Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to recieve private messages

justAperon
justAperon
Soul Shriven
For a few weeks now there has been a bug for me and my girlfriend that we are unnable to recieve some whispers.
It's not many whispers that we aren't recieving, happens like 1 or 2 times a day that a message just doesn't arrive.
I am unsure if this bug is affecting others aswell, but it's really bugging us...
I don't know what causes it, seems to happen randomly no matter if in an rnd or just overland questing.
Any more info on the problem in the comments or if any of the devs have heard of it would be appreciated!
Here a little "proof" let's say:
ueuyoddrxfhz.jpg
5vba2k2idlum.jpg

Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 31, 2021 6:43PM
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens sometimes when the other player is sitting through a loading screen.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you are set in offline mode.
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

Yep, probably this.

If you're set to appear Offline, you cannot receive whispers (but can send them just fine, oddly).

If the person you're trying to message is set to Offline, the message you typed simply vanishes when you hit the Enter key -- with no notification or anything telling you why AFAIK.
  • justAperon
    justAperon
    Soul Shriven
    GreenHere wrote: »
    MajThorax wrote: »

Yep, probably this.

If you're set to appear Offline, you cannot receive whispers (but can send them just fine, oddly).

If the person you're trying to message is set to Offline, the message you typed simply vanishes when you hit the Enter key -- with no notification or anything telling you why AFAIK.

No, I was in one of my friends house and she was just in Vvardenfell at the banker.
    No offline mode or loading screen. The message just didn't arrive.