The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guild Bank Lag

• Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Stacking items also lags and freezes me for an extended time.. sometimes even freezes so long I dc.

Xbox 1x
    And
    Series x
    Both NA
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The delay seems to be getting worse or maybe I am just getting so tired of it after over a month.

It's not only when using the bank either. Just switching gear between what I am carrying on my personal inventory causes a long day just like the bank.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS stop the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Everything still freezes on PS4/5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't freeze our consoles, we can close the game, can you not just close your game? Just wondering.
    Serenez wrote: »
    The Guild Bank lag is really bad for me and completely locks up my entire pc solid. For me I wouldn't call it lag as it isn't just a 'slow' issue. It is freezing and then I get disconnected from server from timing out. During the lockup though I cannot do anything on my pc apart from a cold restart.

There are limited times when I can access the guild bank and it is just 'slow' which is at it's most prime operational speed. It is either 'slow' or lockup.

What compounds the guild bank issue is the horrendous micromanagement of the attack of the un stackable style pages which have to either go in a guild bank or guild store.

I spent the majority of my game time yesterday literally trying my hardest to manage these pages while crashing and or having to restart my pc due to the guild bank issues. Many people are clicking 'destroy' which breaks my ESO heart. There are many players out there that do not yet have these pages but there are just too many pages to store.

I do understand that these fixes do take time. I do however wish to please beg, plead at your mercy to please come up with a solution for next year regarding these old style pages. I love the new ones that stack but these old ones are like weeds that keep multiplying and if only we had the space to store them for our guildmates that do not yet have these pages.

I do know the guild bank will be fixed and you are working on it. Might I recommend that prior to launching the fix that maybe a handful of GMs from the different platforms help the devs test the fix on a test server to identify any issues/problems that can be rectified prior to launch on the live?

Since the GMs have been dealing with this issue for some time now, I would presume that some may jump at the chance to help expedite a fix. If you are a GM and dealing with this, would you help volunteer to test out the fix prior to launch?

I use gamepad on PC/NA and would volunteer as a test subject lol. Anything to help resolve and expedite this matter.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter and do understand you are diligently working to resolve this. The past year has not been easy and comes with many challenges that may be left unspoken, that many may not realize or could easily forget/overlook as it isn't affecting them. It is during these times when people can choose to complain or try to offer help or assistance when possible. This content is made for the community to play and enjoy, but at the same time we cannot ignore the unique challenges that no one could have possibly planned for.

Regards,

Serenez

• SmlFrySamuri
    SmlFrySamuri
    ✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    Hey all, just wanted to let you know we're still working on a fix for this issue. Thanks for the reports and info!

Can we have a fix date please, Gina? Two patches have come and gone without a fix for this bug that was known about before the last update, which shouldn't have gone live with such a critical bug.

Game-breaking bugs getting pushed to the live servers is a feature, not a bug. I would rather Flames of Ambition have been delayed to May if need be, than have all this new content to explore but the game barely functioning.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is now happening for me in crafting screens. Y'all need to fix this ASAP (and by ASAP, I mean BEFORE Blackwood releases).
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on April 11, 2021 2:39AM
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't freeze our consoles, we can close the game, can you not just close your game? Just wondering.
    The Guild Bank lag is really bad for me and completely locks up my entire pc solid. For me I wouldn't call it lag as it isn't just a 'slow' issue. It is freezing and then I get disconnected from server from timing out. During the lockup though I cannot do anything on my pc apart from a cold restart.

There are limited times when I can access the guild bank and it is just 'slow' which is at it's most prime operational speed. It is either 'slow' or lockup.

What compounds the guild bank issue is the horrendous micromanagement of the attack of the un stackable style pages which have to either go in a guild bank or guild store.

I spent the majority of my game time yesterday literally trying my hardest to manage these pages while crashing and or having to restart my pc due to the guild bank issues. Many people are clicking 'destroy' which breaks my ESO heart. There are many players out there that do not yet have these pages but there are just too many pages to store.

I do understand that these fixes do take time. I do however wish to please beg, plead at your mercy to please come up with a solution for next year regarding these old style pages. I love the new ones that stack but these old ones are like weeds that keep multiplying and if only we had the space to store them for our guildmates that do not yet have these pages.

I do know the guild bank will be fixed and you are working on it. Might I recommend that prior to launching the fix that maybe a handful of GMs from the different platforms help the devs test the fix on a test server to identify any issues/problems that can be rectified prior to launch on the live?

Since the GMs have been dealing with this issue for some time now, I would presume that some may jump at the chance to help expedite a fix. If you are a GM and dealing with this, would you help volunteer to test out the fix prior to launch?

I use gamepad on PC/NA and would volunteer as a test subject lol. Anything to help resolve and expedite this matter.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter and do understand you are diligently working to resolve this. The past year has not been easy and comes with many challenges that may be left unspoken, that many may not realize or could easily forget/overlook as it isn't affecting them. It is during these times when people can choose to complain or try to offer help or assistance when possible. This content is made for the community to play and enjoy, but at the same time we cannot ignore the unique challenges that no one could have possibly planned for.

Regards,

Serenez

If I am lucky the game unfreezes and allows me to carry on with whatever it was I was doing when it froze in the first place.

There are other times when it simply kicks me back to the log in screen for timing out. Then I can easily close game, log back in etc.

During the lock up/freeze however my PC is absolutely frozen. Cannot open task manager, cannot close out game, when I try to access desktop screen goes black. Discord I can hear people messaging me but I cannot access it. I have to manually hit the restart button.

Although older now 5 yrs old, I would not consider my PC incapable. I have an i7 5820k in an Asus X99 MATX-WS with GTX 1070. with 16 gigs ram, 750w psu. in a Corsair cube air case, with a Noctua CPU cooler. I also keep my video drivers up to date with Geoforce Experience as it tells me when the most current drivers are ready.

There are also times when I cannot launch the task manager but I can right click on my start menu and select shut down or restart the pc that way.

I freeze when splitting/stacking items in my inventory, momentarily lag when learning recipes and eating/drinking food (this one rarely kicks me or freezes me)
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any update on when we can expect the fix?
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had a 10 second freeze trying to re-charge my weapon with a soul gem last night. In the middle of a dungeon, so that was "fun". It's definitely getting worse and is not limited to banks. Anything I do in my inventory, even eating food, causes a several second hang at least.
  • patdedub
    patdedub
    ✭✭
    ESO plus unlocked: crafting materials can be withdrawn and deposited freely: No they can’t get frozen screen when I try
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm now hard-freezing on PS4 NA pretty reliably whenever I enter a guild bank, exit to inventory to do LITERALLY ANYTHING, then attempt to go back into the guild bank.

I mean, sure, no reason why I would want to, say, withdraw items from a guild bank, split or stack said items, then put them back into the guild bank without having to close app and relaunch app every. single. time.

I had to close/relaunch app in Vivic City a minimum of 4 TIMES yesterday within a 10-15 minute span of time after first logging in just trying to do inventory/bank maintenance because the lagging goes into straight-up hard freezing.

Honestly worse than the bugged guild roster at this point, since at least for that I made a spreadsheet of active members as a work-around. I can't make a home-brewed work-around for lag/freezing when I dare touch my inventory and then touch a bank.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we get an update please? The radio silence is very aggravating and is eroding the good rapport established with Matt's post-extended maintenance message.
  • patdedub
    patdedub
    ✭✭
    Had to relog eight times when putting stuff in guild bank frozen screen getting worse
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA still bugged. Freeze when in any bank, freeze when using items from inventory, when swapping gear, etc.

Also still getting very long load screens. Thought this one was fixed or at least improved.
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the freezing is exactly the same on console (game not console freezing). Wonder what they did during maintenance to make everything freeze while eating/reading/repairing/+bank freezing.

Regards,

Serenez

If I am lucky the game unfreezes and allows me to carry on with whatever it was I was doing when it froze in the first place.

There are other times when it simply kicks me back to the log in screen for timing out. Then I can easily close game, log back in etc.

During the lock up/freeze however my PC is absolutely frozen. Cannot open task manager, cannot close out game, when I try to access desktop screen goes black. Discord I can hear people messaging me but I cannot access it. I have to manually hit the restart button.

Although older now 5 yrs old, I would not consider my PC incapable. I have an i7 5820k in an Asus X99 MATX-WS with GTX 1070. with 16 gigs ram, 750w psu. in a Corsair cube air case, with a Noctua CPU cooler. I also keep my video drivers up to date with Geoforce Experience as it tells me when the most current drivers are ready.

There are also times when I cannot launch the task manager but I can right click on my start menu and select shut down or restart the pc that way.

I freeze when splitting/stacking items in my inventory, momentarily lag when learning recipes and eating/drinking food (this one rarely kicks me or freezes me)

• ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the freezing is exactly the same on console (game not console freezing). Wonder what they did during maintenance to make everything freeze while eating/reading/repairing/+bank freezing.

Regards,

Serenez

Amazing

problem since last patch

hours trying to mamage my guild items

YES, I´m a PS4 guild master

other bugs... etc
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to let you know we're still working on a fix for this issue. Thanks for the reports and info!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please solve this asap because I've realized it's even more worse than I initially thought:
    - players can't even stack items from guild bank: once we withdrawn the items and try to stack them on our own bags the game freezes and then crashes.

That ^^^^^ That right there has essentially made the game unplayable. From bank lag to player inventory stacking lag being anything from a few seconds frozen to a complete game crash is absolutely unacceptable. To think y'all let this ride during one of the biggest events of the year where players are collecting a mass quantity of items that they'll need to stack and bank just to continue running. Absolutely pathetic. I would say y'all should be ashamed of yourselves but, I feel it would fall on deaf ears.
    Edited by Android_Archer on April 16, 2021 1:13PM
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I've been playing this game since launch and this is about the most annoying bug I've experienced. Honestly it makes me not even log in - a game that I actually enjoy playing.

This has been a problem for a month and a half now. A month and a half of basically just not being able to use banks. A month of waiting several minutes just to get a couple piece of gear out of our banks and equip it. A month of being given 800000 useless jephrim paladin nonsense that we also have to wait seconds to delete and filling up our banks.

My characters are full, my bank is full, my guild bank is full, my chests are full - that's the game you've created with nonsense limited stacks of items, and some items that don't stack at all (glyphs, master writs of the same kind) so to allow a bug like this to linger for this long is pretty freakin amateur for a company that's been doing this for a LONG time now.
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom will this be fixed in next weeks patch or are you all still working on a fix?
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no fix, feelsbadman. Baking the raiding gear take so long, it drains my soul :'(
  • Sheen
    Sheen
    ✭✭
    This bug is a pain in the a**.
    It should be a priority, I'm so bored waiting for ever when I switch to another guild bank.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won’t be fixed until June 8.
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    It won’t be fixed until June 8.

Oh, on my birthday? Oh ZoS, you shouldn't have...

...waited that long
  • seoulhunter
    seoulhunter
    Soul Shriven
    I don't get why they're not responding. There is a ZERO percent chance multiple team members haven't seen this thread for days and days and days now as we struggle through this game which feels like it was coded by amateurs cause they cant ever figure issues out without a ton of baggage surrounding those issues. sigh!