The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone run a Sorc healer for pvp?

FluffWit
FluffWit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Thinking of respecing for Midyear Mayhem. Just because I'm bored of stam sorc but want to keep grinding to Grand Overlord.

Not really interested in going back to mag damage dealer.

Any other class I'd just throw together something tanky focusing on class skills but Sorc.... I guess I'd have to focus on resto?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc healer is legit in organized pvp groups. Twilight matriarch is a must, radiating regen, power surge so that crit heals give healing to nearby allies. Definitely will need resto, could also use frost destro for ice wall or shock for minor vuln on the other bar. Lots of possibilities based on group needs.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restraining Prison is and overlooked ability. Gives great group support and major vitality.

Matriarch and Surge

I like adding combat prayer to buff ur allies (also works on pets last I checked) (and yeah resto cuz its got the buffs u want)

I liked using Barrier and Negate for support cults

I personally went with (at the time) Jorvuld (proc enabled)

It can be a really fun build
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ty guys I think I'll give it a go after the update when we know what's happening with the proc sets in Cyrodiil..... but I really hate playing with a Matriach over my shoulder.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play a mag sorc healer/dps hybrid in bgs and no cp. Absolutely love it.
    Endless fury, crushing shock, matriarch, inner light, streak, meteor on flame staff bar
    dark conversion, radiating regen, matriarch, power surge, boundless storm, negate on resto staff bar
    In no proc cyro I use crafty, Amber, 1 pc swarm 1 domi. In bgs I swap swarm and domi for earthgore or troll king.
    If you want to go more healing, combat prayer or healing springs is nice. Restraining prison is also really solid.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Restraining Prison is and overlooked ability. Gives great group support and major vitality.

Matriarch and Surge

I like adding combat prayer to buff ur allies (also works on pets last I checked) (and yeah resto cuz its got the buffs u want)

I liked using Barrier and Negate for support cults

I personally went with (at the time) Jorvuld (proc enabled)

It can be a really fun build

Prison only gives you major vitality, not the group, I believe.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Ty guys I think I'll give it a go after the update when we know what's happening with the proc sets in Cyrodiil..... but I really hate playing with a Matriach over my shoulder.

i wish they would shrink the matriarch to non-combat pet size and reduce the wing flap frequency.
  • MarioMario
    MarioMario
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs make great cc/healers. Build it on high crit chanche, high sustain.

Healing department: Radiating regen and orbs for good surge uptime, matriarch for "oh xxxx" burst heal, dark conversion, efficient purge.

CCs: negate/encase/streak, very toxic combo.

Gained Chaos Guardian in my first BG.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorcs are the most common healer class in Cyro if you take some support healing skills into consideration.

My group skill setups typically Sorcs to use Purge, Frost Wall, and Twilight Matriarch, all three are "healer" skills, and extremely important ones, too. Additionally, use the healing morph of Negate (your main Ulti will be Resto Ulti, though). If you REALLY want, you could use Orbs, too. Optimized groups will also require you to use Lightning Flood.

Surprisingly, VIGOR is quite good on MagSorcs as well, due to your high natural weapon attack.

If you just want to zerg, you are also a great Ranged DD/ healer if you use Combat Prayer as on of the skills that activate your Frags. Combat Prayer works amazingly well with the healer proc sets Coldharbors Favourite and Curse-Eater, giving your allies a burst heal + HoT + Purge with just one skill.
    Edited by Thraben on May 13, 2021 9:16AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it really depends on what you are doing. For pug groups sorc healers aren't that great simply because everybody spaces out enough that power surge is less effective. You are almost forced to run purge which if you are the only heal/support can be difficult to sustain magicka wise. While sorc healers have the most mobility of healers they are also the squishiest. In a pug group where cross-healing and other players peeling for you aren't common, templars and wardens raw tankiness is often ideal. Not to mention that straight up streaking away removes any group healing possible.

Others keep saying that they are good in organized groups but that's a whole different ball game. They peel, stick together to make enemies focusing a single player hard while maximizing aoe healing, and you have cross-heals.

If you won't go magdps then try to at least find a pretty decent pug group or life won't be fun.