The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Guild Bank Lag

SammiSakura
SammiSakura
✭✭✭✭
Hi there!
Since the last patch I've noticed that I'm getting exessive amounts of lag in the Guild Bank window. It will freeze up and take at least 3 seconds before anything.

Example. Open Guild Bank > Window Opens > 3 second freeze > change to another Guild > 3 second freeze > change to deposits > 3 second freeze

It's happening at all times of day, on all characters. It's also still happening with addons switched off.
@SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
My Characters!
* Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
* Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
* Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
* Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
* Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
* Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
* Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
* Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
* Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It actually affects all transactions with guild banks, banks, house storage containers, and vendors. It builds up over time getting worse the longer you play. The temporary fix so far is to logout, exit the game and relaunch it.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that on my console sometimes. It won't just be the bank but mail and inventory as well. For me turning my console off may work. Try turning your modem and computer off for 5 minutes and then maybe run a program that cleans ram and registry and shuts down background programs, etc.
    Edited by volkeswagon on March 10, 2021 2:43AM
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get that on my console sometimes. It won't just be the bank but mail and inventory as well. For me turning my console off may work. Try turning your modem and computer off for 5 minutes and then maybe run a program that cleans ram and registry and shuts down background programs, etc.
    It actually affects all transactions with guild banks, banks, house storage containers, and vendors. It builds up over time getting worse the longer you play. The temporary fix so far is to logout, exit the game and relaunch it.

I also tried rebooting the game and my pc, I also have a thing that clears background stuff before I play. But nothing helped, it's only happening with Guild Banks, not my personal, housing etc. It's also as soon as I load in so it's not a timed thing.
    Edited by SammiSakura on March 10, 2021 2:56AM

My Characters!
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's a known issue:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564242/pc-mac-patch-notes-v6-3-5-flames-of-ambition-dlc-update-29#latest
    ...you may run into some increased load times for certain operations in banks with high item counts. We’re working on a fix for an upcoming incremental patch.....
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564242/pc-mac-patch-notes-v6-3-5-flames-of-ambition-dlc-update-29#latest
    ...you may run into some increased load times for certain operations in banks with high item counts. We’re working on a fix for an upcoming incremental patch.....

Whey! I must have missed that when I read the patch notes!
    It might still be of note that its less of a load time, and more an entire game freeze, and is also happening in all Guild Banks, even those under half capacity.

The mystery solved! Thanks @Souterain !

My Characters!
  • SownRose
    SownRose
    ✭✭✭
    I visited with a guildie tonight that seemed to have a background in IT. He said it seems like the servers are leaking info. They have to scan our inventory multiple times to read it. I didn't understand all of it, but he's glad to see MS take over and get them some decent servers hopefully.
    Elewyn Starsong since TES3 Morrowind.
    Old Lady Gamer Girl
    "I'm not a Boomer, I'm GenX. Get it right! We gave you computers,
    Video games & the X games. You're welcome!"
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On PC this lag sort has diminished a lot since last patch.
    On console it's still overwhelming: freezes (micro and macro) happen essentially at bankers (personnal/guild) and merchants.
    It's worse if you withdraw items (over 3 seconds in freeze mode)
    The longest freezes occurs while using crown repair crates, it's well over 20 seconds in freeze mode - The 1st time it happened I thought the game had crashed.

@ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_GinaBruno Consoles really need this fixed
    Edited by redlink1979 on March 27, 2021 9:06PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC this lag sort has diminished a lot since last patch.
    I don't know about that, I'm still getting it constantly, no improvements seen.
    It's worse if you withdraw items (over 3 seconds in freeze mode)
    This sounds exactly the same as what I'm experiencing tbh

My Characters!
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »

I'm a hoarder with large inventories, both in the bank and on my characters, so this bug is really hitting me hard. Today it was taking 20 seconds to withdraw a single item from my bank. Xbox NA.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • karliahquinn
    karliahquinn
    ✭✭✭
    This lag also causes me to crash half the time
  • SownRose
    SownRose
    ✭✭✭
    Idk if it's associated with this, but I lost slots in my trading guild on Xbox na. I went from 30 to 25. I traveled to the bank in Dhalmora and they were back. So weird. Anyone else has this happen. Also thought I lost a bunch of mail. If I clicked on it, it said I had 76, of I wasn't on that item it said I had 4 😮
    Elewyn Starsong since TES3 Morrowind.
    Old Lady Gamer Girl
    "I'm not a Boomer, I'm GenX. Get it right! We gave you computers,
    Video games & the X games. You're welcome!"
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    This lag isn't limited to banks or storage of any kind. It's also affecting players ability to swap between armor/weapon set items in the characters inventory. I typically carry 3 different armor/weapon sets on a single character and swap them around as different situations demand.

Because of this newly introduced lag, it now takes me anywhere from 1 to 3 secs (timed) to swap out each individual piece through the inventory interface. Making gear changes in trails a real PITA and time sink. I've confirmed this issue is not only affecting myself but, many other persons in my various guilds.

I swear, the more they "patch", the more they break.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just wanted to let you know we're still working on a fix for this issue. Thanks for the reports and info!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to let you know we're still working on a fix for this issue. Thanks for the reports and info!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please solve this asap because I've realized it's even more worse than I initially thought:
    - players can't even stack items from guild bank: once we withdrawn the items and try to stack them on our own bags the game freezes and then crashes.
    - also, the use of crown repair kits when gear pieces are totally depleted causes an initial prolonged freeze. It might lead to a game crash depending on how long the game has been running. (the longer the game is running, higher are the chances of crashing in this situation).
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • midnighttechie
    Is this lag ever going to be fixed? It's happening everywhere no matter what I am doing.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So, no fix after over a month. Got it. Would care if I could play but you know PlayStation and all.
  • patdedub
    patdedub
    ✭✭
    Bank bugged still stuck on screen have to relog 24 hour maintenance and still broken
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭

Well, since ps4 is back up today, and there is no noticable change..I guess the extended maintenance yesterday was not for this issue?
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, since ps4 is back up today, and there is no noticable change..I guess the extended maintenance yesterday was not for this issue?

Considering it was never listed in any of the platforms' patch notes for yesterday, why would you assume it was?
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭

Considering it was never listed in any of the platforms' patch notes for yesterday, why would you assume it was?

I wasn't assuming, I was hopeful since they were fixing a hitching problem that maybe the banking issue would have been fixed with it...since it is all lag anyway.
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭
    ....and believe me, I wasn't the only one.
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    The Guild Bank lag is really bad for me and completely locks up my entire pc solid. For me I wouldn't call it lag as it isn't just a 'slow' issue. It is freezing and then I get disconnected from server from timing out. During the lockup though I cannot do anything on my pc apart from a cold restart.

There are limited times when I can access the guild bank and it is just 'slow' which is at it's most prime operational speed. It is either 'slow' or lockup.

What compounds the guild bank issue is the horrendous micromanagement of the attack of the un stackable style pages which have to either go in a guild bank or guild store.

I spent the majority of my game time yesterday literally trying my hardest to manage these pages while crashing and or having to restart my pc due to the guild bank issues. Many people are clicking 'destroy' which breaks my ESO heart. There are many players out there that do not yet have these pages but there are just too many pages to store.

I do understand that these fixes do take time. I do however wish to please beg, plead at your mercy to please come up with a solution for next year regarding these old style pages. I love the new ones that stack but these old ones are like weeds that keep multiplying and if only we had the space to store them for our guildmates that do not yet have these pages.

I do know the guild bank will be fixed and you are working on it. Might I recommend that prior to launching the fix that maybe a handful of GMs from the different platforms help the devs test the fix on a test server to identify any issues/problems that can be rectified prior to launch on the live?

Since the GMs have been dealing with this issue for some time now, I would presume that some may jump at the chance to help expedite a fix. If you are a GM and dealing with this, would you help volunteer to test out the fix prior to launch?

I use gamepad on PC/NA and would volunteer as a test subject lol. Anything to help resolve and expedite this matter.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter and do understand you are diligently working to resolve this. The past year has not been easy and comes with many challenges that may be left unspoken, that many may not realize or could easily forget/overlook as it isn't affecting them. It is during these times when people can choose to complain or try to offer help or assistance when possible. This content is made for the community to play and enjoy, but at the same time we cannot ignore the unique challenges that no one could have possibly planned for.

Regards,

Serenez
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its like we are looking into.
    7 years later we are looking into.
    Take your time no worries.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for confirming! It'd be really helpful if you and your CM team maintained a list of bugs we're reporting each of these releases and sticky it on the general forums. We'd like a status of the items as they progress - if they're progressing - so that we know our voices are being heard and the game is being improved on. It's appreciated when you do this for major releases and patches, so it sounds like there's a template to start from.

Clear concise communication back to us helps curb toxicity and unnecessary forum posts. We all want to know these pesky issues are being looked at and there's some plan to address it beyond "we're looking at it". I trust as a professional you can see what I'm saying.
    Edited by Destai on April 7, 2021 3:16PM
  • Serenez
    Serenez
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot speak for the experience of others with the guild bank, but I can say that I personally have not had this issue (to this extent) for multiple years,. This issue has just occurred most recently for me.

On two platforms Xbox and PC I can say in my previous experience, there has been a historical 'delay' which I wouldn't call lag. It is a 'waiting on previous request' issue. Although annoying when you are in a hurry it is a completely manageable delay. No locking, no freezing .. just a please wait before depositing or withdrawing items.

What is happening just most recently since the dlc update has been lag/freezing/crashing when switching guild banks, when stacking items in personal inventory etc. which appears to be a different issue entirely. It appeared approximately same time as the guild roster issue.

We have been advised it is being worked on so I do appreciate the communication and looking forward to future updates on it :)

I also do agree that a bug list is a great idea. For the Sims 4 for instance they have a community member merge, manage and test certain bugs posted on the forum, and directly communicates with the devs to work on resolutions. Then the community member will maintain the list with what the issue is, what status it is, if it needs more information etc. It is all merged into one master list. People upload screenshots, saved game files etc. on request to this member and they try to re create the issue to confirm the bug and to help identify it before sending it off to the Devs.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we have a fix date please, Gina? Two patches have come and gone without a fix for this bug that was known about before the last update, which shouldn't have gone live with such a critical bug.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This lag isn't limited to banks or storage of any kind. It's also affecting players ability to swap between armor/weapon set items in the characters inventory.

Yup. I usually slot my Wild Hunt Ring to run places fast, then switch back to my set ring when I get to my delve/dolmen/whatever. The lag is awful - I counted 20 seconds today...

Bank lag and merchant lag is also terrible. I'm on PC but use gamepad.
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not just PC- xbox one x and xbox series X are both lagging while using bank & guild bank on NA.

Also while learning recipes... so slow
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I thought it was just my internet connection that is causing the freeze every time I opened the bank and often this is followed right away by a disconnection. Well, it is at least good to know that it is not just me experiencing this.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming it's related but I get a lot of lag when trying to stack items in my inventory that I've withdrawn from the guild bank. Sometimes it freezes so long I get disconnected from the server (maybe due to the large number of items I've withdrawn that need stacking).
    (PS4 NA)
    Edited by disintegr8 on April 9, 2021 2:08AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.