Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Houseguest Nodes Need Emote Assignment

FaylenSol
FaylenSol
✭✭✭✭
Just another thing to cycle through like walk speed. Let us cycle through the emotes we've unlocked or better yet hold the button input to open a menu listing them and assign it to the node. Like the mockup image below:

EXAMPLE.png

Limit the emotes that would actually apply to the node. Obviously a mount or non-combat pet can't perform a dance (Although I would love it if they could).

But we should be able to cycle through their various idles.

This is a feature that would take houseguests to the next level. I can have my cook actually use those cool new emotes you sold me a few weeks ago. Make them look like they are salting the meat or threatening another houseguest with a rolling pin.

Or have a guest hammer at a wall (Fallout 4 Sanctuary Vibes all over again).

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could not agree more! I really really hope that ZOS is working to add emotes to houseguest pathing! It would certainly increase my likelihood of buying both more houseguests and more emotes! ;)
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a awesome idea, I would love to assigned an emote to a houseguest.
  • FaylenSol
    FaylenSol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could not agree more! I really really hope that ZOS is working to add emotes to houseguest pathing! It would certainly increase my likelihood of buying both more houseguests and more emotes! ;)

I agree. I would make sure I get every emote and house guest in the game, paid ones included, just for this feature.
  • sashabeear1000
    I wish they could sit if they come across a furnishing that is "sittable".
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they add something like this to non combat pets as well. I want to make my packrat nap on a chair or have my cat actually sit down instead of standing there all day looking very uncomfortable. They do have these animations and will do them from time to time, but I'd rather assign the animations to them.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they added emote idles + sitting + letting us change their outfits/costumes, I could definitely see myself actually using all the houseguests I've been collecting. Also, no more fidgeting in bed.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are using Idles already, aren't they?🤔

You can make them wait at a node for an amount of time. Right?
    And then they start to make their usual, probably predetermined, idles.

But choosing that idle animation would be awesome!😁
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making them able to interact with interactable objects would be nice too. Like chairs and cooking stations.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • FaylenSol
    FaylenSol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    If they added emote idles + sitting + letting us change their outfits/costumes, I could definitely see myself actually using all the houseguests I've been collecting. Also, no more fidgeting in bed.

After doing a lot more housework it has re-invigorated my desire for literally this.

It would improve my housing experience tenfold.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to select a furniture item as a node, so that the character “uses” that node, would solve a lot of situations. Sit in a chair, drink at the bar, cook at the provisioning station …
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like house guests to be more like the companions in Fallout 76, they wander about your camp using crafting stations, say lines, sleeping, sitting and walking in and out of your house. The guests in ESO seem more like animated mannequins that you can program.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    My +1 to keep this thread moving.