The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do people Xvs1 so eagerly?

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Some people argue its because of people who like to gank the back of a siege line or troll, however there's more layers to the xv1ing than just that. Some large groups will just chase people they see on sight, they might not even be doing anything or anywhere near an enemy objective but groups will just chase after them which I find weird. I was once in a stream of someone playing on EP ( I was on DC) and he wanted to 1v1 me and so I went for it, however there were people trying to hit him with meatbags or snipe him from behind even though we werent near any objective, it was just an open field fight, yet people wanted to go after him. I think it's fair game to x anyone who wants to stop you at an objective but I think it's toxic if they're not near an objective or really doing anything at all and you just chase them down

Do you think these people are lying?

The answer to the OP's question is "it depends." If you are ganking the back of a siege line, I am going to chase you down, it's a simple as that. If you are just hopping on top of a rock in the middle of nowhere, I'm going to type /wave. It's not a black and white issue.

Everyone is different and that has been proven in this thread. I will almost always leave a 1v1 be, unless it's a 5 star picking on a 80 CP recruit, in which I am going to intervene because that player isn;t looking for so called "honorable" fights, but is more interested in clubbing baby seals. So once again, it depends.

A large group will chase a single player if that single player has a history of ganking the group's backline or support players. It's not weird. The group has things to do, often there's a time crunch, and it's very disruptive to have to stop, and ride backwards to rez the person. Maybe the ganker sees it as a game, can they pull off a sneak gank and get away? Maybe they are legit trying to help their alliance by disrupting an entire group. Whatever floats their boat. but maybe they hate dying and riding back so by getting chased will might dissuade them from ganking and choosing different targets in the future, so they get chased down. And if they won;t change behavior, ok, but since they disrupted the group's plans, they get disrupted to by dying and having to ride back. But again this is the exception more than the rule. The vast majority of solo players who are out there get ignored if the going somewhere.

As far as people placing down meatbags trying to hit individual players, some people will do that for reasons listed in this thread. I never did this in the 7 years I have played, but it's not against the rules and some people just take the whole AvAvA thing super seriously. It's fine, whatever. I don't believe in anything like karma, but the fact of the matter is if a player is the type who will put down siege weapon to hit a single player, they are not honing their actual PvP skills and will constantly finding themselves on the losing end of winnable fights. Which is probably the reason they siege solo players in the first place. So I do think there are consequences to this sort of behavior.
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always find it hilarious. It's even better when you're kiting a zerg for 5 mins keeping them away from an objective because they're that thirsty. Then when they finally get you, one of them bags. I remember a so and so doing that, but every time I see him in a smaller group he's getting x'd on being a floor tank, you just have to laugh, you can't get tilted when you get zerged down. Just waste their time and break their ankles. Someone bags just laugh along with them, you'd be surprised at the friends you make :smile:
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    A great comedian once said "If I get bit by a rattlesnake, wouldn't you guys have some questions? 'How did it happen? Did you not see it? We're ya messing with it? How did it get so mad, it almost killed ya?'"

Also, you cannot get mad about dying 2v1 in OW pvp. It's open world, it's not a giant duel pit. Yeah, duels are fun, but if your surprised and not ready when someone comes by to help their friend, then that's on you.

When you die 10v1, you can ask yourself the questions from above.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be hard for me to determine if someone is dueling or not and whether or not it would be rude for me to intervene. If I'm standing on a wall and I see a couple of people fighting below sometimes I'll shoot a siege over at them if I feel like it. I'm more support build so it's not like I'm gonna go run at them and die and like someone said before if it's really a duel there could be better places to do it. It's just hard to tell. I'm not inclined to follow a huge group squirreling after someone running from a lumbermill or something, though. That always seemed like overkill.
  • Armethius
    Armethius
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I hate when players walk by 1v1s in cyrodil. Look, the faster you help me kill this guy the faster we can move on to killing other players. Nothing more annoying in Cyrodil than being stuck in a stalemate fight because fellow alliance players run past out of some dumb notion of respecting a 1v1.

only thing that needs to be said, good day
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, situation depends.

I've had small ball/zergs ignore me as I run the other way while they head to some objective. Cool. As long as you don't knock me off my horse, I'm not going to get roflstomped with those odds.

I've had snipers nip at my heels when I'm alone, or in a small group. They get found and eliminated with extreme prejudice.

I've had zergs chase me for no reason, as a solo player. Whatever. It's Cyro.

I've been annoyed by tower farmers, most likely streaming their impressive leet pvp skills in an unkillable build against 10 or more others. If after a couple of minutes or less I see how this is going, I'll leave. Though I'll swear left right and center because that one guy is going to keep me in combat, preventing me from mounting, for hours if people don't kill him.

Someone who attempts to tower farm, however, and isn't good at it - they get my full attention for elimination, for the above ENDLESS IN COMBAT reason.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We declare our right on this mundus to be a warrior for our alliance, to be respected as a warrior for our alliance, to be given the rights of a warrior for our alliance in this campaign, in this zone, in this day, by which we intend to destroy our enemy by any means necessary."

--- Pelinal X
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.