Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do people Xvs1 so eagerly?

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
It happened to everyone to being zerged down by a group of players, but why people tryhard that badly to kill solo players?

I understand somehow pve telvar farmers in Imperial City even tho they kill you nonstop even if you carry 0 telvars.

But I find also good and decent players in pvp gear who tryhard from 2vs1 till 10vs1, why?

Do you get like 100k gold per kill?

And the funny thing all those guys usually are toxic teabagger and when you find them alone 1vs1 (in the rare cases) they die in one single combo even tho they are 2star, 4 star or 5star pvp players with years of gaming experience.

When I see a 1vs1 I never outnumber it, I just leave it be, I only zerg down who zerged down me before, but that's probably just me.

Some people just born and die zerglings.

Curious of your thoughts as well.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo players that chase our group members and try to pick off the back line after we rode past them, leaving them alone, should not complain when we turn the group around to Xv1 them just to get back on track with what we were doing.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look, I solo Cyrodiil too, and I get it. Being killed outnumbered is tough. But if you go looking for a fight, you shouldn't complain when you bite off more than you can chew, or get upset at people who don't really understand the increasingly complex solo Cyrodiil 'etiquette'. I mean, I've gotten some nasty messages before for turning a 1v3 into a 2v3 from the 3 side. Some things just don't make much sense, nor do they have to. At the end of the day, we all just like mashing buttons and killing each other on a video game.
    Edited by Rahar on May 7, 2021 7:12PM
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well of course there's just the "Oooh shiny, must kill" mentality many people in Cyro have. And a lead can't control all of their members.

Then there's the times we do ignore solo players but they decide going up against 12 people by themselves on a squishy magblade is a wise tactical decision.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think It's mostly disorganised groups of solo players that does this.
    It's like when you turn off your brain and just surf along with a zerg. Zombie mode.
    It's great hangover entertainment, so naturally nothing wrong with it.

Being in an organised group is about having a specific objective and one solo player will mostly be ignored because it's a waste of time.
    PS | EU
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well way back when there were no Camps, you could let the survivors of a field or keep fight slink back to their territory without any problem, if anything letting them walk back was beneficial to you.

Now a days if anyone runs away from a loosing fight you have to hunt them down or else you deal with the group you just fought immediately.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • xv1_me
    xv1_me
    ✭✭✭
    im here because i crashed 2 min into cyrodil and lost lobby connection 3 times and now it says im already logged in..50 queue again? prob
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because during double ap, killing a player (even with several group mates) rewards a sizable AP reward for what usually is only a few seconds of time.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when players walk by 1v1s in cyrodil. Look, the faster you help me kill this guy the faster we can move on to killing other players. Nothing more annoying in Cyrodil than being stuck in a stalemate fight because fellow alliance players run past out of some dumb notion of respecting a 1v1.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 alliances are quite literally at war with each other in Cyrodiil

Why would you expect anything less than an attack?
    confused24.gif

• Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I hate when players walk by 1v1s in cyrodil. Look, the faster you help me kill this guy the faster we can move on to killing other players. Nothing more annoying in Cyrodil than being stuck in a stalemate fight because fellow alliance players run past out of some dumb notion of respecting a 1v1.

So much this.
    Take that 1v1 to your nearest dueling zone pls, I'm off to take your keep.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's out of a keep, it's usually players that you've probably killed, but would struggle to kill you 1v1.

I know everyone is saying it's pvp, and it is, but even so, is it really worth 10 people chasing one person around a tower for a rock or 5 minutes? Like, you're not maximising your presence in pvp. You could go get something under siege.

Unless it's someone that zergs me down, I leave them to the potatoes to chase around.

My favourite people are the ones that don't attack you until at least 3 or 4 of them are there.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    If you attack one player in a group then the others want to protect him because they of course dont want that you kill one after the other.

But many Zergs will also hunt you until you are deadif they only see you at 50 metre range and you dont attack them but immediately ride/run away.

Probably they have the feeling that they dont win enaugh fights so they will take every chance they have.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I know everyone is saying it's pvp, and it is, but even so, is it really worth 10 people chasing one person around a tower or a rock or 5 minutes? Like, you're not maximising your presence in pvp. You could go get something under siege.
    Oh, nononono, no. Don't do that, you'll *** them off. That makes you look like a 1vX'er who farms groups of potatos. They'll take it as a challenge.

You'll be more likely to have them give up pursuit if you run/ride/bolt away from the battle in a straight line.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    If you attack one player in a group then the others want to protect him because they of course dont want that you kill one after the other.

But many Zergs will also hunt you until you are deadif they only see you at 50 metre range and you dont attack them but immediately ride/run away.

Probably they have the feeling that they dont win enaugh fights so they will take every chance they have.

Hunting down a single player isn't tactically wrong though. All it takes is one player to slip away and put up a camp and res a whole team.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a fly keeps biting the bull, sooner or later, that fly gets swatted. Those solo players that follow groups and keep on pew pew at given opportunities can't complain when they get stomped.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    If you attack them they will of course attack back as a group. But if you only come anywhere near them and know that you have no chance because they are too many and decide to ride away many of the zergs will still follow you threw half cyrodiil to kill you
    Edited by Iriidius on July 17, 2021 10:28AM
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you attack them they will of course attack back as a group. But if you only come anywhere near them and know that you have no chance because they are too many and devide to ride away many of the zergs will still follow you threw half cyrodiil to kill you

But why? I had a 10 man group in Imperial City chasing me for 5 straight minutes to kill me.
    Then they started whisper me I am an useless noob and even more toxic whispers and they are there farming telvars.

So why the hell chase a solo guy 5 freaking minutes and don't go farm boss instead, not to mention I carry always 0 telvars and them knowing still eagerly chased me anyway.

I just don't get this behaviour to be honest, maybe it's just no-brainer sheep mentality of zergs, if one attacks you, everyone do it because why not, while instead it's a waste of time.

If you log into the game to chase down and kill solo players and that's all you do, you got some problem mate, at least imho.
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    War! War never changes.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    It happened to everyone to being zerged down by a group of players, but why people tryhard that badly to kill solo players?

I understand somehow pve telvar farmers in Imperial City even tho they kill you nonstop even if you carry 0 telvars.

But I find also good and decent players in pvp gear who tryhard from 2vs1 till 10vs1, why?

Do you get like 100k gold per kill?

And the funny thing all those guys usually are toxic teabagger and when you find them alone 1vs1 (in the rare cases) they die in one single combo even tho they are 2star, 4 star or 5star pvp players with years of gaming experience.

When I see a 1vs1 I never outnumber it, I just leave it be, I only zerg down who zerged down me before, but that's probably just me.

Some people just born and die zerglings.

Curious of your thoughts as well.

Solo players pick off players in the back of a zerg, solo players gank unsuspecting players near keeps and farms, solo players scout enemy strength, solo players follow zergs into castles and hide then cause trouble later within the keep walls, solo players steal resources when zergs move away, etc, etc.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apes together strong.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually play solo in Cyrodiil. I don't mind being killed by 1 v 10, 1 v 1, 10 v 1, 10 v 10, etc. as I know it's open world and it's a freaking WAR!

Don't expect people always do 1 v 1 in a WAR.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    If you attack them they will of course attack back as a group. But if you only come anywhere near them and know that you have no chance because they are too many and devide to ride away many of the zergs will still follow you threw half cyrodiil to kill you

But why? I had a 10 man group in Imperial City chasing me for 5 straight minutes to kill me.
    Then they started whisper me I am an useless noob and even more toxic whispers and they are there farming telvars.

There was nothing wrong that a group chased you in a open world multi-player PvP zone.

The problem is the toxic whispers. You can make screen shots and report them.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, PvP isn't really competitive. It isn't balanced, and it isn't fair in the slightest.

That said, Cyrodiil is a place of war, not the Colosseum. Different people have different codes they play by.

Also if you are using or playing what 99.99 percent of players consider cheese, like those unkillable stam build pushing damage that can't kill anyone using the same build, but has a massive advantage over everyone else because the game is unabalanced, then expect to attract an army.

You might not consider being mowed down by an army fair, but that army likely doesn't consider your build fair either.
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is a war... not a duel zone. A solo player can potentially res his allies, set up a camp etc.
    Edited by Mr_Gallows on May 11, 2021 4:33AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

But... But.... You were winning and I enjoyed watching! Okay fiiiiiiine..... Fossilizes the dude and ult drops
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically if you have a large group, a lot of the solo and small man you run past and ignore, start going after the players in the back, knowing they are looking for weak players to kill then speed away. Best to just kill them when they can't pick their targets.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people argue its because of people who like to gank the back of a siege line or troll, however there's more layers to the xv1ing than just that. Some large groups will just chase people they see on sight, they might not even be doing anything or anywhere near an enemy objective but groups will just chase after them which I find weird. I was once in a stream of someone playing on EP ( I was on DC) and he wanted to 1v1 me and so I went for it, however there were people trying to hit him with meatbags or snipe him from behind even though we werent near any objective, it was just an open field fight, yet people wanted to go after him. I think it's fair game to x anyone who wants to stop you at an objective but I think it's toxic if they're not near an objective or really doing anything at all and you just chase them down
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Some people argue its because of people who like to gank the back of a siege line or troll, however there's more layers to the xv1ing than just that. Some large groups will just chase people they see on sight, they might not even be doing anything or anywhere near an enemy objective but groups will just chase after them which I find weird. I was once in a stream of someone playing on EP ( I was on DC) and he wanted to 1v1 me and so I went for it, however there were people trying to hit him with meatbags or snipe him from behind even though we werent near any objective, it was just an open field fight, yet people wanted to go after him. I think it's fair game to x anyone who wants to stop you at an objective but I think it's toxic if they're not near an objective or really doing anything at all and you just chase them down

Disagree here. Cyro is AvAvA if they are on the wrong "A" I am going to light them up, or get my butt beat trying. I won't chase them to the ends of the earth, but I will chase them until they are good and gone out of the area. If you want to duel do it in one of the town dueling hubs. Coming to Cyro and expecting a cordial duel to happen isn't really what Cyro is about. I have no time for anyone who comes to a zone like that and thinks it is all about them. There is a war going on, and I don't know that persons intentions post duel. Have to assume the worst, they are my video game enemy.
    Edited by Ranger209 on May 13, 2021 9:15PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

Disagree here. Cyro is AvAvA if they are on the wrong "A" I am going to light them up, or get my butt beat trying. I won't chase them to the ends of the earth, but I will chase them until they are good and gone out of the area. If you want to duel do it in one of the town dueling hubs. Coming to Cyro and expecting a cordial duel to happen isn't really what Cyro is about. I have no time for anyone who comes to a zone like that and thinks it is all about them. There is a war going on, and I don't know that persons intentions post duel. Have to assume the worst, they are my video game enemy.

You're inclined to play how you want, but telling people they can't do something they want is kind of gatekeeping. Just let them have their 1v1, it's not like it's effecting much. It doesn't have to be server zerging 24/7, people can get tired of doing that so I can see why people would want a friendly fight with someone 1v1. Also the town argument is kinda redundant because the towns are usually empty half of the time, and Cyrodiil is the most populated PVP area so naturally people will gravitate to where people are at. It's not like this game has a dueling queue to duel random people, so the next best thing is obviously gonna be a PVP area
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on May 13, 2021 9:42PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

You're inclined to play how you want, but telling people they can't do something they want is kind of gatekeeping. Just let them have their 1v1, it's not like it's effecting much. It doesn't have to be server zerging 24/7, people can get tired of doing that so I can see why people would want a friendly fight with someone 1v1. Also the town argument is kinda redundant because the towns are usually empty half of the time, and Cyrodiil is the most populated PVP area so naturally people will gravitate to where people are at. It's not like this game has a dueling queue to duel random people, so the next best thing is obviously gonna be a PVP area

well stated Duese...ppl sniping, sieging and zerging down obvious 1v1's and solos isn't just "because it's war" it is because some groups just seemingly can't pass up the chance to x somebody down....and the talk of solo players picking people off of the group, well, these are most likely the same people getting picked off that were spamming aoes as 12 ppl showed their might and bested that solo player earlier. ...1v1s have been a thing in cyro from the start (remember dueling has not always been around) and in the current state they are proc and cheese free (which non cyro duels are not).
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."