Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Companion gear

syked71rwb17_ESO
syked71rwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have been playing around with build ideas on the pts & i started to wonder why companions have light,medium & heavy armor

The armor itself brings no stats that i know of to the companion it just brings armor rating, With that being the case, heavy will always be the best choice due to damage mitigation.

The armor skills are not much use due to the huge cool downs so i started thinking, Why not have just 1 armor type & change the armor skills into ultimate,s for class lines.

Heavy armor skill could become the tank ultimate

Medium armor skill, Mage or undaunted ultimate

Light armor skill could become the healing ultimate
  • KeiRaikon
    KeiRaikon
    ✭✭✭
    The armor lines do have a passive associated. With the most recent patch light gives healing done and reduces breakfree cooldown, medium gives damage and reduces roll dodge cooldown and heavy increases healing received and block effectiveness.
  • syked71rwb17_ESO
    syked71rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    That change was made for Player armor.
    I have looked all around trying to find if it applies to companion armor & so far i have not found out that info.

If not then maybe that could be why companions are a bit squishy.
  • hizium
    hizium
    ✭✭✭
    That change was made for Player armor.
    I have looked all around trying to find if it applies to companion armor & so far i have not found out that info.

If not then maybe that could be why companions are a bit squishy.

Companions do have skills for armors, light armor increases healing, medium gives more damage and heavy armor gives more healing received.

Edited: wrong previous info abour the skill lines.
    Edited by hizium on May 12, 2021 2:31AM
  • syked71rwb17_ESO
    syked71rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Could you provide a link to this info ?
  • KeiRaikon
    KeiRaikon
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYg7YfmmQ5Y

As you can see it the armor section it shows the passives (which are not the same as the ones made to player armor like you say), note that they changed the light armor one to what I earlier said in the most recent patch.
    Edited by KeiRaikon on May 12, 2021 5:35AM
  • supermr
    supermr
    Could you provide a link to this info ?

go and look in the game on the test server before writing that the type of armor does not give anything
  • syked71rwb17_ESO
    syked71rwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    When i started this thread i was thinking about the active skills & completely spaced about the small passive effects (thanks for reminding me about them)

2 big storms the last 2 nights so running light on sleep & the poor brain is not working 100% for sure lol need more coffee