Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Boss doors closing in dungeons are counter-productive

Athan1
Athan1
✭✭✭✭✭
What is even the point of some doors before bosses closing the moment you engage the boss? Whatever it is they're trying to prevent should be addressed in a different way.

Everyone knows that pugs, which is what the majority of players do, rush ahead. It is common sight that half of the group is locked outside the boss room, unable to participate in the battle or teleport in. Why?? Often times the locked out person is the healer, who de facto has to be behind the group to assure everyone makes it to the next room safely.

This is not often raised as an issue because the rushers are usually high CP enough that they can duo/trio the boss without help from the locked out members. But other times, it just leads to unnecessarily prolonged battles and wipes. It's actually the dlc dungeons that require all four members that do this typically!

Yesterday pugging IC Prison, the tank kept rushing ahead, locking me (healer) and a DPS out of three boss rooms, then calling us stupid when he wiped. This could have easily been avoided by not locking doors the microsecond the boss was engaged!

Just find another way to address whatever it is you achieve through the doors locking. This mechanic causes unnecessary drama and player frustration.
Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS already stated they are looking into making all dungeons like the new ones, with "joining encounter in progress" on bosses. It was more than a year ago though.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are aware of this, then this is a super easy fix that just requires deleting a small chunk of code and replacing it with another, I don't see why this would be taking so long. Also what is even the point of this in the first place?
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    57qbcj.jpg
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sangwyne wrote: »
    57qbcj.jpg
    Me every time. Tbf, if you want me to heal you, gotta wait for me ;)
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i love it too. Especially in Mazzatun, where doors to two bosses are next to sub-level entrance, so someone is stuck behind fence in 1 for 3-4 runs always xd
    Edited by Ippokrates on May 2, 2021 10:40AM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason for those doors is most likely to prevent us from leaving the boss room to escape boss mechanics. There is / was a number of bosses where you could ignore mechanics and just fight from outside the room. So those doors are a good thing in my opinion.
    But yeah, every dungeon and raid should port you to the fight when a boss is attacked without you being in the room.