The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has anyone tested how experience boosts work alongside companions?

spacewolfplays
spacewolfplays
✭✭✭
So currently you get a boost to experience gain when playing with another player. I imagine that wouldnt happen for companions. Do you get less?

Also, so now, if you 2man+2companion nBRP, are you going to get the same XP you'd get if you 2man'd it?
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Companion counts as your 'pet' and get a fraction of exp based on your exp gained. They dont steal your exp.
    If you get say 1000exp, they get I think 200 but you still get 1000.
  • spacewolfplays
    spacewolfplays
    ✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Companion counts as your 'pet' and get a fraction of exp based on your exp gained. They dont steal your exp.

That's good to know. I didnt expect them to "steal" my xp.

I was more worried that if we 2man+2companion content, that i'd get the XP one gets if they're in a 4man group, vs a 2man group.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

That's good to know. I didnt expect them to "steal" my xp.

I was more worried that if we 2man+2companion content, that i'd get the XP one gets if they're in a 4man group, vs a 2man group.

In a group of two or more players, a companion shows up as a separate line contained within their player’s unit frame. They don’t show up as a separate player or have a unique frame. So while they will count towards group and dungeon/trial population limits, they shouldn’t give the 10% group xp kill bonus if it’s just you and your companion, nor should they reduce your xp bonus by incurring the splitting penalty if you and a friend have a companion or two out. I’d have to test it again to confirm, though.