The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Polymorph: Sylvan Spriggan

• TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭

"I had assumed that a reasonable spend would correlate into a reasonable return, but I didn't expect the gatcha here to be so cancerously ridiculous + no technical math % disclosure before purchase."

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, if you go to 👉 Help 👉 Tutorials👉 Crown Crates you can view the percentages.
    Sorry this doesn't help you at this point 😬

Yes, but unfortunately those numbers aren't what I am talking about. The drop rates in a particular crate, and the farm rate for gem extraction, are different. There's nothing that says (i.e., on Spriggan crown store page; gem extraction help page) "...to get 500 gems, it requires ~$150-200USD of purchases". That backdoor predatory tactic is what got me in my foolishness.

In other words, my logic of a ~$70 spend, as ridiculous as that even is, had an expectant 0% chance of working. If my understanding is correct, APEX drops convert @ 100, and that requires the same item to be rolled twice (extremely low %). I only got to around ~110 gems total, no where near. I had 0 chance of achieving what I thought I was doing, a scam, and it took me too long to deduce this. I blindly trusted Zenimax based upon past experience, to my peril.

The point is, this gatcha mechanic isn't what this game released as, nor even how the initial Crown Store launched, and anyone that doesn't understand how gambling micro-transactions affect game development strategy (i.e., everyone), see YouTube. /walloftext If I knew ESO devolved into this [snip], I would never have thought about returning in the first place, nor have spent anything LoL.

Anyways, I would petition for a refund + account closure, but apparently neither is allowed it seems. I'll try, anyways.
    [EDIT] I was able to achieve this after several rounds of customer support requests, so this will by my final post.

[snip]

/caseclosed

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 12, 2021 2:40PM
    Indeed it is so...
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was seriously considering this purchase, but that I know it does male dances, I'm WAY less inclined. I've always loved Spriggans and Hagravens for some reason 👻

BTW a great way to earn gems is through Twitch drops! You can convert the items into gems, and I have over 800 rn mostly from doing that method over the years 🤗

Same here. I had a little over 770 from twitch drops and other free crates over the years. I bought this because it is rare i'm into cosmetics and I had been sitting on the gems long enough.
  • Forcedminer
    Forcedminer
    Soul Shriven
    If only eso of thrown out a spam email to say this crate was gonna make an appearance after not existing for about FOUR years i would of dropped mad cash to get the spriggan form. im obsessed with the thing since morrowind bloodn moon.

but no just two weeks its available for.

what a fun thing to miss out on after not playing the game for ages because of those whole rapid maneuver change and coming back to see that.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but unfortunately those numbers aren't what I am talking about. The drop rates in a particular crate, and the farm rate for gem extraction, are different. There's nothing that says (i.e., on Spriggan crown store page; gem extraction help page) "...to get 500 gems, it requires ~$150-200USD of purchases". That backdoor predatory tactic is what got me in my foolishness.

In other words, my logic of a ~$70 spend, as ridiculous as that even is, had an expectant 0% chance of working. If my understanding is correct, APEX drops convert @ 100, and that requires the same item to be rolled twice (extremely low %). I only got to around ~110 gems total, no where near. I had 0 chance of achieving what I thought I was doing, a scam, and it took me too long to deduce this. I blindly trusted Zenimax based upon past experience, to my peril.

The point is, this gatcha mechanic isn't what this game released as, nor even how the initial Crown Store launched, and anyone that doesn't understand how gambling micro-transactions affect game development strategy (i.e., everyone), see YouTube. /walloftext If I knew ESO devolved into this [snip], I would never have thought about returning in the first place, nor have spent anything LoL.

Anyways, I would petition for a refund + account closure, but apparently neither is allowed it seems. I'll try, anyways.
    [EDIT] I was able to achieve this after several rounds of customer support requests, so this will by my final post.

[snip]

/caseclosed
    Ok sorry but had to comment even though apparently this player is gone. I find it absurd to quit a good game over optional store items. We don't actually need any of this stuff to be able to play and enjoy the game. [snip] Also, with the upcoming new currency that lets us buy anything from the crates/store without real money, yeah, [snip]?

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 12, 2021 2:41PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso