The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to fix Proc Set scaling for PvP

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
Just exclude scalable procs from PvP.

We've seen the success of (overly broad) no-proc cyro. Reduce the exclusion to prohibit just these scaling procs and apply it to all PvP.

These scaling proc sets are five in PvE, just remove the free damage/healing BS from PvP, but allow all the other conditional sets for greater variety.
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just exclude scalable procs from PvP.

We've seen the success of (overly broad) no-proc cyro. Reduce the exclusion to prohibit just these scaling procs and apply it to all PvP.

These scaling proc sets are five in PvE, just remove the free damage/healing BS from PvP, but allow all the other conditional sets for greater variety.

100% agree, best solution ever, make them scale of 4K wpn/spell dmg whatever just put all the scale-able proc set to the garbage we don't need them we don't want them.
    Edited by WoppaBoem on April 28, 2021 6:09PM
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Curious to what you have tested on the PTS?

Edited by Girl_Number8 on April 28, 2021 6:12PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious to what you have tested on the PTS?

Nothing...which is to say "enough."

Between the content on YouTube, the discussion here, and my ability to read patch notes and understand PVP, it's not hard to see the problems the current PTS proc set scaling creates.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove the free damage/healing BS from PvP, but allow all the other conditional sets for greater variety.

And what, give Free Sustain Procs to classes with great built-in damage?

Or Free Defense Procs to classes with great built-in sustain?

With scaled Damage and Healing Procs, those Sustain and Defense Proc sets will be the only "free" ones, no?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove the free damage/healing BS from PvP, but allow all the other conditional sets for greater variety.

With scaled Damage and Healing Procs, those Sustain and Defense Proc sets will be the only "free" ones, no?

At least with stat procs, the fundamentals of damage and healing are again governed by skills and the GCD. Damage and healing procs defy this core balancing factor, often resulting in a oversized emphasis on wearing specific sets rather than deftly activating skills and abilities.

Would removing damage and healing proc sets hurt some classes more than others? Yes, but free damage and healing sets shouldn't be used as a band-aid for class balance. Without them muddying the water, achieving true class balance for PVP should be easier.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on April 28, 2021 6:47PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At least with stat procs, the fundamentals of damage and healing are again governed by skills and the GCD. Damage and healing procs defy this core balancing factor, often resulting in a oversized emphasis on wearing specific sets rather than deftly activating skills and abilities.

Would removing damage and healing proc sets hurt some classes more than others? Yes, but free damage and healing sets shouldn't be used as a band-aid for class balance. Without them muddying the water, achieving true class balance for PVP should be easier.

Well I didn't mean Stat Procs like 7th or PA, I meant like Engine Guardian, Warlock, Trappings, Bloodspawn, Pariah, on and on.

All of the Delayed Burst skills also have a damage proc which escapes the GCD, right? So what that it took a GCD a few seconds prior to activate it, the whole concept of this Delayed Burst is that some of the damage escapes the normal temporal constraints of dealing damage. This is why we see such a strong imbalance between the classes with strong Delayed Burst and without in No Procrodiil, don't you think? These sorts of skills, and the classes that have them, also alleviate the necessity of activating skills compared to the more difficult to play classes, to produce an overall similar level of HPS and DPS. It's not just that the 3 stronger classes hit harder with these skills, you simply have to work harder on some classes to even come close to the same level of HPS/DPS.

Just points for discussion. I can go either way with all of this, I like playing Necro well enough.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words, Warlock, Trappings, these are "free fuel" for kits that already have some turbo-charged, rule-breaking way of dealing damage.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I didn't mean Stat Procs like 7th or PA, I meant like Engine Guardian, Warlock, Trappings, Bloodspawn, Pariah, on and on.

I feel fine about all conditional sets that don't directly heal or do damage. (Honestly, the weak damage and healing procs are not a problem either, but they are on the same spectrum as the problematic ones, and ought to be excluded as part of an overall restriction.)
    All of the Delayed Burst skills also have a damage proc which escapes the GCD, right? So what that it took a GCD a few seconds prior to activate it, the whole concept of this Delayed Burst is that some of the damage escapes the normal temporal constraints of dealing damage. This is why we see such a strong imbalance between the classes with strong Delayed Burst and without in No Procrodiil, don't you think? These sorts of skills, and the classes that have them, also alleviate the necessity of activating skills compared to the more difficult to play classes, to produce an overall similar level of HPS and DPS. It's not just that the 3 stronger classes hit harder with these skills, you simply have to work harder on some classes to even come close to the same level of HPS/DPS.

Just points for discussion. I can go either way with all of this, I like playing Necro well enough.

Totally agree. Delayed damage burst skills very potent, and set some classes above others. But they still fit into the global cooldown scheme. The solution here is to find a way for all classes to have skills that allow for delayed burst, albeit in a variety of ways to avoid homogenization.

Just giving everyone access to sets that do large amounts of burst damage on top of an activated skill feels like a shortcut that reduces the overall intricacy of player versus player combat, and avoids the needed work of class balancing.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel fine about all conditional sets that don't directly heal or do damage. (Honestly, the weak damage and healing procs are not a problem either, but they are on the same spectrum as the problematic ones, and ought to be excluded as part of an overall restriction.)

Totally agree. Delayed damage burst skills very potent, and set some classes above others. But they still fit into the global cooldown scheme. The solution here is to find a way for all classes to have skills that allow for delayed burst, albeit in a variety of ways to avoid homogenization.

Just giving everyone access to sets that do large amounts of burst damage on top of an activated skill feels like a shortcut that reduces the overall intricacy of player versus player combat, and avoids the needed work of class balancing.

Yeah, I still think there are ways classes could be relevant without Delayed Burst, DoT also escapes the GCD obviously, but this is all another subject.

My point was really that I just can't separate Engine Guardian from the Dirty Rat set. They're both on the same level to me.

I would be completely fine with limiting all sets beyond the 19 sets in Cyro to DK, Templar, and NB. This would be reasonably balanced, from my view.

Edited by Urzigurumash on April 28, 2021 7:24PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I still think there are ways classes could be relevant without Delayed Burst, DoT also escapes the GCD obviously, but this is all another subject.

My point was really that I just can't separate Engine Guardian from the Dirty Rat set. They're both on the same level to me.

I would be completely fine with limiting all sets beyond the 19 sets in Cyro to DK, Templar, and NB. This would be reasonably balanced, from my view.

Lol, engine guardian is definitely one of the hardest to categorize given it's multi-effect nature. I say exclude it too! It is a healing proc (1/3 of the time at least). And I hate the cheap body blocking it provides.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of comments, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should stay on the topic at hand.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of comments, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should stay on the topic at hand.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-

You should come into PvP you would be made
    Edited by WoppaBoem on April 28, 2021 8:54PM
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only