The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there any reason to be vampire still?

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play all my toons as stage 4 vamps. Undeath and the other passives and skills are well worth it. Blood scion is an amazing ultimate too. The problem people often face with vampire is the increased cost of skills and reduced health recovery, which is very easy to build around, as you just make sure you add more HAs, resource recovery, and have the spell siphon or bloody renewal CP slotted, change your race, food, or positions, etc etc.

Being a vampire is a personal choice, and it is certainly not 'dead' in the slightest. (Gameplay wise, I mean, because clearly you're an immortal undead. XD) If you like playing vampire, go for it! Don't let someone else suck the fun (haha) out of the game because you heard somewhere it isn't a good thing to play, which is clearly false. Do what you love.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    I've just counted: 5 of 8 characters I have are vampires. Most of em because I want to be PvP competitive, and they have what I need.

I do think they should remake Drain and Mesmerize tho.

So just a pvp thing now?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    I've just counted: 5 of 8 characters I have are vampires. Most of em because I want to be PvP competitive, and they have what I need.

I do think they should remake Drain and Mesmerize tho.

So just a pvp thing now?

And solo arena thing. It can be a trial thing with the Pale Order Ring but with the new change to it that's dead to.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works very well on my SNB in stage 2 for PvP. The small ability cost increase for normal abilities at that point is certainly worth the extra sneak speed and 300 WD for six seconds when I come out of cloak. Maybe once in a while I might die to a DB that I'd live through if I wasn't a vamp but since I'm depending on using cloak, dodge roll and speed to stay alive any good combo that actually catches me would have usually killed me regardless.
    The Bat Swarm Ulti is crazy expensive but can also be crazy strong used in the right spots. For example I pop it when there are lots of enemies bunched up, like on flags or breaches, then start doing Whirling Blades and it just melts people while giving me huge HPS numbers for 20 seconds. If it's a big fight with too much going on for enemies to stun and focus me right away when I do it I almost always cause a wipe for them once I get going.
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    One other solution would be to reshape vampire lord set.
    Right now it works against his own "class" because it increases even more the Health recovery, Flame damage taken and Regular abilities cost.The only real advantage is reducing the vampire abilities cost.

Imo, developers focus around vampirism seems to benefit them only about cost reduction of vampiric skills. All the rest are penalties.
    Obviously there are powerful skills and passives but as any other skill tree.
    (But there are powerless or underwhelming skills too, like Mesmerize and Vampiric Drain)

So, some tweaks in those skills and reshaping that Vampiric thematic set would allow more balance to it, and dig up the class again.

As in this thread, that unfortunately didn't convinced developers (one year ago):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/524831/vampire-lord-item-set

@YandereGirlfriend had a very interesting and logic concept for Vampire Lord Set:
    Vampire Lord
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Overland

Set bonus:
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) Stage 1/2/3/4
    Flame Damage Taken 4/6/8/10%
    Regular Ability Cost Decrease: 4/6/8/10%
    Spell Damage to Vampire Abilities 100/200/300/400
  • Ringing_Nirnroot