The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone actually like CP2.0

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    Remove champion levels entirely. Distribute the champion bonuses across skill point abilities. Fixed!
    So what like, if I have 1600cp, I could put 16 skill points into Streak and teleport through keep walls? WTB
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    We are used to cp being important. I do not think they want it to be for much longer.

I don't think they want it to be all important, which the old CP system had sort of gotten to be. Not that it was the only thing that was important, but that more and more players seemed to be finding ways to use it to create broken builds. There was basically no way to let us keep distributing additional CP points among the existing options without leading to the broken builds being even more broken, hence they stopped raising the CP cap.

As I understand it (from what I think I remember them saying when they first announced it), the new system is supposed to be designed to allow for future growth or expansion, instead of just letting players keep adding more and more CP points to a few select perks until they get more and more broken.

That's how it seems to me, anyway. YMMV.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    Remove champion levels entirely. Distribute the champion bonuses across skill point abilities. Fixed!
    So what like, if I have 1600cp, I could put 16 skill points into Streak and teleport through keep walls? WTB

No. You'd just be level 50. There would be no champion levels.

Instead of spending a bunch of CP in random junk to get Treasure Hunter, for example, you'd just spend two skill points in a new Undaunted passive.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of it. But the combat abilities, aside from one, are all just % bonuses and the passives are all so small (after this coming update) that they don't really give much benefit. There isn't much diversity here to be fair. The old system had more diversity than this, and it didn't have much either.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just perhaps, once you get to level X, your character starts to get old and arthritic & the more CP point you slot the worse you get until retirement beckons and it's time to re-roll.

:smiley:

Apart from that it is so boring and tedious that I cant be bothered to go in there and allocate points anymore anyhow
    Edited by Deter1UK on May 18, 2021 11:11AM
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time doing some propper theorycrafting on the new CP system this PTS, and I just find it way more complicated than the last system with no real reason why it needs to be.

I actually like but but in a way you might not expect.

I play as a tank and the old system always had the issue that i could only be speced towards one role and changing cost gold. The new system works in my favor, i can now have both specs at once and simply switch out active stars. Of yourse it has its down sides, but in that particular case its actually good.

• validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for the most part the feedback is this:

Bad:
    - 2.0 is just more confusing and requires more micromanagement for things that really shouldnt need to be managed

Good:
    - being able to effectively swap CP loadouts is cool
    - the new green tree passives are cool

Shame they couldnt get the 2 good points without a bunch of over-complication on top :(
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on May 18, 2021 3:37PM
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    As a die hard theorycrafter that really wanted to come back to the game, this system honestly feels like its pushing me away. It doesnt want me to play unless I spend hours of my life getting my head around the numbers with a spreadsheet, not to find some new interesting build, but just to find the optimal setups for builds that ive already done the work making.

What theorycrafring the old system offered? Oh yes, put points into everything, get all passives and all effects and done, just plain and dumb powercreep. The new system, while imperfect, allows for far more interesting options and build variantions.

I think the point for me was it didnt really get in the way of theory crafting. It was fairly simple, I could estimate a fairly optimal setup for testing or use a calculator to get the optimal setup.

Other then maybe the ability to swap out the equipable points to swap between builds - which is an inherent benefit to be sure (but could have been done in several less complicated ways). The new system doesnt make the CP system much more than the same calculate-what-adds-the-most-damage but on amuch larger and more complicated scale.
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on May 18, 2021 3:45PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the point for me was it didnt really get in the way of theory crafting. It was fairly simple, I could estimate a fairly optimal setup for testing or use a calculator to get the optimal setup. .

then what you want is not theorycrafting, you want simple options that don't involve much testing/calculation/innovation when making the builds, the exact opposite of what theory crafting is.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    I think the point for me was it didnt really get in the way of theory crafting. It was fairly simple, I could estimate a fairly optimal setup for testing or use a calculator to get the optimal setup. .

then what you want is not theorycrafting, you want simple options that don't involve much testing/calculation/innovation when making the builds, the exact opposite of what theory crafting is.

The point is they replaced something that you solve with a calculator, with something thats more complicated that you still solve with a calculator.

You dont "theorycraft" in this system (1.0 or 2.0), you take a build you have already made, and you calculate the CP best to use to maximise it. The theory crafting is already done before you enter CP, the CP is just the final annoying hurdle that needs to be done before you can propperly test a build, and now that takes way longer and is way harder to do.
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on May 18, 2021 5:17PM
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    Dont call it concept or system.

It is some randomly programmed stuff and leads to heavy NERF of player skills compare t
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care for CP 2.0, and only go into the CP screen to put points into passives in Green Tree. The rest is handled by Caro's Skill and Champion Point saver presets. I gained a couple k DPS though.

Hardest part is remembering to allocate points every couple weeks.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Nice concept, failed execution.

Indeed.

We were promised multiple methods to solve the same problem but instead we got the same stale meta from CP 1.0 pasted inside of a new wrapper.
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for the most part the feedback is this:

Bad:
    - 2.0 is just more confusing and requires more micromanagement for things that really shouldnt need to be managed
    - Absolute horizontal progression is reached when you have enough for 4 slottables. The only benefit is no fee - an underwhelming one-off milestone. After that point you're not actually making any more progress, horizontal or otherwise.