The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No more natch potes?

jecks33
jecks33
✭✭✭✭✭
For real, no more patch notes? no more changes? we go live as it is?
PC-EU
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not this week because of stupid stadia

Edit:
    I dont expect anything anyway. There were 5 weeks of pts and nothing was properly fixed so why now
    Edited by Anyron on May 24, 2021 4:55PM
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a couple friends to get xbox and the game, based on the earlier video/interview where they talked about changes and server updates. My GF and I play regularly together. We enjoy PvE progression, quest content etc. etc., and PvP heavily. I've got 11 toons.

Now I feel terrible, as since then, performance has gotten worse, and this patch/update is about to exist. I'm really hoping there's some further updates before it goes live, or they at least heed feedback in the live notes.
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    Why do you blame Stadia?

• pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is usually the end of the PTS cycle. What we have now, is usually what goes live. It was why I was annoyed about the broken Templar focus, despite being reported weeks before.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    Why do you blame Stadia?

(EDIT: From what I understand) Stadia, like the consoles, require an internal type review on standard patches/dlcs before they go live. They need about 2 weeks(ish) for that review, particularly with a dlc this big.

If they were to drop a new patch today, they would have to delay the pc launch until it gets reviewed on Stadia.
    Edited by BlueRaven on May 24, 2021 6:05PM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this point what you see is typically what you get. All you can do is hope for the best because even with easy reproducible bugs there's no guarantee they'll be fixed at release.

All corporations who have software products will put a freeze on development at some point prior to release of a new version. I suspect ZOS is no different.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there wont be any more significant changes until after it goes live for PC
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • dhoward5b14_ESO
    dhoward5b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The first week after new update on PTS nothing changes. The next week is when all the significant changes usually happen. After that there are rarely any significant changes.
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    (EDIT: From what I understand) Stadia, like the consoles, require an internal type review on standard patches/dlcs before they go live. They need about 2 weeks(ish) for that review, particularly with a dlc this big.
    Ahh, so not really stupid Stadia, as ZOS is doing what they always do and Stadia is taking advantage of that to look out for their subscribers.

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, so not really stupid Stadia, as ZOS is doing what they always do and Stadia is taking advantage of that to look out for their subscribers.

Well Stadia is definitely a delaying factor when it comes to pc patches. Outside of hotfixes, it’s a factor in why zos is not as nimble as they used to be when fixing issues on pc/mac.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It IS because of stadia. It is delayed because of stadia reason is mentioned before.. Before stadia we didnt have to wait 1 week with no change
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone even play on Stadia these days anyway? Surely it doesnt have the player count to warrant ongoing support for it
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone even play on Stadia these days anyway? Surely it doesnt have the player count to warrant ongoing support for it

Does not matter. ESO is on Stadia, and Stadia is on the PC servers, so this is the way it has to be. ZOS is not going to pull support from Stadia.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Does not matter. ESO is on Stadia, and Stadia is on the PC servers, so this is the way it has to be. ZOS is not going to pull support from Stadia.

But if Stadia doesn’t survive or goes into the “maintenance mode” some are predicting, I wonder if the cert process will be dropped and ESO might go back to the more timely PC updates.

I’m not sure where Stadia’s headed, to be fair, but they might not know either. They lost several major executives, including a VP, earlier this month.