The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

BG Healer build

Jabassa
Jabassa
✭✭✭
So this is what I’ve been running recently, and it’s working very well so long as I get a team that stays together.

Breton
Templar
64 attributes into mag
Antronach
Witchmother’s Potent Brew - Clockwork Citrus Fillet is better but not needed
Trash mag pots
Vamp stage 3

Body - Spell Power Cure - all divines all max mag enchants

Monster - Earthgore - all divine heavy helm/med shoulder health/stam enchants

Weapon/Jewlery- Curse Eater - Resto(powered/mag regen glyph)/S&B (Sword-defending/mag regen glyph : sheild-sturdy/stam glyph) Jewelry is all arcane/mag regen

Front bar (resto) - healing springs, templar cleanse, Jesus beam (the one that does more damage based on your mag pool. You have the sustain to make it work), BoL, mutagen (take the longer lasting morph), Pangea (resto ult)

Back bar (S&B) - cheese mist, sharts (the one that gives resources on synergy), STAM rune, BoL, Repentance, Temporal Guard

————————-

Now, Curse Eater can be swapped out for Winter’s (Frost AoE that heals) or Transmutation as needed

You want the longer lasting morph of mutagen to maximize uptime on SPC for your buddies

Double bar BoL because you’re the healer in PvP and you’re in light armor. It also procs Curse Eater

Don’t slot jabs, your team will die while you’re stroking your ego

Save your Jesus beam until they’re at like 10% or less. Use it to quickly steal enemy kills for max cheese

Also, you would think I’d get insta yeeted in 7 divine, but I can BoL spam through just about everything sustainably when the pressure is on. Between that and mist, I hardly NEED to block. When I do, between repentance and my stam rune, I can hold out for a while. The only times I really get clapped are when that 1/100 player with swinging d*ck damage focuses me, or if I get McGangbanged between the other two teams while my team is MIA and mist decides not to work.

Lastly, I only added Winter’s as a Curse Eater sub because people like it, idk y tho... the AoE is smol to the point where if your team gaggles up inside it, there’s a good chance they’ll get double Dawnied and it’s a wrap then 🤷‍♂️

Let me know what you think.

P.S. No, I’m not aware that I posted this in the wrong place but I wouldn’t doubt it, #boomerunder30 here.

——————————

EDIT: I forgot to add that you can use your sharts to lead your team around when they do right and stay close to you
Edited by Jabassa on April 17, 2021 7:53PM
  • Raeyleigh
    Raeyleigh
    ✭✭✭
    Solid, but i have a couple tipps to improve it:

As for skills:
    - Instead of shards, use energetic orb. The synergy is practicly the same and shares the same cooldown. But the orb heals, and quite a lot at that.
    - Repentance is a feast or famine skill. If your opponents are atleast equally matched to your team, you will see little benefit from it. If you need/want a restore skill, i recommend the psyjik meditate.
    - There is no need to double bar BoL. Keep it on your s&b bar, so you can blockcast it efficiently. To fill up that skill slot i recommend Hasty Prayer as a spammable aoe heal. Also on your s&b bar.
    - Unstable Core is a great harrasing skill. It also helps peeling people off of you who hardfocus you.
    - As for ultimates, practiced incantation, solar prison and reviving barrier are your best options. Temporal Guard is fine, but doesnt support your team.

As for equip:
    - Instead of trash pots use the blue alliance war pots. You can buy them from a fraction of your earned AP and they increase your healing twice by providing spellpower and crit chance.
    - Spellpower cure is not bad, but as a PvP healer your priority should be survival > healing > utility. It doesnt add enough utility in smallscale pvp to compare to winters respite for example. Unless you run in a 12man group i wouldnt consider it.
    - For minmax replacing divines with either a reinforced/impen mix or going straight with all sturdy is best. The extra stats divine adds are negliegable.
    - I wholeheartedly recommend snow treaders. Its alot harder to focus you if your opponents cannot slow or root you. Also you can spend more time doing your healer job instead of casting mist/rat all the time. You can retain using 2 5piece sets by frontbaring one and backbaring the other. In this case wintersrespite/spellpowercure frontbar only, curse eater backbar only. Then you can add 1 piece of trainee plus the snow treaders for basicly free.
    - Try to wear as many heavy armor pieces as possible. The best stat on light armor is the spell pen, which is irrelevant on a healer.

Hope i helped a bit.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jabassa wrote: »
    forgot to add that you can use your sharts to lead your team around
    *cough* this conjures quite the image...

@Raeyleigh has quite a lot of good advice there.

Being in 5+ light in a battle ground is almost a death sentence. It sounds like OP is a vampire so they may be taking advantage of the Undeath passive. Even with Undeath you will want a greater portion of heavy armor--- 4 heavy 3 light is not bad, or 4-1-2 if you have undaunted maxed.

Also it's surprising how so many people sleep on orbs in pvp. It does great healing just by itself, can proc various sets like spell power cure, and if someone synergizes the energy orb morph specifically it heals everyone in an 8 meter radius which is huge. Plus everyone on your team can synergize it if not on cooldown.

Eternal vigor is a good option, particularly for non vampires, as it can provide both sustain and defense as it is a heavy set. Other crafted/heavy sets to consider would be Shacklebreaker (extra stam to block, more mag, damage and sustain), Pariah (defense), or possibly Ancient Dragonguard (some like it but I'm not sold on it personally). If you do choose to go with 2 light sets, then running protective jewelry, monster sets with 1 piece armor buffs, etc can alleviate some of the concerns.

SPC is not a bad option because it will buff your allies and your healing, but Winter's respite is also a good choice. If you're able to stack close to your allies consistently then Almalexia's Mercy is another possibility.

I also would recommend wearing Snow Treaders depending on your ability to keep RAT active or how much snares (bombard spam :'( ) are slowing you down.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    I actually have no issues surviving in light with 7 divine. Crazy I know, but it seems I can face tank everyone’s damage via BoL spamming and keeping my Radiating Regen up
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    I run mostly PUGs, and from what I’ve found doing so, Winter’s is a waste of time unless you’re running a coordinated group
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the sound of snow treaders though. I think I’m going to farm that out and give it a try
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabassa wrote: »
    I actually have no issues surviving in light with 7 divine. Crazy I know, but it seems I can face tank everyone’s damage via BoL spamming and keeping my Radiating Regen up

Up until you meet people who know how to burst.

Healing in 5 light is possible tho, if you sit behind shields and never drop em.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run 5 light 2 heavy on my magplar healer. Earthgore, spc, ev lightning + resto. I play in high mmr bgs and if I position well and keep up healing dark + ritual + radiating I don't die often. Positioning is key, as is stealing kills with beam XD
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting up this thread.

I'm a Breton Templar healer main and I've always had a frustrating experience in BGs.

I've tried many builds and wasted millions on golding out gear only to get frustrated with the experience and tap out.

I'm not a vamp, so getting out of a tight spot is very difficult (and demoralising). I get bursted down so easily I really wonder if it's just me being bad or the gear / build I have (or both!)

I mostly PvE and I literally have just the one main, but it feels like if you don't have a 'dedicated' PvP toon you're in for a bad time.

All I'm looking for is the option to swap out my gear and skills to do my daily PvP as a group healer.

I don't care about kill count, I know as a healer that's not my focus.

I just want to last longer than damn 3 seconds when I get focused in BGs. I feel almost embarrassed at how easily my character dies even though it's close to 1200CP.

HELP!
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very solid effort there Arkew. What build / gear you use?

I really have to work out how to PvP in this game. I'm so used to PvE and can heal raids fine but PvP? I'm just hamburger meat every game... it gets tedious really fast!
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    just avoid contact with ennemy
  • slimwaffle
    slimwaffle
    ✭✭✭
    Divine is a wasted trait in battlegrounds. Mundas stone buffs are disabled in battlegrounds.

I would run impenetrable for the critical strike resistance.

As a Templar you don't need the curse eater as you guys get the cheapest purge in the game.

As a healer you will be the main target 9 out of 10 fights.

You are better off putting all your attributes into health.

All your enchants to Magicka.

Run a set that helps you not die like pariah. (Because its a heavy set run it on weapons and jewellery)

Then you want a set that helps your heals. Armour of the Seducer is nice because it makes stuff cost less. Or winters respite for the extra heal over time.

And in Battlegrounds Choke thorn will be better to run then earth gore. In a high damage environment that little guy will stop people from dying.

A setup like this would make you extremely difficult to deal with.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    slimwaffle wrote: »
    Divine is a wasted trait in battlegrounds. Mundas stone buffs are disabled in battlegrounds.

I would run impenetrable for the critical strike resistance.

As a Templar you don't need the curse eater as you guys get the cheapest purge in the game.

As a healer you will be the main target 9 out of 10 fights.

You are better off putting all your attributes into health.

All your enchants to Magicka.

Run a set that helps you not die like pariah. (Because its a heavy set run it on weapons and jewellery)

Then you want a set that helps your heals. Armour of the Seducer is nice because it makes stuff cost less. Or winters respite for the extra heal over time.

And in Battlegrounds Choke thorn will be better to run then earth gore. In a high damage environment that little guy will stop people from dying.

A setup like this would make you extremely difficult to deal with.

Mundas stones work in bgs. Fyi.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run as a pally type. Heavy armor, tanky, tough to bring down once my house is laid down. BG beast.