Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Enjoy Bonus XP, Gold, and Drops During the Explorer’s Celebration"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
sdd3080o8kwa.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Enjoy Bonus XP, Gold, and Drops During the Return of the Explorer’s Celebration"

You can enjoy double XP, bonus resource node drops, and double gold earned in any zone in Tamriel during the Explorer’s Celebration—now live!
Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on May 19, 2021 6:05PM
Staff Post
  • Dionan
    Dionan
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm....what do you mean in the title by "Drops"? Is that referring to harvest nodes? Also, would love a doubling of Tel Var :)
  • alcoraptor
    alcoraptor
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of fixing the game rather than trying to pacify us with yet another event?
    Praise Vivec! You were there to stop Alexandra Conele from capturing the coral heart!
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dionan wrote: »
    Hmm....what do you mean in the title by "Drops"? Is that referring to harvest nodes? Also, would love a doubling of Tel Var :)

Yup, that is referring to the harvest nodes!
    Staff Post
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    Mass Effect Legendary Edition Launches Tonight
    This seems really sus lol
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I won't have to wait until October for the next Double XP event to do all of the Master Writs I've collected since the last event.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XP from BG count as well?
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thank you! :smile:
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno

Double EXP does not appear to be working in BRP or skyreach, can you confirm that it is or is not supposed to affect these instances? I know a ton of us would really like to grind that CP up for the upcoming patch...
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for clarification:

There are no event tickets during this event ?

Edit:
    "Note that the Explorer’s Celebration doesn’t grant Event Tickets and doesn’t have its own unique quests, Achievements, or collectibles associated with it. Additionally, the Impresario isn’t available during this limited period. "

It seems there are none, ok. And tbh I like it more. No feeling that I HAVE to login and I HAVE TO do "work" each day ;)
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 13, 2021 5:02PM
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    This event is really great. Double XP really works!

However, it would be awesome to see an active buff on the character sheet.
    Yet, you can see it in the experience numbers and how fast your skills are leveling.

Overall:

8/10 for the event.
    9/10 if active buff was added.

Thanks again for the event,

-theshockcabletv
    Edited by eternalshockcable on May 13, 2021 5:52PM
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta ask because it is normally mentioned: Does the increased drops apply to drops from completing crafting surveys?
    Edited by glak on May 13, 2021 11:14PM
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooo! This kind of event again! I love this kind of event! *wags tail* SQUEE!!!

*frolicks around picking wood, mining flowers and chopping platinums* ALL THE MATS *foams at the mouth*
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XP from BG count as well?

Yes
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my favorite event. It's simple but enjoyable without having to worry about farming
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad event, but it feels a bit repetitive to me. Double gold, double nodes, double XP/AP, and this is it, in one zone (DLC/chapter event) or in all zones. What about double damage event? What about double healing received event? What about "astrologers proclaim week of Mehrunes Dagon, all player character fire based attacks have 100% burning chance"? PvP excluded, but PvP is already excluded with XP and PvE is already excluded with AP, so nothing new here. After all, what about double quadruple lead / furnishing plan / painting chance to get from all sources event?
    Edited by Olauron on May 16, 2021 1:26PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Not a bad event, but it feels a bit repetitive to me. Double gold, double nodes, double XP/AP, and this is it, in one zone (DLC/chapter event) or in all zones. What about double damage event? What about double healing received event? What about "astrologers proclaim week of Mehrunes Dagon, all player character fire based attacks have 100% burning chance"? PvP excluded, but PvP is already excluded with XP and PvE is already excluded with AP, so nothing new here. After all, what about double quadruple lead / furnishing plan / painting chance to get from all sources event?

My Dunmer MagDK perks up. :smiley:

It is a bit repetitive, but at least this one was planned, as opposed to "Oops, it's a bug that we can't fix just yet, so here, have an event until the fix is in" like the last explorer's event was.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 16, 2021 1:43PM
  • SownRose
    SownRose
    ✭✭✭
    What about "astrologers proclaim week of Mehrunes Dagon, all player character fire based attacks have 100% burning chance"? PvP excluded, but PvP is already excluded with XP and PvE is already excluded with AP, so nothing new here. After all, what about double quadruple lead / furnishing plan / painting chance to get from all sources event?

Ooooh! I'd love an event like that! Something different and quirky! That's what BethSoft used to be known for. I can actually picture all the dk's talking over 🤔🤣
    Elewyn Starsong since TES3 Morrowind.
    Old Lady Gamer Girl
    "I'm not a Boomer, I'm GenX. Get it right! We gave you computers,
    Video games & the X games. You're welcome!"
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about double damage event?
    What about double healing received event?
    What about "astrologers proclaim week of Mehrunes Dagon, all player character fire based attacks have 100% burning chance"?

I love these!

How about a "bait and bugs" event where there are double guts, insect parts, spider eggs, and increased chances for weird things to drop from unusual (but slightly justifiable) places:
    -an "inert egg" from one of those little snakes that you see in zone OR one of the random big spiders
    -a "second skin" from any snake-monster or critter
    -a "multifaceted eye" from any insect monster (Craglorn wasps, I'm looking at you)
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis