guild activities.

Yes, the addons are the weak point of Stadia