Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

With the introduction of house guests, the special collectibles limit should be increased

QuantumPie
QuantumPie
✭✭✭
I've always felt that the limit on special collectibles was too low. Personally, I always have to decide between:
  • Utility NPCs (merchants, bankers, launderers)
  • Mounts
    • Achievements (GS, PB, which I will eventually get...)
    • Collections (I personally love wolves and have a ton of the Apex wolves, 2 gem exclusives, and matching wolf pups to go with the Apexes)
  • Pets
    • Fireflies & butterflies
    • Netches for fish tanks
    • Pets that match with mounts that you collect
    • My favorite dog / cat

Now not only do I have to choose between all of the things mentioned above, but also house guests to make my place feel more lively. I can understand the limitations on the furnishings since we still have people with low end pcs and last gen consoles, but increasing the special collectable limit to 10/20 doesn't seem like it will be that much of a performance hit.

Personally right now I don't even buy houseguests since I don't even have the room to use them :(

ck9ygigxrf8t.png

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah if a town like Mournhold's wayshrine area can handle two dozen NPCs crowded in a small area with far more active roles, I don't see why large homes can't handle at least 20.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more. If they don't rise all the slots, at least they could let us have more pets, mounts and guests.
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always found it odd that Mounts and Pets were lumped into the same category in the first place, especially when it comes to smaller homes. Yeah, my inn room might only just about fit one camel in it, but it apparently also can't fit more than a single torchbug or goat.

With Houseguests, I've now noticed the lack of space for "Special Collectibles" in many houses even more than before. Separating the slots and changing the limits based on house size would be lovely.

Also, somewhat on-topic, Pet categorization in the Collectibles (and by extension the housing) menu should be improved. What's the point of having all these categories when eight out of ten pets get lumped into the "Exotic" category, oftentimes completely miscategorizing them (because apparently Atronachs don't count as Daedra and chickens are very exotic animals)?
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1500+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS7Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a trade off. Say I don't care about trophy collectables, maybe I could have a few more regular collectable slots instead.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. In general limits are too low for a lot of houses, more consideration should be given to the actual size of the house, but these special limits are especially heinous. I have been trying to make my Linchal Manor into a working estate, and this has been a major roadblock for me.