The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to Swap to STeam

Barrakick
Barrakick
Soul Shriven
Hello there, can someone guide me step by step on how to can i swap from using the game from the normal auto patcher, to steam one?
I still have not bought the game on steam, but i will since getting the game+ESOPlus there its R$100 for me(the 1 year pack+blackwood).
I do want to play with the account i'm already using, but trought steam.
In advance in case someone ask if its really viable, here are the mats...
I own ONLY graymore atm, and for me to put ESOPlus for a year will cost me R$840!! and for steam(since i dont own the game i need buy the game anyway) Blackwood+EsoPlus = R$ 777
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on May 13, 2021 12:48PM
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many, many years ago I just bought again the base game on Steam (I had to create a new account), downloaded and installed it, but then simply logged in with my previous account (because I had the Imperial Edition and some progress there). I don't know if it still works like this, you should double-check with support.
  • Barrakick
    Barrakick
    Soul Shriven
    wheresbes wrote: »
    Many, many years ago I just bought again the base game on Steam (I had to create a new account), downloaded and installed it, but then simply logged in with my previous account (because I had the Imperial Edition and some progress there). I don't know if it still works like this, you should double-check with support.

Oh so it might be simple, gotta be sure, cause some games just dont allow you to log in(it auto logs steam account(EX:dofus))
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barrakick wrote: »
    Oh so it might be simple, gotta be sure, cause some games just dont allow you to log in(it auto logs steam account(EX:dofus))

Yeah, I don't know if something changed, so it would be best to contact support directly so that you're 100% sure.
  • Barrakick
    Barrakick
    Soul Shriven

... it would be best to contact support directly so that you're 100% sure.

the problem is that the support also is not sure, i've contacted them when steam had ESO on sale, and they said it was not possible to play my account at steam, and later after i' linked a post that someone said it was possible, they told that it was really possible.
    so i have no way to confirm this X_X
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    the problem is that the support also is not sure, i've contacted them when steam had ESO on sale, and they said it was not possible to play my account at steam, and later after i' linked a post that someone said it was possible, they told that it was really possible.

Did you contact Steam support? I was suggesting to contact ES support https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/

I would give it a try but there's no way I can download and install ESO on my laptop, unfortunately.

Hopefully, someone else will pitch in. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you help, please?
  • Barrakick
    Barrakick
    Soul Shriven

Did you contact Steam support? I was suggesting to contact ES support https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ ...

... Hopefully, someone else will pitch in. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you help, please?

yep, it was trought there that i contacted the support.
    i do belive that no side will help me bacause as [Z] Had stated, "we are not steam" and steam "we are not [Z]" the famous hot potato situation.
    Its kinda sad, because i'm having less and less time to play and when i do, i usually have to keep organizing inventory, expand mules characters before start something.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Barrakick

If your version of The Elder Scrolls Online was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.

If you purchase a new copy of the game on the Steam platform, you will be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account with these steps.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Barrakick
    Barrakick
    Soul Shriven
    Greetings @Barrakick

If your version of The Elder Scrolls Online was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.

If you purchase a new copy of the game on the Steam platform, you will be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account with these steps.

Thanks.

so its pretty simple thing to do, thats good news.
    Also thanks to: wheresbes