The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Green balance school of magic

dragonflame
I've been wondering what school of magic does it fall under. I was considering conjugation because they summon plant. It may also be a possibility that it falls under restoration magic. ( which is a valid form of magic.)
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it's nature-flavored restoration magic. Since restoration deals with healing and "life force" it seems plausible that magic that makes plants grow is part of the restoration school.
    It could be argued that it is alteration if existing plants are reshaped and given new properties and such. So it could be a mix of both.

Do note that the schools of magic haven't been established yet in ESO's time if that is in any way relevant to the reason behind you asking that question. At the end of the day they are just made-up to better categorise magic.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • dragonflame
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    I'd say it's nature-flavored restoration magic. Since restoration deals with healing and "life force" it seems plausible that magic that makes plants grow is part of the restoration school.
    It could be argued that it is alteration if existing plants are reshaped and given new properties and such. So it could be a mix of both.

Do note that the schools of magic haven't been established yet in ESO's time if that is in any way relevant to the reason behind you asking that question. At the end of the day they are just made-up to better categorise magic.

Yea, that why I asked I didn't know that the schools hasn't been established yet
  • Aramithius
    Aramithius
    ✭✭
    Yea, that why I asked I didn't know that the schools hasn't been established yet

Now that's the thing. There are conflicting accounts on this. Some people say Vanus Galerion formalised the schools, others that Shalidor did it, and then there's Gabrielle Benele's proposal to establish them.
    Host of the Written in Uncertainty podcast, and regular participant in the Selectives Lorecast.
    Officer of the PC-EU chapter of the Loreseekers guild.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    At the end of the day they are just made-up to better categorise magic.

I believe this as well - that the schools were formed to catagorize/separate and maybe to allow more intense focused study and experimentation on the different ways magic can be used. The Mages Guild I feel was initially created to show/teach/remind those that might have forgotten how to tap into the raw energy that is majic and what is in all living things - converting it into what it is we wish to perform or into the weaving of spells.

Edited by Eporem on May 9, 2021 1:24PM