The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time and distance for which you can get stuck in combat for healing in Cyro is ridiculous

Selminus
Selminus
✭✭✭✭
So absurd in fact, that I ran so far from Nikel just now that I can't see it, hid and have time to come here and post this. I am not even in a group. This happens constantly and needs to be addressed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My raid group used to finish a fight at Chalman and run, on foot, to defend Blue Road Keep because we were stuck in combat. So annoying!
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to effect classes differently, too.

Nightblades can seemingly disengage and drop combat at will, but if my Templar says so much as hello to a horse rider with a PotL I'll be in combat forever.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Nightblades can seemingly disengage and drop combat at will, but if my Templar says so much as hello to a horse rider with a PotL I'll be in combat forever.

nope Nightblades get it too
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a trick to getting out of combat that sometimes works. Sheath your weapons, crouch, then open the crown store. When the game pulls you out of stealth, you will have a short window of not being in combat. Just long enough to mount up.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience, this "stuck in combat" bug almost only triggers when I deal dmg to someone who is in a group. It seems that the larger the group the more likely the bug is to occur.

If I fight against 12 solo players - no problem, I can deal dmg, not kill anyone, run away and... I am out of combat.

But if I fight against 12 man group, I deal dmg to them, it does not matter how far I will go. I can port to my Allaiance home base and I will still be in combat. In order to be out of combat, it seems that the entire group has to be wiped or disbanded. As long as at least 1 person from that group lives and places a camp - I will be in combat permanently (unless I suicide, but then an odd thing happens - I can not res with a soul gem, meaning that the kill is granted to a player that is on the other side of the Cyro).

I am not an expert, but this bug has something to do with how groups are coded.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm convinced it's when you enter combat with someone who you part ways with but they stay in combat.

So until they're out of combat, neither are you. It doesn't happen when you wipe a keep. But if you get hit by or hit a group running around a tower, good luck leaving that keep on your mount. Because the potatoes will chase them forever.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience, this "stuck in combat" bug almost only triggers when I deal dmg to someone who is in a group. It seems that the larger the group the more likely the bug is to occur.

If I fight against 12 solo players - no problem, I can deal dmg, not kill anyone, run away and... I am out of combat.

But if I fight against 12 man group, I deal dmg to them, it does not matter how far I will go. I can port to my Allaiance home base and I will still be in combat. In order to be out of combat, it seems that the entire group has to be wiped or disbanded. As long as at least 1 person from that group lives and places a camp - I will be in combat permanently (unless I suicide, but then an odd thing happens - I can not res with a soul gem, meaning that the kill is granted to a player that is on the other side of the Cyro).

I am not an expert, but this bug has something to do with how groups are coded.

For what it's worth, as someone who plays in a group, it seems to that anytime I engage someone who doesn't die, solo or otherwise, I can count on being in combat for a while.

It's just really strange.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

nope Nightblades get it too

Interesting. Admittedly I don't play as much NB. Haven't noticed it there yet. Just a cloak or two will let me enter stealth and drop combat. While on Plar I've suicided, rezzed, and still been in combat..
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least with major gallop as a passive we don't get caught riding up to a keep and having rapids stuck on one of our skill bars when it's time to fight...

stinks though if you need to change inventory within the quickslot...

not sure what the coding issue was in the past with preventing players from mounting while in combat...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Selminus
    Selminus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad people are commenting. This is a big issue and an easy fix. Hope to see it addressed. Today I was in a BG, the one with the moat around it and the blades that spawn. I literally was unable to mount the entire game bc I was healing. In high MMR this is a serious handicap.