The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How smooth ESO is running on your PC?

MikeSkyrim333
MikeSkyrim333
✭✭✭✭
Additionally you can write characteristics of your computer and ingame graphics settings

How smooth ESO is running on your PC? 150 votes

80% - 100% (pretty smooth)
60%
SirAndyKikazarudaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOhaploeb14_ESOkypranb14_ESOAlurriaNeriakLeglessUKTwystfreespiritTheForFeeFKhenarthizariaSeptimus_Magnadanno8MasterWarriorLauranaeDaiKahnmertustaphaneub17_ESO 90 votes
60% - 80% (periodically experience strong lags)
24%
dcam86b14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESONirntrotterMahabahabthaGythralimendil.theb17_ESOEndriuIdinuseEasily_LostMikeSkyrim333HexysBloodMagicLordNarvuntienessi2Irfindjssriotaltunit21TelvanniWizardUnified_GamingPog_Mahone 36 votes
40% - 60% (frequent lags and freezes)
12%
BelegnoleSorakaCelephantsylvius_BornasfinmoCerboltJierdanitRoztlin45iomgi87colossalvoidstodoketeperfictionjoergingerzvaviHambootrelentless_turnipXandreia_ZastrixWySoSiriusGodsGrieffrancesinhalover 19 votes
20% - 40% (impossible to play, the game constantly freezes)
1%
BlueRavenLephrel 2 votes
0% - 40% (nightmare)
2%
AshyachunesakinterSpawniaq 3 votes
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    *made a mistake at the end of the poll: correctly "0% - 20% (nightmare)" not "0% - 40% (nightmare)" :#

I play on high settings

Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz
    RAM 16 Gb
    SSD 240 Gb (ESO here)
    HDD 1000 Gb
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4Gb
    Edited by MikeSkyrim333 on May 31, 2021 9:44AM
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty smooth, which actually suprises me as my computer could be considered quite old (probably mid-2014?).

Intel i7-4790DDR3 16GBCPU@3.6GHz
    NVidia GeForde GTX745 4GB
    DDR3 16GB
    Windows 10
    PC-EU
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSI Meg Godlike
    i9-9900k 4.7 GHz
    64gb 3200 MHz DDR4 (it was on sale, 43% off)
    Dual GTX 1080 Ti in SLI
    1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
    Asus PG279Q 1440p Monitor with G-Sync

I custom run the game at 150-165 FPS. Everything is at max settings except Shadow is turned lowest setting, Water Detail is second or third lowest. Can't change Water Detail too low or the ground looks messed up when it rains. These settings are generally resource hogs so most games I run them at low or off settings.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on May 31, 2021 9:52AM
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laptop with i5-8300H, 1050Ti and 16GB of RAM here, game overall keeps stable 60 fps even with tons of addons enabled, but it drops to 30s during trials.
    Edited by perfiction on May 31, 2021 9:49AM
  • GodsGrief
    GodsGrief
    ✭✭✭
    wrong answer, i thought you meant the online lag. MB.
    I5 4690k
    Rx 570
    8gb ram
    SSD boot
    HDD storage.

Game is mostly in 60fps lock all the time due to monitor but it runs buttery smooth in terms of fps. It drops to mid 50s in cities for a second but i assume that's because of my ram. and my GPU was a budget one 2nd hand and im using a sleeper pc to do so. Im playing mid to high settings

Settings:
    Resolution: 1920 X1080
    Textures - High
    Shadows - Medium
    Antialiasing - TAA
    View distance - 50
    SSAO LIGHTING
    Grass - high
    depth of field - circular high
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running on a prebuilt £500 machine with a 750ti and it runs pretty smooth, even in PvP with Max settings
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fine most of the time, although loading times vary wildly. Trial FPS sees a drop of around 20-30 fps compared to normal, cyrodiil even worse during busy times, and server side lag in cyro still an issue as it always has been.

i7-8700K
    16GB RAM
    GTX 1080 8GB
    HDD storage
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GB RAM, RX 480, 256 GB SSD.
    High settings, TAA, disabled AO, DOF and blur, stable 36 fps.
    Lots of addons, reshade shaders, enabled all combat info.
    Edited by ixthUA on May 31, 2021 11:05AM
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭
    MSI Meg Godlike
    i9-9900k 5.0 GHz
    32 Gb 4500 MHz DDR4
    Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080
    1TB NVMe M.2 SSD

Everything is on max settings wise, except Shadows. My FPS is in the range of 120-165 depending on the situation.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paided 350 and currently used at 328

AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual-Core Processor 2.6GHz with Precision Boost up to 3.5GHz (Up to 4MB L3 Cache)

5g wifi
    8 gb ram upgraded from 4.

500 sdd NVMe M.2 SSD- eso here (upgraded from 128 gb )

1 tB hdd (came with upgrade parts)

60 to 90 frames
    40 to 60 frames in trial
    80 to 90 latency (used to be 200 to 300 with 2g wifi)

I could add more ram but satisfied with performance. The only big thing I noticed was view distance needs to be lot farther then default settings in cydrolli which pushes anyone performance requirements. I actually think 16 gb ram would increase performance in cydrolli. Still nothing freezes for me and no noticable lag, or non fireing skills. Next the difference of ssd and and HDD is very stark. Originally had eso on same pc on HDD with around ,3 to 5 min load screens while now it's 20 secs max. Also the world just loads seemless on SSSD Note world runs better on rpm higher HDD too.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Display-Graphics-Keyboard-A515-43-R19L/dp/B07RF1XD36/?tag=lapninj-20
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on May 31, 2021 11:56AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good outside sometimes in trials rarely in cyrodil.
    Ryzen 9 4 ghz, 48 gb ram, eso on an 1TB m2 ssd. 980ti grapic card who is the weakest part I say.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iMac 2017 27 inch

4,2 ghz quad core intel i7
    32 Gb ram

So basically, while playing the game, my ENTIRE Mac OS will "crash". (OK, let me explain what is exactly happening. While playing the game, and only while playing this particular game, rather frequently the entire screen will go black. Then, after a second or two, the Mac OS login screen will appear. I am calling this a system crash, but there may be a more technical term I am not aware of.)

From there I put in my computer's password and my normal desktop appears. ALSO any programs I was running at the time also reopens. BUT as for the game I can still hear it, as if it is still running, however it does not show up as open in my sidebar, my force quit window, and I can not see it on the screen. All I see is my normal desktop, with icons folders etc.
    I can still hear it as if it is running, and from the background noises I can tell it is NOT in a loop or anything, but other then the sound the game is not detectable in any normal sense.

The "Activity Monitor" utility DOES show it running though.

This video was shot on my phone for reason that will be obvious. Also I had to block or blur out portions of it for privacy concerns, but it is one continual shot video.

https://youtu.be/2nIbH_XoELE

This issue goes back to March of last year and appears to be something that they implemented with the new chapters. The vanilla zones are fine.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual-Core Processor 2.6GHz with Precision Boost up to 3.5GHz (Up to 4MB L3 Cache)

5g wifi

60 to 90 frames
    40 to 60 frames in trial

I could add more ram but satisfied with performance. The only big thing I noticed was view distance needs to be lot farther then default settings in cydrolli which pushes anyone performance requirements. I actually think 16 gb ram would increase performance in cydrolli. Still nothing freezes for me and no noticable lag, or non fireing skills. Next the difference of ssd and and HDD is very stark. Originally had eso on same pc on HDD with around ,3 to 5 min load screens while now it's 20 secs max. Also the world just loads seemless on SSSD Note world runs better on rpm higher HDD too.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Display-Graphics-Keyboard-A515-43-R19L/dp/B07RF1XD36/?tag=lapninj-20
    I can tell you that more ram will increase performance, if you more that 32 GB you an SSD don't help so much as you keep so much in memory.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine's butt cheek smooth. Didn't see that option.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

5g wifi

60 to 90 frames
    40 to 60 frames in trial

I can tell you that more ram will increase performance, if you more that 32 GB you an SSD don't help so much as you keep so much in memory.

Thanks I am thinking 16 would be sweet spot for now absolutely no issues any in pve content or battlegrounds. I haven't played in cydrolli as much, bit I think part of the problem is it most definitely has higher min and even recommend requirements then rest of game

I say this because I actually see loading in cydrolli and view distance had to up or surprise attacked. I didn't experience any issues engaged in fights but I don't go to cydrolli as often as battlegrounds and imperial city.
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on May 31, 2021 12:33PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    iMac 2017 27 inch

32 Gb ram

So basically, while playing the game, my ENTIRE Mac OS will "crash". (OK, let me explain what is exactly happening. While playing the game, and only while playing this particular game, rather frequently the entire screen will go black. Then, after a second or two, the Mac OS login screen will appear. I am calling this a system crash, but there may be a more technical term I am not aware of.)

From there I put in my computer's password and my normal desktop appears. ALSO any programs I was running at the time also reopens. BUT as for the game I can still hear it, as if it is still running, however it does not show up as open in my sidebar, my force quit window, and I can not see it on the screen. All I see is my normal desktop, with icons folders etc.
    I can still hear it as if it is running, and from the background noises I can tell it is NOT in a loop or anything, but other then the sound the game is not detectable in any normal sense.

This video was shot on my phone for reason that will be obvious. Also I had to block or blur out portions of it for privacy concerns, but it is one continual shot video.

This issue goes back to March of last year and appears to be something that they implemented with the new chapters. The vanilla zones are fine.

Did you just ignore a cornflower near the shrine in Crag? o.O
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prettay Prettay pretty good.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game runs smooth on my aging (late 2015) iMac 27-inch running MacOS Catalina:

Model Identifier: iMac17,1
    Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 3,2 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 32 GB

I used to run this rig wired but I now get pretty good performance on wi-fi as the SO hates wires ;)
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really good, but with a few caveats. I don't PVP, hence I don't get zerg lag. I don't do many dungeons, and tend to play at off hours. Adding to this my graphics are generally not set to high as I am getting older and my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

All in all though it is still an enjoyable experience from a bloke that played the entire gold box set in the 80's. I had an Atari before that too (Dungeon Master FTW).
    Edited by Toxic_Hemlock on May 31, 2021 12:59PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMD Ryzen 2700X, 16G RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti, 500G SSD, 2T HDD.

I get 60 - 100 fps and latencies under 100 ms. The only exception on latency is for some reason it will jump to 500 - 999 ms for a minute or two after porting to a new location unless I keep my character perfectly still then it will go to normal after about 30 seconds. It appears to have happened via some maintenance after I stopped playing early last year and took the game up again in December.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iMac 2017 27 inch

32 Gb ram

Did you just ignore a cornflower near the shrine in Crag? o.O

@Lady_Galadhiel

51215160661_bcf2b0ba69_c.jpg

Why? Do you need any? :-)

I do not normally film my screen when playing, I was filming it to show the "crashing" issue in particular so that I can make a video of it.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »

I used to run this rig wired but I now get pretty good performance on wi-fi as the SO hates wires ;)

That is interesting, what graphic settings do you have yours set to?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 year old machine, run everything on Ultra, never have any issues (well, high satellite ping - certainly not the game's fault!)

AMD FX-8320 8-core 3.50GHz
    16 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX960
    Crucial 500 GB SSD
    2 TB HDD
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @BlueRaven That is a lot of cornflowers indeed,still I couldn't pass by a cornflower without picking it up,I am too attached to them.Such pretty flowers :D
    I know you filmed the video to show your issue ^^
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LalMirchi wrote: »

That is interesting, what graphic settings do you have yours set to?

Here's a screenshot. I lowered the graphic settings after searching for optimisation tips and the highest graphic setting don't look so much better than what I ended up with. Bloom, Distortion, Sunlight Rays & Show Additional Ally Effects are OFF.

aaVUymD.png
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 2014 rig it works quite well actually..

I7 4790, 16gig ram and GTX 980 4 gig. Game is installed on a HDD (7200 rpm).

I have graphics set on ultra, with only drawing distance and particles slightly lowered.

On 1080p I get decent frame rate. 60 average with 30 low and 150 high. It is worth mentioning that "low" fps only occurs in Cyro during longer sieges where there is a lot of players.
  • Kaurie
    Kaurie
    Full max settings (set to ultra and then changed FXAA to TAA, SSAO to HBAO), with draw distance reduced. Game runs 60 fps 100% of the time at 4k on my 4k60 TV, and hovers between 70 and 144 on my 1440p 144hz monitor.

The only issue I have is the loading times (30-60s for a character load).

I have a RTX 3080, i5 10600k, 16 GB RAM 3200hz, NVMe 1TB drive at 3.5GBps read, 3.0 GBps write.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think eso biggest thing is memory requirements for ram are higher then zos thinks it is. I was scrolling over this again thinking I jumped almost 10 frames in trials just with 4 gbs of more ram.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has always run pretty smoothly for me(on three different PC's since 2016), I rarely experience any lag, though I have had long loading times a few times and the dreaded endless loading.
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something did happen to me last week though. I lost power in my house while playing. When power came back on and I logged back in game was extremely laggy.

I checked event logs and hardware status but all looked good. Finally, I disabled all my add-ons and te-enabled them and problem was mostly fixed. The lock picking animation is still a little sticky.

I7-9700k 16G
    RTX 2060 Super 8G

Play on high at 60fps