The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Class 2021? Thoughts?

WoppaBoem
WoppaBoem
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS please make a new class, make it fast and noble and good burst, not slow like warden and necro. Make it in the spirit of the vanilla classes and bring some live to the game. And please ensure the class can do good DD and Healer. Thank you.

[Edit click bait title.]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 6, 2021 1:55AM
Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to edit the title, as it is misleading.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to make clickbait and outright lies an actionable offense.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bards - wreck enemies with spectral lute*

Spellsword - Spellcrafting & Elemental fists

Battlemage - DK 2.0 ???

Just my 2c
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on May 19, 2021 5:45AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Karthus
    Karthus
    ✭✭
    no new classes pls, just do some reworks of vanila classes :smiley:
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classes came with the chapter updates.

So no new class in 2021.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really wish they would rework vanilla classes coughdkcough.

However, it it be hella awesome to have Monk as a class. I want to give people the actual hands in this game!
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Really wish they would rework vanilla classes coughdkcough.

However, it it be hella awesome to have Monk as a class. I want to give people the actual hands in this game!

100%, but I was thinking, why not just make fist a skill tree.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each time new class is introduced, one of the base game classes (that is similar in terms of power fantasy) gets nerfed to the ground... So no, I don't want any new classes. New weapon skill line, like spear & combat staff would be nice though.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about a cook class? Thinking about some sort of cook as Seagal in Under Siege... just kidding

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want complex classes rework/rebalance before we will even think about new class. I really hope for some kind od new standards for classes, raising them all to level of magsorcs in terms of power. But knowing ZOS, I have feeling that they will just nerf everything to dks level :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    ZOS please make a new class, make it fast and noble and good burst, not slow like warden and necro. Make it in the spirit of the vanilla classes and bring some live to the game. And please ensure the class can do good DD and Healer. Thank you.

[Edit click bait title.]

Why would you want a new class that is like something we already have? If a new class were put in I would prefer it be completely new with unique mechanics.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illusionist

Could be the next class to have an invisibility ability.
    Argonian Master Race
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arbit wrote: »
    Illusionist

Could be the next class to have an invisibility ability.

We don’t need more invisibility. It’s a gimmick with little utility outside of ganks and pve thieving and assassination quests. Plus everyone has access to invis through pots or vamp.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can almost guarantee that there won't be a new class this year. Maybe ZOS pulls out a surprise for the Q4 DLC, but that's highly, highly unlikely.

There's also nothing that would really give a good indication as to what a potential new class would be. With Wardens, we knew that there was a scrapped Warden class from the early stages of development. Necromancers were the popular request, so that wasn't that shocking. If I had to guess, I'd say Battlemage, just because that seems to be the current most requested class, followed by Bard and Monk. But there really isn't anything to suggest what a new class could be, or if there will even be a new class in 2022.

That being said, I did notice while running through Blackwood on the PTS some new animations/aesthetics for some enemies (mainly among the cultists). I'd have to go back and pay special attention to those attacks to look closer at what they were. But there was a lot of deep-purple magical effects going on, and a different purple than Sorcerer (similar to how Warden Blue is different than Necromancer Blue). Not saying that it indicates anything, but it could suggest ZOS is playing around with aesthetics.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »

[Edit click bait title.]

Why would you want a new class that is like something we already have? If a new class were put in I would prefer it be completely new with unique mechanics.

I dont need new mechanics I would love something to work and be well designed. It feels most if not all vanilla classes are missing something because initial design was done very different than the warden and necro. They have many usefull passive and skills clearly designed from the launch. I would love to see a vanilla style of class meaning fast, instant skills, good CC abilities, decent healing and tankiness not OP P2W style. But then with all passive relevant, all skill threes filled with useable skills which have good synergy with the other threes and make sense. I prefer the class shines on DD and Healing and less on the tank side of the game as necro and warden are very good already in tanking (which makes them also OP in PVP).

I would like that much on my wish list to inject some good fun and change to this game.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ESO was starting, we had Skyrim on top, so they gave us Dragonknight.

Maybe TES VI will be an excelent moment to introduce new class. Sword-singer alike.

Although I didn't wait and made my own sword-singer from redgard sorcerer - it is fun AF ;)
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came up with an Occultist class that would use Curses with some Alteration and Conjuration thrown in.
    Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on May 9, 2021 4:15AM
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    New classes tend to be overpowered at first to sell chapter. This makes balance even worse. Fix servers and the stuff that is already in the game and keep striving for balance. No new class please, focus on the already existing things that need attention please.
    Edited by silver1surfer69 on May 9, 2021 4:59AM
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New classes tend to be overpowered at first to sell chapter. This makes balance even worse. Fix servers and the stuff that is already in the game and keep striving for balance. No new class please, focus on the already existing things that need attention please.

I don’t think true balance can ever really be achieved and if they overdo it, it could lead to a very dull game where class choices do not matter and every class does the same thing. This happened before and only recently have ZoS started to make classes feel unique again. Different classes should be stronger and weaker at different things which means inevitably that one class is going to be better than another in certain situations.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to a new class, I would like a Dwemer scholar, which would also fit well after so much Dwemer-related stuff was added through Greymoor. I want to command mechanoids in battle.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call wardens slow. They have a good Major Expedition skill, a free snare purge, and stam wardens can regenerate stamina while sprinting. I feel very mobile on mine.

Unless you meant slow in another way, like their rotation.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call wardens slow. They have a good Major Expedition skill, a free snare purge, and stam wardens can regenerate stamina while sprinting. I feel very mobile on mine.

Unless you meant slow in another way, like their rotation.

In terms of rotation and doing dmg, I love my stamplar becuase of the in your face playstyle same as my magdk that was once good without procs. However both are not in a good spot at all (mind you I do not play dmg procs sets hate them).
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that the "2022 Chapter" will bring a new class! In DLC's its most improbable...
    I would like to see a rogue class, someone with a skills tree that could mimic other class skills or temporarly "borrow" them.
    Other rogue skill tree could be more on terms with a Monk style (which is very asked by players)
    Last skill tree could be a mix of tank/Healer focused tree, based on a roguish class

New classes are very important to MMOs as proved in other games:
    - Always creates super hype to the player community
    - Brings new players (aswell the return of older players that "Burned out")
    - They add a lot of views to streamers, youtubers and content creators...
    - Media coverage on the Internet (specialty websites) is always bigger and stronger as these "new class" hypes a lot (vs other content)

Obviously within the community there will be who is against it, because it will bring more unbalanced issues, which is a constant development struggle.
    (Templars felt that pain with the introduction of Wardens, as an example)

Edit: I totally understand the "resistances" from players to it, but from a comercial perspective is always a win-win
    Edited by miteba on May 9, 2021 2:54PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have done classes twice now. It's a thing that has been done. It is pretty clear that they are exploring other stuff, and I think they will continue to do that in 2022.

For example... they have not added any new weapon skill lines to the game since launch. They have a whole spell system sitting out there on the shelf, and I dread the day that it gets included in a Chapter. Both companions and antiquities were out of left field, and there are a whole bunch of things sitting out there on the fringes of darkness that they can pull from. They have plenty to do without falling back to a new class.

The only class that is worth doing, in my opinion, is an "Acrobat/Monk" class that could utilize new stamina and magicka based hand-to-hand combat skill lines
    Edited by Elsonso on May 9, 2021 3:51PM
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    There are some mentions of blood magic in the game, I would love to see a Blood Mage class, game needs more dark themed classes in my opinion, as we have only necromancer, sorc isn't dark at all, yes he summons daedra and have dark magic tree, but it doesn't feel dark, no offence to anyone, but sorc is a poser compared to necro when it comes to edgy stuff. GIVE US MORE EDGE!!! :D
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    We get companions, so doubt we'll see a new class next year
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    There are some mentions of blood magic in the game, I would love to see a Blood Mage class, game needs more dark themed classes in my opinion, as we have only necromancer, sorc isn't dark at all, yes he summons daedra and have dark magic tree, but it doesn't feel dark, no offence to anyone, but sorc is a poser compared to necro when it comes to edgy stuff. GIVE US MORE EDGE!!! :D

100% agree. Give us a cultist or hexer. I don’t want something that been done before in other games of the series. I want new stuff.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% agree. Give us a cultist or hexer. I don’t want something that been done before in other games of the series. I want new stuff.
    Siphoning and vampirism are the blood magic skill lines, on top of three necromancy and death skill lines so no thank you.

We have more than enough classes so let's leave it that pls.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »

Siphoning and vampirism are the blood magic skill lines, on top of three necromancy and death skill lines so no thank you.

I never said anything about Blood Magic
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »

I never said anything about Blood Magic

Aside... You "100% agree" with a comment about adding Blood Magic in the form of a Blood Mage. :confused:

Cultists are commonly what we fight. They aren't really a class, like the Necromancer. They are more of a description. You will have to elaborate more. If your intention was not to make them a follower of some manner of Blood Magic cult, then what are they?

If you are going to suggest a "Hexer", you will have to define that, too. I have seen it described as something that uses curses based on blood magic. It is also a translation for "Witcher", as in Geralt, which takes it off in the different direction of Signs. If the idea is to do Witcher in Elder Scrolls, I would suggest a "no" to that. By the time the lore was made to align, they would just be spell sword that is part of the Vigilants of Stendarr cult or Dawnguard.

As for doing something that has not been done in the series, the basic answer to that frequently seems to be pulling some special thing out of another game. Elder Scrolls sort of takes the generic middle ground in this respect.