Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Endeavors, A New Way to Acquire Crown Crate Items"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I don't really see why you'd introduce a new currency when we already have crown gems. Seems like unnecessary complication.

Crown gems should never even have existed if you ask me. Just put whatever is in the crown crates also up for sale in the crown store. If you get something in a crate you already have, just refund crowns. There was never a need for gems.

Of course there is a reason. I view this as a "compromise" when the loot boxes first came out. People were getting a lot of duplicates, and were complaining. By adding the gems, they eliminated the complaints about duplicates and added a new reason to buy loot boxes, which is a win-win. Remember, the goal in all of this is that people do not stop buying loot boxes.

They don't belong. ZOS has to drive people to buy them, or no one* would.

* Internet definition of "no one", which does not include "everyone".

Edited by Elsonso on May 10, 2021 5:19PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were no crown gems at first and we had to wail and forum rage and almost bring down the sky to get them.

It was just going to be crates and lump it.

It was not an issue with duplicates - we got the gems compromise before the crates went live.

The crates were never wanted. We fought from the start for things to be sold honestly and openly in the store.

However they had hired a psychologist of dubious reputation (this one will not name her) who had a track record of similar monetisation in other games and it was clear she called the shots and the crates were, overall, not negotiable.

The gems were the best compromise we could get.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as this will not be in the game at the start of Blackwood, I ask myself why this thread is still here?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    as this will not be in the game at the start of Blackwood, I ask myself why this thread is still here?

Where was this?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Where was this?

on twitch, bethesda live stream last week
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Where was this?

on twitch, bethesda live stream last week

Will be turned on when the new Crate season starts. Posted here, earlier today:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus