Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sold store items not clearing from inventory

VenuvianRaider
As I sell items, they do not clear out until I close and reopen the vendor. Have done hard restart and cleared storage cache. Help.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 2, 2021 6:48PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are aware of an issue where the Guild Trader's menu does not allow you to scroll through to see all items available. In the meantime you may use the Search option to review what items are for sale via the Guild Trader.

There is also an issue where the inventory does not update when placing an item up for purchase through Trading House Purchases. You can leave the Guild Trader menu and open it back up or check your inventory to verify the item has left your inventory and is available for purchase. Further details can be found here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • VenuvianRaider
    My problem is with selling items to any merchant. Items do not clear out as I sell them. Must close out of merchant and then reopen merchant to have items cleared.
  • VenuvianRaider
    PS...note my issue has nothing to do with Guild Trading...ALL merchants have same problem.
  • VenuvianRaider
    Have now reinstalled entire game. Still same problem.
  • Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570975/ps4-extremely-frustrating-bugs-after-todays-patch/p1

The bug exists for all console players (Xbox and PS), it will be fixed (hopefully) with the Blackwood chapter on june 8th (yes, in a month)
    Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skall66 wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570975/ps4-extremely-frustrating-bugs-after-todays-patch/p1

The bug exists for all console players (Xbox and PS), it will be fixed (hopefully) with the Blackwood chapter on june 8th (yes, in a month)

June 8th? Um....why isn’t this top priority for a maintenance patch?

When you can’t list items on the Guild Stores because you can’t scroll the items in your inventory, that’s a huge problem. Using the search to try and place 30 items on a guild trader isn’t a workaround, it’s bs.

Imagine being QA for ZOS. QA regression script 1232, Go to Banker NPC, Open Guild Store, Go to Sell and select a item from your inventory to sell...um, boss...can’t seem to scroll or select anything in the list...what’s that? Ship it?...ok...pass.

How is it possible to even miss this simple regression test...ever? Honestly pretty embarrassing if you ask me.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uberkull wrote: »

When you can’t list items on the Guild Stores because you can’t scroll the items in your inventory, that’s a huge problem. Using the search to try and place 30 items on a guild trader isn’t a workaround, it’s bs.

Imagine being QA for ZOS. QA regression script 1232, Go to Banker NPC, Open Guild Store, Go to Sell and select a item from your inventory to sell...um, boss...can’t seem to scroll or select anything in the list...what’s that? Ship it?...ok...pass.

How is it possible to even miss this simple regression test...ever? Honestly pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7235452#Comment_7235452
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7235452#Comment_7235452

And? Not my problem as a customer and that is a load of BS. You are telling me that a now Microsoft owned company can’t get priority for Microsoft game release certification to put out a maintenance patch this coming week?

ZOS needs to take a pause on filling the cash shop with garbage and focus on quality releases.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And? Not my problem as a customer and that is a load of BS. You are telling me that a now Microsoft owned company can’t get priority for Microsoft game release certification to put out a maintenance patch this coming week?

ZOS needs to take a pause on filling the cash shop with garbage and focus on quality releases.

I am only telling what ZOS said. You think that is BS? Fine. Honestly, I assume that if it were _your_ decision to patch or not, you would make the same one ZOS did. There are reasons that drive decisions like these, and I doubt you would do anything differently. I would probably also make the same decision if it were up to me. Most people in here probably would. This is why I am not getting as upset over it.

The only real place for change in all of this was weeks ago when the decision was made to not fix this before it got to us. I am assuming that someone inside of ZOS saw this and decided that it could wait. That was the fateful decision, not the patch decision. That was when they maybe had time to fix this before it impacted the release house of cards.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 10, 2021 12:05AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am only telling what ZOS said. You think that is BS? Fine. Honestly, I assume that if it were _your_ decision to patch or not, you would make the same one ZOS did. There are reasons that drive decisions like these, and I doubt you would do anything differently. I would probably also make the same decision if it were up to me. Most people in here probably would. This is why I am not getting as upset over it.

The only real place for change in all of this was weeks ago when the decision was made to not fix this before it got to us. I am assuming that someone inside of ZOS saw this and decided that it could wait. That was the fateful decision, not the patch decision. That was when they maybe had time to fix this before it impacted the release house of cards.

You miss the point entirely. In the development process there is a phase, in waterfall or agile, that involves QA and User testing. So when one of the major functions in a mmo, selling items on a marketplace, gets regression tested because it should always be a high priority test...it gets tested and fails, it really questions where the hell ZOS priorities are. It’s really a joke.

Players that run millions of gold Trade Guilds now have to communicate a major PIA workarounds to their guilds in order for them to keep all slots full. And honestly, a majority of players won’t bother and just vendor stuff or log and come back when its finally fixed. This impacts medium to smaller trade guilds because they are missing the opportunity to sell and make enough to bid on overpriced traders,

Honestly, at this point idc about this discussion, just abbot as much as ZOS doesn’t care to test core functions in their game before release.