The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

ZOS. You're not listening.

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
- No new PVP content for years now.
- Balance is the worst its ever been, and it's getting even worse next patch.
- Counterplay is disappearing more and more each patch.
- Proc sets are getting more out of control next patch.
- Refusal to give us a Battlegrounds Deathmatch queue even though everyone wants one.
- Refusal to give us a Battlegrounds Lobby so the community can organize our own events.
- Players taking a break aren't coming back. Existing players are losing interest in playing.
Edited by Skoomah on April 30, 2021 4:53PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    - Refusal to give us a Battlegrounds Deathmatch queue even though everyone wants one.

Isn't there a way how to queue up just for a specific mode in battlegrounds? You can queue up for random bg,flag games what is crazy king and domination,then there is another cathegory what is chaos ball and capture the relic and its own queue is deathmatch.
    Basically deathmatch already has its own queue,or no?
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah speaks da truf
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't there a way how to queue up just for a specific mode in battlegrounds? You can queue up for random bg,flag games what is crazy king and domination,then there is another cathegory what is chaos ball and capture the relic and its own queue is deathmatch.

Sadly no. It's been back to random mode only ever since they created a solo queue/group queue divide.

Now it feels like I only see death match about 10% of the time even though it's by far the mode I prefer. I really hate having such a hard time just to play the mode I like.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on April 30, 2021 5:10PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Refusal to give us a Battlegrounds Lobby so the community can organize our own events.
    - Players taking a break aren't coming back. Existing players are losing interest in playing.

Statistics are telling ZOS otherwise. 20% increase in copies sold last year. Steam charts have had positive growth on average players online for 5 months straight. March had 40% more players( average concurrent on steam) than March 2020.

Everything is pointing to they are doing a great job, looking at statistics. We obviously don't feel the same but we are likely the minority opinion here on the forums.
    Edited by ThorianB on April 30, 2021 5:13PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sadly no. It's been back to random mode only ever since they created a solo queue/group queue divide.

Now it feels like I only see death match about 10% of the time even though it's by far the mode I prefer. I really hate having such a hard time just to play the mode I like.

Oh really? ... Has been sometime I last played a battleground... Actually last Midyear Mayhem when random bgs are the way to go.
    I thought the mode specific queue was still there.

Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh really? ... Has been sometime I last played a battleground... Actually last Midyear Mayhem when random bgs are the way to go.
    I thought the mode specific queue was still there.

Yes, just go try queuing for one. If you could sign up for deathmatch, the high mmr bg guild skoomah and I are in wouldn't be as upset
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »

Statistics are telling ZOS otherwise. 20% increase in copies sold last year. Steam charts have had positive growth on average players online for 5 months straight. March had 40% more players( average concurrent on steam) than March 2020.

Everything is pointing to they are doing a great job, looking at statistics. We obviously don't feel the same but we are likely the minority opinion here on the forums.

My guess is that primary revenue streams have little to do with anything related to combat. We combat lovers who get upset over changes like to think our opinions matter. History would suggest otherwise.
  • Anonx31st
    Anonx31st
    ✭✭✭

You mean, ZOS is not listening to "YOU".
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

My guess is that primary revenue streams have little to do with anything related to combat. We combat lovers who get upset over changes like to think our opinions matter. History would suggest otherwise.

This. Morrowind "if these sustain changss go live everyone will leave!"
    Elswyr "if Necro goes live like this everyone will leave!"
    Healbreaker "if these healing changes go live like this everyone will leave!"
    Repeat for vampire, ropo, thrassian, etc.

Meanwhile in the time it took me to write this post a few dozen whales just spent a thousand bucks each to flaunt a radiant apex in Craglorn. Zos has probably already made my yearly salery selling an already made art asset as the Spriggan polymorph. So no it really doesn't matter what top pvp or pve experts say. The proc changes, battlegrounds and gaze of sithis will likely go through with little to no change, a few people will leave, many more will keep buying and things will keep chugging along.

I'm not disagreeing with any of these arguements btw but the point is we have 7 years of evidence weighed against this dance. The community screams "ZOS NO!" their response is always "ZOS YES!" so why bother? We're here to do free bug testing, that's all.
    Edited by Excelsus on April 30, 2021 10:21PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I have seen none of the PvP content is monetized. Has Zos tried to monetize any PvP in this game? If yes and it did not succeed then that may be why they have not added more.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    From what I have seen none of the PvP content is monetized. Has Zos tried to monetize any PvP in this game? If yes and it did not succeed then that may be why they have not added more.

It's not even just that.

ZOS could have a PVP system that isn't monetized itself, but is designed to attract players and keep them engaged, with the hopes that they'll spend money anyway.

But Cyrodiil is not that. Cyrodiil cannot attract new players, and it cannot be played casually.
    • There is too much downtime.
    • There is too much walking
    • Cyrodiil is too big
    • Battles are either too short or too long.
    • The power disparity between new and old characters is too great.
    • The rewards and reward cycles are absolutely terrible.
    • Scrolls are unrewarding and obtuse.
    • Emperorship is meaningless bragging rights.
    • Exploration is not rewarded
    • Creative pathing is not rewarded
    • etc

ZOS will only create new PVP content, if they managed to rework PVP into a shape that is more welcoming and casual.

And I'm willing to bet that the majority of PVPers reading this right now strongly disagree with me. And that is the reason why PVP wont get content.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my mind, this has been just a long slow descent since Murkmire. The vision that began to direct combat choices at that point has been... lacking. More recently, CP 2.0 felt like a slap in the face, and the latest round of patch notes, for me, could be summed up as, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Increased numbers from COVID, seem to be compensating for the lost veteran players. That said, nerfing the power of good, but not top tier, players, balancing choices that do not benefit PvP but make PvE tanking and solo play worse, and trolls like not converting vMA weapons to the perfected version and nerfing Iceheart to sell whatever that other helm was have finally done me in. I've changed my steam review to negative and am playing other stuff. Not holding my breath, but I'll be checking in to see when they make some organizational changes.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

99% of overland can be done as a game of "whack-a-mole" while binge watching Netflix. You can't even spam a spamable because stuff dies to fast. Combat isn't important until you get into end game content and then Whack-A-Mole becomes a cross between America Ninja Warrior and a movie from the MCU with a sprinkle of John Wick.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    About Deathmatch only Queue for battlegrounds I do not know why people want that.

It's the worse gametype.

In the other gametypes like Domination I can play even alone and carry a bad team and I have a load of 1vs1s inside the map for contesting flags, and roaming is so damn fun and I end up with over 20-30 kills a lot often.

In Deathmatch it's just a bullcrap of healers and tanks with guards all stucked together and if your team is random with 2 nightblades you just get melted in seconds and you cannot compete even if you are a decent player. In the other gametype you have way more roaming, 1vs1s, 1vsX, possibility to comeback from a losing game.

So yeah I would like a selection of gametypes to NOT play deathmatch xD
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »

It's not even just that.

ZOS could have a PVP system that isn't monetized itself, but is designed to attract players and keep them engaged, with the hopes that they'll spend money anyway.

But Cyrodiil is not that. Cyrodiil cannot attract new players, and it cannot be played casually.
    • Cyrodiil is too big
    • etc

ZOS will only create new PVP content, if they managed to rework PVP into a shape that is more welcoming and casual.

And I'm willing to bet that the majority of PVPers reading this right now strongly disagree with me. And that is the reason why PVP wont get content.

No, I agree with pretty much everything here. PvP in ESO can't really be played casually and that is the biggest limiting factor to its growth by far.

The thing is, while I favor skillful gameplay, I understand without a constant influx of new blood that's actually genuinely excited to play, the PvP in ESO is quite stale and won't ever improve because there isn't any reason to invest in it.

I do think ZOS has clearly tried to make PvP more welcoming and casual.

Look at BGs. Initially advertised as "play during lunch break," the refusal to deviate from 3 teams, the refusal to implement an actual ranking system, the emphasis on game formats that aren't deathmatch or involve killing, the removal of 4 player groups, et al., all of these were intended to be welcoming rather than competitive/cut-throat.

Then the proc sets, the constant nerfing of potent or multi-functional skills, the inclusion of gear like shield-breaker and Earthgore that played the game for players, their admitted changes aimed to closing the gap between the "floor" and the "ceiling," etc., also without point to the same basic objective of making PvP more welcoming.

Obviously they haven't succeeded. For many reasons. They've haven't had a full time PvP developer in two years. Whatever they may claim in their press releases, without a PvP dev, that to me means they've given up.
    Edited by Joy_Division on May 1, 2021 5:55AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox EU at 7pm last night (Friday) had 1 bar for each faction.

The PvP on that server is sooooo dead.

It started to pick up a bit last year, but an increase in players coming back doesn't really mean that much as a lot of countries has very strict lockdowns. People were stuck in, some not going to work, so more people were bored and logging on.

Non of them have stuck around, and PvP has less players than before it.

I know it's no proc cyrodiil, which not everyone likes, but IC and BGs aren't super busy, so it's not like they've moved there.

Lack of updates, bad performance (actually getting worse) and random sweeping changes to combat way too often is ruining the run of PvP for a lot of people, who aren't coming back.

But hey, as long as loads of new people buy the new chapter and have their brain-dead npc to help them quest, who cares. They'll play the game for 3 months and spend £200 on random stuff in the crown store so job done for ZOS.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not even just that.

• Cyrodiil is too big
    • etc

The above list is why I don't participate in Cyrodil.

• JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭

we also need battlegrounds to be 2 teams, preferably a 3v3. 3 teams ruins almost every match with accidental micro alliance style play. almost every victory is because the two enemy teams focused each other moreso than your team, and almost every defeat is because the two enemy teams focused your team moreso than each other, theoretically....

did you know! ESO battlegrounds as a concept has the highest potential in all of pvp gaming to date. potential, that is; unrealized potential. under decent management, it SHOULD be its own multi billion dollar success title by now :)
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the saddest part to me, because despite the horrible changes they've made in the name of helping casual PvPers (e.g. faction locks and ultimate cast times), Cyro is more brutal towards casual players than ever, and expect it to get even worse if the u30 changes go live.

Floor lower. Ceiling higher. Casual PvP dead. ESO+ canceled.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They monetize it indirectly now without having to add any actual content.

They introduce new op sets and mythics so we are forced to buy pve content if we want to be competitive in pvp.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    I'm quite happy to pay for ESO+ just to support my PvP when the game is good. I doubt I'm the only PvPer who has canceled their ESO+ and/or canceled plans to buy Blackwood. These awful combat changes are losing them money.
    Edited by xylena_lazarow on May 1, 2021 4:34PM
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • XvarleyX
    XvarleyX
    ✭✭✭

I feel lock down has helped, speaking from my own experience of buying a bunch of games because i haven't had much else to do! I even bought another copy of ESO so i can manage my guild bank easier and such.
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I join PVP from time to time, PVP seems to me a very niche spot of TESO in terms of participation. So neglecting PVP is probably because they listen to the players ...
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not even just that.

• Cyrodiil is too big
    • etc

While I have played ESO for less than three months I have spent time in Cyrodiil with a handful of players from a guild I am in. Though I would admit that I am not familiar with how scrolls are or are not rewarding of what gaining emperorship really means. I do wonder why exploration in PvP is really that big of a deal as it is not PvP.

Granted, most of the PvP I have enjoyed in other games has been of the 4v4/8v8 type of deal or true open world (which is usually very meaningless) and very little with a full zone AvAvA.

I do not recall much walking in Cyrodiil. We hopped on mounts ( and my mount speed was far from maxed until this week). Battles seemed fine and I am still below 400 CP. I realize most of these points raised are matters of opinion and I respect that.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite happy to pay for ESO+ just to support my PvP when the game is good. I doubt I'm the only PvPer who has canceled their ESO+ and/or canceled plans to buy Blackwood. These awful combat changes are losing them money.

I like this reply. One thing I did not understand with the business model here is they could have, maybe should have, limited access to PvP and used the subscription to unlock full access. Maybe X hours per week for those who are not subscribed and unlimited for those who are.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this reply. One thing I did not understand with the business model here is they could have, maybe should have, limited access to PvP and used the subscription to unlock full access. Maybe X hours per week for those who are not subscribed and unlimited for those who are.

If they want to monetize Cyrodiil, just make siege weapons stack for ESO+ members or give us a 'Siege bag'.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh, no, limits is a terrible idea. Saying that as constant ESO+ player.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group vs Group duels please, this would enable us to do competitive groups fights, 1vsX training, out numbered duels, arena fights, custom fights in our houses, 2vs2, 3vs3 etc

The one tool that would enable us to make our pvp content ourselves.