The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP should have more exclusive earnable skin(s)/mount(s) like PVE trial content

UGotBenched91
UGotBenched91
✭✭✭✭✭
I noticed with the new chapter arriving and reflecting on others that PVE trial content has a large amount of the earnable skins and mounts. I was curious what the public's opinion was if PVP if in the future ZOS should give PVP exclusive skin/mount for completing specific content within Cyrodil/battlegrounds?
Edited by UGotBenched91 on May 31, 2021 2:40PM

PVP should have more exclusive earnable skin(s)/mount(s) like PVE trial content 71 votes

Yes, PVP should have earnable skin(s)/mount(s)
59%
GilvothZigoSidstybbe17b16_ESOVeitaFlaminirXuhoraNinrod86Jeffrey530Icy_NelyanTBoisDerraJackeyallup8679fizl101GreasytengublkjagmikemaconTrinotopsChickenSuckerNoszet 42 votes
No, PVP shouldn't have earnable skin(s)/mount(s)
26%
kosh_ESOAlurriaOlauronStreegaSarannahZer0_CooLAntonShanTommy_The_GunTyrobagArchonLucienDosuuljoergingerLoneStar2911nukk3rRinging_NirnrootSuna_Ye_SunnabeStarlight_WhispercouriersixAwnia 19 votes
I'm indifferent
14%
BlueRavenThorntongueKhenarthiParasaurolophusSmitch_59meekmikoSylvermynxGOAT4EVARA_mean_old_catseldomseenkd 10 votes
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we already have a skin from IC, several style motifs from Bgs, two motifs and a costume from cyro and two costumes from IC. Seems enough for me.
    Also the least thing this game needs are more mounts, but thats just my humble opinion.

Edit: The Poll option suggests that there arn't any earnable skins for PvP which is missleading. Should say "PvP doesn't need further earnable cosmetics or mounts."
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on May 31, 2021 1:56PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I voted yes but I honestly can't think of what they would look like. Pve skins and mounts are themed to the content, ie the Sunspire trial is ice and fire themed with cats, the skin incorporates ice and fire, the mount is a giant cat with ice and fire.
    What would pvp exclusive mounts and skins look like?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Well, we already have a skin from IC, several style motifs from Bgs, two motifs and a costume from cyro and two costumes from IC. Seems enough for me.
    Also the least thing this game needs are more mounts, but thats just my humble opinion.

I heard there was a costume from Cyrodiil as well as motifs.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As there are already a few costumes they could also add a mount towards the pvp rewards and why not some skins too.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean like the Emperor's Regalia and the Legate Black and Ruby Throne Red dyes that are super sought after?
    The Moot Councillor
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent
    Just to add, there are also three polymorphs from IC as well. I am not against adding more, but to suggest they don’t have any unique cosmetics is misleading.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing pvp for years and i never got any mounts or skins or stuff. Also reaching 5 stars was very anti-climatic, nothing happened. Need better rewards for my playing time. Make rewards for the worthy drop cool stuff. Now they all get destroyed, my only reward is inbox full all the time and terrible, time-conduming job of destroying them all few times a week.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imho nothing should be exclusive to only one type of activity. Maybe aside from titles.

My point is that there should be at least 2 methods of obtaining stuff. Gear is a good example. Most of it you can farm yourself or buy from guild traders. Same for some skins. You can grind pvp and get a unique skin or costume, or you can buy it from guild traders for some absurdly ridiculous amount of gold.

I wish that one day we will be able to have other means of obtaining dungeon gear (like IC dungeons have key fragments) or maybe even dungeon personalities / skins / mounts runeboxes.
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: The Poll option suggests that there arn't any earnable skins for PvP which is missleading. Should say "PvP doesn't need further earnable cosmetics or mounts."

Ah that's my fault I forgot about the skin. As far as the rest I'm not talking about costumes and outfits I'm referring to skins and mounts.
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are things tied to IC, but they are obtained by doing pve in a pvp zone (yeah, technically you could get the telvar from other players, but no one goes there save from midyear's mayhem, so for the most part you get your stones from npcs).

I would like to see some skins, not polymorphs, tied to pvp achievements (either in bgs, cyro, or whatever). Same for mounts.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i get 95% of my stones from players. o:) But you got a point, without pve, there wouldn't be any stones and therefore no costumes/skins.
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Just to add, there are also three polymorphs from IC as well. I am not against adding more, but to suggest they don’t have any unique cosmetics is misleading.

This post specifically says mounts and skins. I’m not talking about polymorph or costumes or motifs so I’m not sure why that keeps getting brought up. So we are looking at 1 skin for IC. Compare this to the skins/mounts earn able through PVE. It’s no contest.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent
    BlueRaven wrote: »

This post specifically says mounts and skins. I’m not talking about polymorph or costumes or motifs so I’m not sure why that keeps getting brought up. So we are looking at 1 skin for IC. Compare this to the skins/mounts earn able through PVE. It’s no contest.

Ok I did not quite catch you were being so specific.

Well it’s not like pve gives out mounts left and right. In fact, outside of just spending gold, or the event vendor, I can’t really remember getting one that was not on the crown store. I know one is given for completing a very difficult trial. And there is one for archeology I suppose.

I guess skins are more prevalent in pve. But again I am indifferent
    I understand pvp could use some rewards to grind for to maintain interest. Skins and mounts could be those rewards I suppose.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes but I honestly can't think of what they would look like. Pve skins and mounts are themed to the content, ie the Sunspire trial is ice and fire themed with cats, the skin incorporates ice and fire, the mount is a giant cat with ice and fire.
    What would pvp exclusive mounts and skins look like?

Armoured to the nines war horse, breathing fire, dripping the blood of your enemies...
    So many war themed options.

I don't know how they would measure the requirements for an extreme, rare, top tier achievement to earn the equivalent of the fire and ice mount but sure, it should be there.

I think I want it, but imagine how hard everyone would gun for you if you were prancing around on one. 😂
    Need a set the size of Saturn on you.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every aspect of the game should have more earnable content.

Costumes, pets, furniture and houseguests