The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Cross faction teaming

genzo528
genzo528
Is there anyway we can kill off cross faction teams in cyrodiil? It seems guilds being cross faction just supports cross faction teaming. Some of the cross faction teaming guilds use imperial city also to do guild runs on different factions for there own gain and ruin it for others and then they come to cyrodiil and use it the same way to help each other farm ap, tel var or sell emp runs or to give to guildies emp at the expense of ruining it for everyone else. Over the years it seems unless your new to the game everyone knows cross factions teams is a thing and its just a joke how broken it is, how the game is now maybe 3 way teams dont work for cyrodiil because it gets abused or the cross faction guilds dont work, its just anoying seeing groups from 2 diff factions defending each others bases or standing around each other and i,v now seen it in every campaign iv been in so it motivsted me to post about it, but wonder if its even too late to even be fixed at this point which is a shame when for many cyrodiil is the best part of the game. I assume people whoare into the cross faction teaming will not like this lol i
Edited by genzo528 on April 18, 2021 1:40AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join the Faction-locked campaign? It's not perfect, but for the most part it functions as intended: players are locked to one faction for the duration of the campaign. If you prefer No CP, you might join the folks asking for a faction-locked No CP campaign.

That being said, it's a good thing that we have the option for non-locked PVP. After ZOS removed the faction locks, many people joined cross-faction guilds or want to PVP with friends on different factions. ZOS opened that door; it's not fair to slam it shut.
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    Yeah but cross faction guilds still support it , im not talking about small level just corss faction gaming for having fun with buddies i mean where it gats taken advantage of and even the locked campaign sometimes gets affected, i think because it affects all pvp appart from bg it should be looked into, i got some videos of the cross faction team where its just too much rare occassions you will have more blue defending yellow bases than yellow. And if you need to allow it just allow it on one campaign. The cross faction ones sometimes your see your team mates on the other faction a few minutes after playing with them. I just want it to be more fair and fun for the people who feel they just have to put up with it.
    Edited by genzo528 on April 18, 2021 1:55AM
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    Just then i had cross faction teaming in grayhost, 4-5 blues came to help yellow again but dont attack yellow, i been playing less and less over the months getting board of the brokeness but since i heard microsoft own it i hoped they would listen and fix it some how. Doesnt always work out i seen my reds take blue and yellow zerging use at the same time a couple times.
    Edited by genzo528 on April 18, 2021 2:11AM
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    genzo528 wrote: »
    Just then i had cross faction teaming in grayhost, 4-5 blues came to help yellow again but dont attack yellow, i been playing less and less over the months getting board of the brokeness but since i heard microsoft own it i hoped they would listen and fix it some how. Doesnt always work out i seen my reds take blue and yellow zerging use at the same time a couple times.

DC & AD hooking up? That kinda boggles my mind, as DC is about as anti-AD as you can get. From the DC point of view, I see team orange all the time. Heck just tonight EP rolled into a AD keep DC was taking and started attacking DC, it looked like they were defending the AD keep on the ground for AD (although I think/hope EP probably just wanted it for themselves).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no way to stop Team Green/Purple/Orange. Everyone does it, usually because it makes tactical sense at the moment. Depending on the objective, there's no reason to tangle with every enemy just because they are there. For example, if I'm Pact trying to dethrone a DC Emperor at their last keep, it makes no sense for my raid to attack the AD raid that shows up to help with the dethrone.

Most Team Orange/Green/Purple stuff is just what happens in an AvAvA game. By design, everyone feels like it's A v A+A. Heck, that's why we have Emp bonuses - it's because the other two alliances are expected to work together for the dethrone and so the defending alliance gets buffs so they can handle it.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This problem is very common in non-alliance-locked campaigns.

Grey host may help in terms of that, but the server is simply laggy.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think this is necessarily "cross faction teaming". I think this is just solo players choosing to ignore other solos, I know on ps4 na a lot of solos have this unspoken rule to leave each other be unless one attacks the other. Because large groups continuously target solos even when they're not at objectives(they could just be in open field), and since it's hard playing solo they just let them be unless they attack first. Now I'm not saying this is impossible to happen, but I've seen this happen many times in Gray host and I myself do the same, I'll leave a solo if I see he's getting targeted by 6+ players at once even if he's an enemy faction. And if it's not that, it's probably same guildmates and their guild holds this policy of not targeting other guild members
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭

There's no way to stop Team Green/Purple/Orange. Everyone does it, usually because it makes tactical sense at the moment. Depending on the objective, there's no reason to tangle with every enemy just because they are there. For example, if I'm Pact trying to dethrone a DC Emperor at their last keep, it makes no sense for my raid to attack the AD raid that shows up to help with the dethrone..

That makes sense. What doesn't makes sense is PC NA Greyhost Blue in 3rd Place, Yellow is 1st Place and Red and Yellow refuse to fight each other and continue to Team Orange Blue. Other servers I'm sure the dynamic is different but the effect is the same.

Having said that, what can Zos do about it? My only suggestion would be to treat cyro like BGs and slot players into each faction as needed. Thats a little far feached or course.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »

There's no way to stop Team Green/Purple/Orange. Everyone does it, usually because it makes tactical sense at the moment. Depending on the objective, there's no reason to tangle with every enemy just because they are there. For example, if I'm Pact trying to dethrone a DC Emperor at their last keep, it makes no sense for my raid to attack the AD raid that shows up to help with the dethrone..

That makes sense. What doesn't makes sense is PC NA Greyhost Blue in 3rd Place, Yellow is 1st Place and Red and Yellow refuse to fight each other and continue to Team Orange Blue. Other servers I'm sure the dynamic is different but the effect is the same.

Having said that, what can Zos do about it? My only suggestion would be to treat cyro like BGs and slot players into each faction as needed. Thats a little far feached or course.

In those situations, the 1st and 2nd place are picking the more convenient target.

Could be that 1st place rolls around in unkillable zergs and 2nd place just doesn't want to deal with that so they target 3rd because its an opponent they can actually kill.

Could be because 2nd place realizes that they cannot overtake 1st, so they focus more on 3rd to ensure they keep their place. Then 1st dogpiles on 3rd because 3rd is focusing all their defense on 2nd's side of the map and the keeps on the border with 1st are basically free real estate.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those of us in cross-faction guilds are not teaming up. Honestly it only means if a couple of my friends/guildmates are at a rss and just looking for a smaller scale fight, I'm not going to send a zerg in zone or call it out. It's nothing that impacts scoring on the grand scale. Those of us who primarily PvP also have a our own sort of code of ethics and people we've met along the way that we respect or are friendly with.
    Edited by ks888 on June 7, 2021 5:58PM
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »

As a Pact Loyalist, I would hate being randomly told to play for AD or DC. Not to mention, I like to play with my guild, who have been Pact loyal for years.

So a hard pass on that idea from me.

And there's a lot of reasons to focus the third place team, but I'm pretty skeptical that Red and Yellow are actually refusing to fight each other on a consistent basis.

Here's why: I play EP on PC/NA. Every night, there's constant fighting with DC in the Chalman - Bleakers - Aleswell corridor and constant fighting with AD in the BRK - Sejanus - Alessia corridor. EP is always fighting on two fronts.

And yet I sometimes hear EP players say that "AD and DC never fight each other!"

Uh, huh. If EP is usually fighting on two fronts where I can see the battles, what's the likelihood that there's not also constant fighting along the Ash- Nickel - Roebuck corridor which I conveniently don't see because I rarely pay attention to that side of the map?

It's a matter of perspective. In fact, Cyrodiil's PVP is deliberately designed to produce the feeling that an AvAvA zone is A v A+A. And that's why EP blames Team Green, AD blames Team Purple, DC blames Team Orange, and often all in the same campaign!
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a matter of perspective. In fact, Cyrodiil's PVP is deliberately designed to produce the feeling that an AvAvA zone is A v A+A. And that's why EP blames Team Green, AD blames Team Purple, DC blames Team Orange, and often all in the same campaign!

The only way that there could be no feelings of "Team Orange/Purple/Green" would be if the three factions played ring around the rosy with the emp keeps.

It'd be like a spinny wheel of NPC-guard death.
    Edited by ealdwin on April 19, 2021 5:06PM
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    Ok maybe the guild cross faction teams are only xbox but im in grayhost which is locked and seeing a ball yellow and a ball blue group walk in the front door of our keep and mixed in with each other and only casting heals and buff so there only aim was us you can tell how they all moved together for so long then split to divide us it was 16 - 20+ ish per team and we still won but it is completly broken on xbox. I find myself playing less and less because it has been a thing in every single server on xbox and i spent time in them all.
    Edited by genzo528 on April 20, 2021 3:28AM
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    So ita more than just a few friends wanting to play together
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok maybe the guild cross faction teams are only xbox but im in grayhost which is locked and seeing a ball yelliw and a ball blue group walk in the front door of our keep at mixed in with each other and only casting heals and buff so there only aim was us it was 16 - 20+ ish per team and we still won but it is completly broken on xbox.

If you had enough people to beat 2 ballgroups then the groups were right to prioritize you and ignore each other.
    Edited by Crash427 on April 20, 2021 3:27AM
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    Lol its not how the game is meant to be played it was our home keep. They came in as one big group they have more population than we do because people use guildes to cross faction team
    Edited by genzo528 on April 20, 2021 3:31AM
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    It would be better if there was only 2 teams as much as i like the idea of 3 but it gets exploited too much.
    Edited by genzo528 on April 20, 2021 3:32AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be better if there was only 2 teams as much as i like the idea of 3 but it gets exploited too much.

What would be the 2 teams? Fight for the Imperials or fighting against them?
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    Im not talking about story line just gameplay and it being broken. I came up with 5 possible solutions but dont think all would work. Ill post them tomorrow.
    Edited by genzo528 on April 20, 2021 3:54AM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the number of outposts in close proximity to the red home keeps it's no wonder red and blues double team ol EP.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of my best days in Cyrodiil were spent in a large 3 faction zerg, all wearing the same guild tabbard, and just making the rounds showing up at keep battles and confusing the hell out of other players.

Those were the days ...
    mueba.gif

Edited by SirAndy on April 20, 2021 5:22AM
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    Another example on xbox in grayhost yesturday and today blues defend yellows last emp keep and pushing pushing reds to up keeps
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    What could be changed is stop guild chat in cyrodiil to the opposing factions, or cut cross faction guilds out the game, let everyone have any allince any race toons but make them choose one faction account bound. too many big guilds abuse it and manipulate the map, and it ruins it for others.
    Edited by genzo528 on April 26, 2021 5:43PM
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    Or allow cross faction guilds for pve but stop guild chat in cyrodiil to the opposing factions, let everyone have any allince any race toons but make them choose one faction account bound.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Some of my best days in Cyrodiil were spent in a large 3 faction zerg, all wearing the same guild tabbard, and just making the rounds showing up at keep battles and confusing the hell out of other players.

Those were the days ...
    mueba.gif

You make a really good case for guild faction lock.
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    Another example on xbox in grayhost yesturday and today blues defend yellows last emp keep and pushing pushing reds to up keeps

I agree its a problem. But its even worse when they are literally messaging either to trade info and coordinate. Or even worse getting on voice chat together and trading ap. There are a bunch of guilds I quit on PC NA Blackreach being the absolute worse and you can assume why its such a dead campaign.

But an above poster brings up a good point, condoning such behavior causes it to fester and encourages people to make alt accounts to do the same thing in grayhost. But anothe above poster exposes the fact half the commujnity thingk there is nothing wrong with it, and were vocal enough to stop ZOS from implementing locked campaigns.

At least lock no cp. Leave blackreach for the deplorables. lol
    Edited by CooloutAC on April 27, 2021 7:27PM
  • Meetray
    Meetray
    Soul Shriven
    I have to say, I agree with the original poster 100%. I am on ad, and I have seen this cross alliance pact play break campaigns. Not only do opposite factions work together all the time, but the way that emperor is sold and bought is astounding.

As an example, this month ad started off strong.
    Everyone was excited because we had an emp that everybody liked. But the emp didn't belong to one of the major guilds and was getting DM's from major guilds, demanding that he step down. This became such an impediment that the emperor literally left the campaign in order to give it off to somebody else. And so what we keep seeing is emperors dodging out of campaigns to allow the person behind them to get emp. The title is being bought and sold and it sucks the morale completely out of the PVP players who want to play.

I am one such player. Along with a group of people who really want to play PVP but who get disgusted with the way that the big guilds are manipulating the map on a near constant basis. They are ruining the game for those of us who just want to play a fair game. And, you are correct, when you say that that blue and yellow have worked together blue and red work together red and yellow work together. The big guilds are bartering and manipulating the map on all of the factions. They starved out the emperor that we had at the beginning of the month. Refusing to play until he stepped down from emperor so that they could continue buying and selling the emperor title. This happens so consistently that it seems like a feature, not a bug. And it's not just ad, this is happening with all of the major guilds in all of the factions.

Maybe they could install some sort of failsafe that would prevent you from rejoining a campaign if you abandon it? Either way these cheaters have to be brought to heal, because they are truly ruining it for everybody else. I have been playing PVP for a long time and my morale is so low watching the way that this works every month that I've been pushed out of PVP again. I did a random search today not truly expecting to find anything and here is this post. So please pay attention to this and try to fix it this is truly ruining PVP for a lot of die hard ESO players.

Oh, and I play in Gray host. So it is not stopping this behavior in Gray host at all. At least not as far as I can tell

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, huh. If EP is usually fighting on two fronts where I can see the battles, what's the likelihood that there's not also constant fighting along the Ash- Nickel - Roebuck corridor which I conveniently don't see because I rarely pay attention to that side of the map?

It's a matter of perspective.

And from the AD perspective, we get a lot more Roe to Ash action than we do Alessia to BRK. In fact, you hear a lot of "Why isn't DC attacking EP?" every single day. And I'm sure the DC players have a different take on it as well.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When looking for that new PvP recipe, I like to search between Ash and Roe. There is very little PvP in that area.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    When looking for that new PvP recipe, I like to search between Ash and Roe. There is very little PvP in that area.

You wouldn't be wrong, though. There is a higher turnover of nodes along the roads and commonly used paths, which increases your odds of coming upon a fresh spawn.... which could be a book. I would say that almost half of the recipes I've found have been within sight of a road or other transit point between keeps.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.