The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How about you share some ideas for what you can add to improve housing.

Banetek
Banetek
✭✭✭
I would like to see a few things added.

Alts added even if all they do is walk around and don't say anything. Wouldn't it be nice to see your alts walking around your home when you are not on them?

I would like to have a banker that says more than the two lines he says and speaking of he says, how about a female banker?

Companions should when they are added be an NPC that can walk around the home.

How about instead of crafted chests that can't be used, why not make or SELL something in the craft store to make YOUR vampiric crafted chest be able to hold like 5 items?

Speaking of crafting and such how about NODES you can put in your home that spawn craft materials every X amount of time.

You could sell those on the crown store and anyone could harvest them depending on your settings.

Lastly you should give more reasons like a rating system or something to get more people visiting your home , again deepening on your settings. The amount of time, farming and trips to the craft table or crown store should be rewarded with a system where people could not verbally flex their skill, design or just inspire others to enjoy an aspect of ESO that I love.

Disclaimer I love pvp and trials but my guilty pleasure is decorating ( don't tell my pvp-pve guildmates that )

top it off with a couple of kitty's running around and I have the perfect ESO home.

• Dropstitch
    Dropstitch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll respond.

In all honesty I quite like housing as it is- I like that a lot of the limitations within housing (the slot limits, the limited furnishing options and some of the awful base house designs) actually force creativity.

There are a few things I would change: -

1) A few more slots- but I only think 50-100 are actually required without houses becoming unwieldy, overstuffed gold/crown sinks.
    2) Furniture storage. I find it absurd that ZOS have not found a solution to this issue after all this time. I have multiple houses (some of which I have paid RL currency for) filled with junk and I am forced to waste considerable time dumping and picking up furnishings every time I work on something. If you are incapable of fixing this issue ZOS just give us all a 3000 slot coffer in lieu. Do something!
    3) I realise that the consensus within ZOS is that crown houses need to be these bloated, vulgar goliaths in order to justify the price, but can they be toned down a bit; at least to keep them within reach of the 700 item limit.

Also, I can live without a rating system. Not everything in life needs to be reduced to a thumbs up or a thumbs down.
    Edited by Dropstitch on May 17, 2021 9:09AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There should be a Pinned thread at the top of the Housing Forums titled 'Suggestion / Request thread' or something. The Crown Store section of the Forum has a 'Wishlist' thread started by Gina, pinned right at the top. Housing could benefit from this too! :smile:

There are dozens of request / improvement threads (or literally hundreds by this point), that players make, and then most players totally agree about it (usually it's very similar issues and there's like a top 5 list of frequently-asked things that always come up in improvement discussions), but which then don't go anywhere and probably aren't read by dev team before they are buried. :disappointed:

Even if the Housing Wishlist still wouldn't help requests get answered (just as they aren't now; for example I don't think the 'Furnishing Limit' post was replied to after being posted, to say why the many alternative solutions suggested by the players there wouldn't work), it would at least collect ideas and suggestions in one place and boost their visibility, and increase the chance of devs being able to read it in one place.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More building materials that can actually be used together and that have more versatility.

We've got plenty of platforms/floors: Solitude, Markarth, Alinor, and they're great for floors, but they're too thick to make good, easy walls. When actual walls *do* exist, they have weird patterns or imperfections (Solitude walls have the weird thing at the top, for example). The only foolproof non-wooden walls I've seen are the Alinor walls, but they're so small that you need a lot of them to build much.

We've got doors, but no doorways to match.

Few options for windows.

Etc.

I usually have to waste a good number of item slots if I want to 'fix' issues like this, which is frustrating when the fixes are obvious- why *all* floors/platforms need to be ridiculously thick?

And before I get a slew of replies providing ideas/workarounds for my issues: I appreciate it, but I know about these. I don't think we should have to create so many workarounds simply to get around unnecessary issues caused by design flaws.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a normal seized home in The Reach, like one of those dwemer houses near Markarth or a house in Kartwasten, normal seize, or cabin near a river in the mountains.

then I wish dummies to display gear I farmed/crafted.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons, mounted weapons and weapon racks as furniture items for houses.

Musical instruments as furniture items.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I mentioned in another thread, being able to adjust ambient house lighting to brighten or darken the rooms would be great, especially since many light sources are dim and/or have a small radius.

Also, I think it was SilverBride that asked for more choices for lighting sources that just only on or off, a slider bar would be ideal for brightness but at least one or two more brightness choices would help. I could even envision the housing editor set up so you could select the brightness and radius of the light individually after you place a lighting furnishing.

Others mentioned being able to set the time of day for the house to be nighttime (or daytime) as desired. Ideally, you could choose whatever hour you desire.

Another item I frequently ask for is a simple, plain chain to lower/lengthen chandeliers in homes with high ceilings, such as the Psijic Villa. This is such a basic item that I would use often.

Windows of varying styles to place inside the house so that it matches the outside of the house, Thieves Oasis comes to mind with the exterior windows that just have a bare wall on the inside behind them.

That’s all that comes to mind at the moment. I’ll add more later if I think of anything.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• val_hallen
    val_hallen
    Soul Shriven
    What I'd really like to see added is plain old animals to liven things up. Like, not the crappy weird non-combat pets, but actual animals from the game world. And in bulk. To put some mice in the storage, frogs and ibises near water bodies, sheep and guar chicks, bees on the farm... Maybe even a hackwing or something high in the sky. I mean, you can buy a whole island and not one frigging bird will go near it, this dead sterile-ness gives me the creeps, even Oblivion planes are more lively. Even a casual centipede in the yard would make me happy. Dream: koi pond (I'd agree to slaughterfishies at this point, ha-ha).
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -Global home goods merchant or merchants that have everything. Like a Botanist npc in alliance capitals that sells every tree, shrub etc so I don't have to run all over the place picking stuff up.
    -turn all Inn rooms into apartments so they have the 50/100 item limit.
    -musical instruments- mainly a lute. Doesn't have to be interactbly or make a sound. Itd just loom nice as a decoration.
    -more letters, open books, scrolls etc. Don't need new assets for this, they're already in the game files.
    -curved corner counters.
    -storage chest that's just for furniture with 1000+ capacity.
    -decorative weapons and armor. The existing ones from base game would be fine, I'm not fussy.
    -when you add something like the Dawnbreaker sword as a crown store style page make a decorative housing version too. It will double your sales.
    -master light switch for houses that's turns all on and off... welll a toggle in editor actually I guess.
    -ability to get house guests to do some basic emotes- dancing, sweeping, etc
    -toggle to hide houses I don't own on the map.
    -ability to sell back houses I no longer want that I bought with gold. Don't mind if we only 50% back. Even GTA has this.
    -double the drop rate on Mundane Runes, either directly or by giving them as writ rewards or adding them to surveys. Heartwood could use a buff too.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to craft dummy items for display use, like my "Sword Collection, to bring it on the wall.
    Display! Display cases, that are working without any tricks or extra lights and where you actually see the item within.

Clear and clean Textures.

Scaling standards for furnishings - Why is my breton bed as tall as my Breton Character and the breton desk barely reaches to her tighs? WHY?

Walls, that are not letting through light! - there re soooo many walls, where I place a light on one side only to find it shining through on the other, completly ruining the entire other room.

Houses, that are designed by REAL LIFE architects! People that know how to create space, that know about lines of sight and daylight lighting! GOD! This is sooooooo aweful in ESO.

There are only three or four houses, that are not dark, damp, dirty and full of dead space. IRGH! FRUSTRATION! -

BIGGER is NOT BETTER. BETTER IS BETTER!!!!!

.....sorry....had to vent.....
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day/night toggle. It's already something they can do.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was SilverBride that asked for more choices for lighting sources that just only on or off, a slider bar would be ideal for brightness but at least one or two more brightness choices would help. I could even envision the housing editor set up so you could select the brightness and radius of the light individually after you place a lighting furnishing.

Yes lighting really needs an upgrade. Besides brightness settings, or a slider, it would be nice if they could do something about some light sources bleeding through walls, floors and ceilings. Being able to set the radius as you suggested would help with that.
    Edited by SilverBride on May 18, 2021 3:36PM
    PCNA
  • Dropstitch
    Dropstitch
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Snip*

There are only three or four houses, that are not dark, damp, dirty and full of dead space. IRGH! FRUSTRATION! -

Every new house should be biggerer than the last house. How else would you know that it is better?

I timed myself walking across some of the recent houses. I think the last one was a two week expedition, with only the occasional break to pick up food deliveries. On average I think I saw a furnishing once every hour. The rarity actually increases the excitement of such sightings.
    Edited by Dropstitch on May 18, 2021 5:07PM
  • Banetek
    Banetek
    ✭✭✭
    The ability to craft dummy items for display use, like my "Sword Collection, to bring it on the wall.
    Display! Display cases, that are working without any tricks or extra lights and where you actually see the item within.

Clear and clean Textures.

Scaling standards for furnishings - Why is my breton bed as tall as my Breton Character and the breton desk barely reaches to her tighs? WHY?

Walls, that are not letting through light! - there re soooo many walls, where I place a light on one side only to find it shining through on the other, completely ruining the entire other room.

Houses, that are designed by REAL LIFE architects! People that know how to create space, that know about lines of sight and daylight lighting! GOD! This is sooooooo aweful in ESO.

The houses should have a public rating system based ON THE HOUSE not a bigger house. For example all houses would be rated based on decorations in said house. Only X house would be shown in the public directory with other X houses.

Just thought I would clarify my idea
  • Banetek
    Banetek
    ✭✭✭
    Dropstitch wrote: »
    *Snip*

Every new house should be biggerer than the last house. How else would you know that it is better?

I timed myself walking across some of the recent houses. I think the last one was a two week expedition, with only the occasional break to pick up food deliveries. On average I think I saw a furnishing once every hour. The rarity actually increases the excitement of such sightings.

@banetek youll love my house :)
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I wish is that we would could add enemies to our houses. For example, our characters have gained notoriety with various enemy groups as they’ve leveled up, so it wouldn't be unusual for assassins or Daedra to show up from time to time. We could have controls to set the group(s) and placement to random, or be given the choice of setting spawn points and enemy pathing, and a frequently slider that we could set to 5% or 10% (we wouldn’t want them breaking in all the time). And how about a difficulty slider for the enemies that appear?

Just think about what we could do with a system like this, we could make our own mini dungeons for friends and guild events with the larger houses like the Alyeid ruins. It would add an entirely new OPTIONAL system to housing.🙂
  • Imperial1995
    Imperial1995
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, there’s been hundreds of these threads (pls make a master thread for this stuff ZOS) BUT
    That being said:

Nearly every base game asset. I’m talking the glowing bottles in the Vile Manse, intact Imperial banners/tapestries. Chapel themed stained glass, farm assets, armors and weapons along with their respective racks. Maps, open books and letters, ink quills and their bottles (as one furnishing item).

FLORA. Apple trees, grape vineyards, flowers, bushes, trees, shrubs and other such beautiful, wonderful, inaccessible assets just begging be be turned into another furnishing pack.

Houseguest packs! They can have some dialogue (though if hiring VAs is too much of a financial chore, just make them emote at various furnishings and points. Have them split up however you’d like, be it factions, races, DLCs or the such.

Free form water features, without the huge rocks pls. If I want a river in what was supposed to be my bedroom, SO BE IT.

Last but certainly not least: UI and QOL.

Day/Night toggles, weather effects (have a Harrowstorm or Dolmen, maybe your alter needs some Aedric or Daedric magic to it, or some steam from a hot meal or bath. Also furnishing previews with a set scale, DLC furnishing packs on the crown store (I don’t see a Greymoor one up there yet ZOS) and for the move of all that is holy: Naryu Virian as a houseguest.

There, my maniac, 1 in the morning rant is over. Now back to what I should be doing: work.
  • Calyaina
    Calyaina
    ✭✭
    Speaking of furnishing previews, I'd love a way to be able to preview furnishings from the Housing Editor Crown Store in the actual house I'm in at the time. My sense of scale isn't always great, and counting the floor tiles is approximate at best - having a sort of "try before you buy" would be extremely helpful.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    What I wish is that we would could add enemies to our houses. For example, our characters have gained notoriety with various enemy groups as they’ve leveled up, so it wouldn't be unusual for assassins or Daedra to show up from time to time. We could have controls to set the group(s) and placement to random, or be given the choice of setting spawn points and enemy pathing, and a frequently slider that we could set to 5% or 10% (we wouldn’t want them breaking in all the time). And how about a difficulty slider for the enemies that appear?

Just think about what we could do with a system like this, we could make our own mini dungeons for friends and guild events with the larger houses like the Alyeid ruins. It would add an entirely new OPTIONAL system to housing.🙂

Like that scene from the Pink Panther movie where Kato attacks him when he enters the house, that all I can see in my head now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to view a log of people who've visited so I can ban the troll/s who think it's funny to black out, rather than just have to set everyone to limited access.
  • Dropstitch
    Dropstitch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to view a log of people who've visited so I can ban the troll/s who think it's funny to black out, rather than just have to set everyone to limited access.

Even better, I'd like settings for individual furnishings, so I can lock lights, but doors can remain interactable.
  • Savince
    Savince
    Like OP, I would +1 to have alts wandering and sitting around my housing.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

I'd like it but some might not. Especially if you get awesome loot for killing them and it is infrequent. Some might feel home is a Sanctuary though.