The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Explorers event double exp not working?

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As of this morning, it does not appear that the double exp from the explorers event is affecting brp or skyreach.

Could we get a zos comment on this? I know that a ton of players got excited for a chance to gain some more CP before the next patch launches, would be a shame if we can't use the most effective grind spots during this weekend's event..
Edited by Psiion on March 18, 2022 1:24AM
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they aren't going to turn it on, they could at least advertise it as +1000% placebo xp. That way I could be even more excited for things I'm not actually getting.
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    The double loot for zone dailies is active but not the exp.

This event is specifically catered to those that want to level up baby toons. Hop on a baby toon and do each unduanted/normal/dlc dungeon quests. It seems like you get a guaranteed level everytime you complete a dungeon quest you haven’t done before in your baby toon.

Those who have emotional trauma from dungeon finder, just do zone and main story quests. Aldmeri faction has the fastest and less complicated zone quests anyway.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePianist wrote: »

This event is specifically catered to those that want to level up baby toons. Hop on a baby toon and do each unduanted/normal/dlc dungeon quests. It seems like you get a guaranteed level everytime you complete a dungeon quest you haven’t done before in your baby toon.

Those who have emotional trauma from dungeon finder, just do zone and main story quests. Aldmeri faction has the fastest and less complicated zone quests anyway.

All the event article page says is "Double EXP from every source", so hopefully this is just a bug and they address it. Sounds like there are other things that are not giving double exp apart from instances, so I would bet that it is indeed a bug.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ThePianist
    ThePianist
    ✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

All the event article page says is "Double EXP from every source", so hopefully this is just a bug and they address it. Sounds like there are other things that are not giving double exp apart from instances, so I would bet that it is indeed a bug.

“ EXPLORE & QUEST”- every source related to that...skyreach humping is not one of them unfortunately...
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

“ EXPLORE & QUEST”- every source related to that...skyreach humping is not one of them unfortunately...

What do you have against grinding skyreach? Just curious. Also, where below does it specify that SR/nBRP are not included in this? This is word for word what the article states.

"You can enjoy double exp, bonus resource node drops, and double gold earned in any zone in tamriel during the Explorer's celebration - now live!

Now live and running until Thursday, may 20th at 10am EDT, the limited time Explorer's celebration brings additional rewards for the following in-game activities:

*increase yield from harvest nodes (not fishing!)
    *Double xp gains from every source
    *This stacks with other xp boosts such
    as scrolls or group multipliers.
    *Double gold from monster kills, quest rewards, and similar sources

These bonuses are available to all players in any zone in tamriel."
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    We appreciate all of your reports folks, we are currently investigating. Thank you for your patience here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

If you could please provide the following information we would greatly appreciate it:
    • Server/platform
    • Character name(s)
    • What content you are doing and where
    • Are you getting resource node drops and/or double gold?
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

If you could please provide the following information we would greatly appreciate it:
    • Server/platform
    • Character name(s)
    • What content you are doing and where
    • Are you getting resource node drops and/or double gold?

PC/NA

New Server New Me (@ReactSlower

Doing normal black rose prison, murkmire
    Also doing skyreach catacombs, craglorn

Did not check gold or resource drops, just confirmed I was not receiving 2x xp.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oooooh good thing i saw this thread, i only skim read articles for dates and just assumed it didnt start until May 20th lol
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did a few Master Writs and no xp bonuses--

GT Juwelz9
    Character: Ylandra Silverthorn
    What: Master Clothing Writ
    Where: Mournhold, Xbox NA
    When: About 11:29am PDT
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    We have run tests on all of the use-cases reported in this thread, on the live server, and we are getting the expected XP boost in all cases.

What amount of XP are you getting in-game for the activity that you think isn't giving you bonus XP, and what amount of XP do you think you should be getting?
    Staff Post
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA

Skyreach XP Grind with my nephew

We are both getting Double XP
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have run tests on all of the use-cases reported in this thread, on the live server, and we are getting the expected XP boost in all cases.

What amount of XP are you getting in-game for the activity that you think isn't giving you bonus XP, and what amount of XP do you think you should be getting?

Thank you for taking the time to investigate this instead of ignoring us.
  • MythrialDrow
    MythrialDrow
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 eu I’m handing in master writs with 150% scroll and it’s working for me at the moment
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just logged in about one hour ago, there was an ad to join the event on announcements that opened the crown store. I searched on crown store for something related with the event but didn't find anything. I decided to ask on guilds but no one knows how to start the event. A few players thought that it was automatic. On my characters "active effects" there's nothing related to the double XP. Meanwhile I tried a lot of ways to get XP, including random dungeons and I'm perfectly sure that the double XP is not active in any of my characters.

Clearly there's something missing on crown store that we should pick to activate it.

I'm on PC EU. With no event active.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry to inform but double XP is not working on dungeons. At least on PC EU.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is absolutely crazy! I just finished another random dungeon and only one player got double XP.

Why? How does it work? What should I do to get the double XP?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you explain that in the same random dungeon only one player gets double xp?

The crazy thing is that not even the one who gets the double knows how it happens.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    This is absolutely crazy! I just finished another random dungeon and only one player got double XP.

Why? How does it work? What should I do to get the double XP?
    What did you expect to get and what did you get?

Note that the Daily bonus random dungeon/battlegrounds rewards has the listed double XP built in.

I've had no issues with writs, random dungeons or random battleground.
    lr1d1nws3tfg.png
    The 202,094 is already double the usual 101,047
    Edited by PeacefulAnarchy on May 14, 2021 2:03AM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just logged in about one hour ago, there was an ad to join the event on announcements that opened the crown store. I searched on crown store for something related with the event but didn't find anything. I decided to ask on guilds but no one knows how to start the event. A few players thought that it was automatic. On my characters "active effects" there's nothing related to the double XP. Meanwhile I tried a lot of ways to get XP, including random dungeons and I'm perfectly sure that the double XP is not active in any of my characters.

Clearly there's something missing on crown store that we should pick to activate it.

I'm on PC EU. With no event active.

You don't activate it, it isn't that sort of event. The extra gold/xp/node drops are given automatically.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 NA
    Didn’t get double on zombies new docks in sentinel alikr..I run there while I wait for daily random queue..got my daily random had double xp and my scroll in full effect ..dungeon returned me there to docks didn’t have double again only the the scroll benefit.
    So other than zombie grinds double do worked with everything else I did all 7 of my characters I played with.

Usually per stack at that level I get 6-8k
    I was getting 11k so for sure scroll was in effect.
    Edited by notachik on May 14, 2021 1:05PM
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    Are you telling me I wasted millions of gold on writs only to not get the extra xp? I never grind so I don’t know what xp I’m supposed to get from writs at cp900. Think it was showing me 50-60k per writ
  • notachik
    notachik
    ✭✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »
    Are you telling me I wasted millions of gold on writs only to not get the extra xp? I never grind so I don’t know what xp I’m supposed to get from writs at cp900. Think it was showing me 50-60k per writ

Sounds about right I was getting 44k for my writs regardless of rarity
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »

That's the appropriate amount.

For the Enchanting/Provision/Alchemy master writs, with double XP and 150% pot you should be getting around 40K XP per. And for the other master writs, with the same buffs, you should be getting around 60K XP per master writ.

This was all working fine for me last night and this morning.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am getting 1571 on all 7 crafts reg craft writs. i am lev 1612; crafting level on her varies. i am eso plus, but no other xp buffs running and no rings, etc. i dont know what base is. i have one running a scroll and i will try to remember to take her numbers tomorrow.
    Edited by Iarao on May 14, 2021 7:48PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im getting the bonus on daily random dungeons but not on crafting daily writs or turning in master writs.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I was able to get double xp on dungeons finally! :) but I'm still not getting double xp on daily writs, too.

I didn't test master writs yet, but I'm going to wait for more news on this. Maybe it'll get fixed tomorrow.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iarao wrote: »
    i am getting 1571 on all 7 crafts reg craft writs. i am lev 1612; crafting level on her varies. i am eso plus, but no other xp buffs running and no rings, etc. i dont know what base is. i have one running a scroll and i will try to remember to take her numbers tomorrow.

1571 is the 748.5 XP base for a daily crafting writ at level 50 (CP irrelevant) times 2.1 (210%), representing the 100% original value, the 100% bonus from the event, and the 10% bonus from ESO+.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 15, 2021 4:14PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you explain that in the same random dungeon only one player gets double xp?

The crazy thing is that not even the one who gets the double knows how it happens.

Is it possible that the boost from Enlightenment is causing some confusion?

I was comparing XP from killing overland mobs on the PTS and the PC EU server to verify whether or not I was getting double XP, and was confused because the numbers weren't doubled as expected; rather, they were roughly x1.9 on my L50 main and roughly x1.75 on my sub-L50 alts-- for example:

L50/CP900+ -- Kill a Mudcrab on PTS = 88 XP -- Kill a Mudcrab on PC EU = 168 XP (x1.909090~90)
    L28 -- Kill a Mudcrab on PTS = 8 XP -- Kill a Mudcrab on PC EU = 14 XP (x1.75)

In trying to figure out the numbers I came to realize that PTS is showing x1.1 because I've got ESO Plus, whereas PC EU is showing x2.1 because the base XP is doubled for the event, THEN the 10% bonus for ESO Plus is added.

Except while reading up about XP and leveling in the UESP Wiki pages, I also realized that the XP for my L50/CP900+ main is actually quadrupled due to Enlightenment:

Normal XP for Mudcrab = 20 XP (I think; can anyone verify?)
    XP for Mudcrab while Enlightenment is active = 4 x 20 = 80 XP
    XP boost for event = 80 XP
    XP boost for ESO Plus = 8 XP
    Total XP for Mudcrab while Enlightenment is active = 80 + 80 + 8 = 168 XP

If the XP takes you beyond your daily pool of Enlightenment, your boosted XP might look wacko because part of it might be quadrupled, then doubled for the event, then boosted by other things (Ring of Mara, being grouped, killing mobs in overland Cyrodiil, using an XP scroll or food/drink, having ESO Plus, etc.)-- but then the remaining XP that exceeded your daily pool of Enlightenment will NOT be quadrupled before being boosted by other things. Consequently, the XP you get for something might be different than the XP another player at your level gets for the same thing, even though all other modifying factors besides Enlightenment are exactly the same.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok had to wait for enlightenment to end. i got 1945 using a 50% xp scroll for writ turn in. with no scroll, i got 1571. this includes eso plus. ok i double checked her crafting levels. all are 50 except alchemy, which is 49. but i am reasonably certain that when i turned in the alchemy, i was still running enlightenment and so was waiting until it was gone to take the numbers. but i can't calculate stuff like @virtus753 does.

and i am pcna.

edited to correct jewelry to alchemy.
    Edited by Iarao on May 16, 2021 4:20PM
This discussion has been closed.