The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opening Chests on PC is Worse!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
It took me a while to get used to opening locked chests on console, but it usually works now.

I find it much harder on the PC, especially since the mouse doesn't give me the shaking feedback most of the time until it is too late. Really frustrating there.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen and watch the tumblers. Watching is really all you need to do. EZ-PZ.

It just takes a little practice and you'll be doing Master chests in one shot.
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get a game controller for PC that acts like xbox or Play station.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could also try the addon FCO Lockpicker ( https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info909-FCOLockpicker.html ).
    It makes it easier to see when the tumblers are in the right place.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just press R. Not that hard
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the Springs, not the Pins.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hold down the right mouse button and tap the left one when I see the shake.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All above, plus lvl up Ledger and get auto open works :D
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I also remember position. There are 4 (or 5) places the tumbler will set at and it doesn't change as long as it doesn't reset, so if I miss it the first time I just release when it gets to that position the second time. It might use up a few more pics that way but I've got so many at this point it doesn't matter. I only run out of time on a Master when I get distracted while attempting one.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• drunkendx
    drunkendx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Listen and watch the tumblers. Watching is really all you need to do. EZ-PZ.

It just takes a little practice and you'll be doing Master chests in one shot.

This, been a while since i last time failed to open chest
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's all what you're used to. I've no issues opening with a mouse, I don't need the audio for it.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince, get the FCO Lockpicker addon.
    PC EU
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »

Once you've had that it's quite hard to go back to picking locks.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could also try the addon FCO Lockpicker ( https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info909-FCOLockpicker.html ).
    It makes it easier to see when the tumblers are in the right place.

Thanks. I was looking for an addon. Though I haven't added any addons yet since my computer is fairly old.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Ippokrates wrote: »

Once you've had that it's quite hard to go back to picking locks.

I will agree with that. My main on the PS4 (NA) can do force locks almost all the time. Leveling up on many alts takes time.
    Hurbster wrote: »
    I hold down the right mouse button and tap the left one when I see the shake.

I thought only the left mouse button worked. I will try the other button as well. I wanted a slower way to press things....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Anachronia
    Personally I find unlocking the treasure chests quite easy on PC, but that might just be me. It's all in the timing and feeling for when it starts to give resistance.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anachronia wrote: »
    Personally I find unlocking the treasure chests quite easy on PC, but that might just be me. It's all in the timing and feeling for when it starts to give resistance.

It is probably the fact I am very used to the PS4 and the PC is quite a bit different (without a game controller).
    PC
    PS4/PS5