Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Cross faction teaming

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CooloutAC wrote: »
    genzo528 wrote: »
    Another example on xbox in grayhost yesturday and today blues defend yellows last emp keep and pushing pushing reds to up keeps

I agree its a problem. But its even worse when they are literally messaging either to trade info and coordinate. Or even worse getting on voice chat together and trading ap. There are a bunch of guilds I quit on PC NA Blackreach being the absolute worse and you can assume why its such a dead campaign.

But an above poster brings up a good point, condoning such behavior causes it to fester and encourages people to make alt accounts to do the same thing in grayhost. But anothe above poster exposes the fact half the commujnity thingk there is nothing wrong with it, and were vocal enough to stop ZOS from implementing locked campaigns.

At least lock no cp. Leave blackreach for the deplorables. lol

ZOS can solve the AP trading exploit by extendingthe cooldown time and reduce the AP gained from killing the same opponent repeatedly.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol the concept of people being upset about transfactional players, the team orange/green/purple freak outs and people not understanding that not everyone is going to just attack someone from a dif faction every time they see one make me chuckle this far into the game.....Having the ability to play a toon on a different faction in pvp means not being stuck playing the alliance that is zerging hard and gating people etc (not everyone likes to zerg...it also gives people chances to play with the friends they have made over the years that play different alliances......the nature of AvAvA means that the green/purple/orange will happen organically at times, either in diff alliances zerging a keep together or a red and blue or yellow and red etc involved in xing together in a field..it is bound to just happen (yes there are prob some organized instances but most are not)... a lot of people take these imaginary factions way tooo seriously....your pixel king is not going to be mad if you don't zerg down that solo......long story short..of all the problems that plague cyrodiil, multi faction guilds would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list of things that need to addressed.....imho

ps...put doors back on resource towers please
    Edited by wazzz56 on May 25, 2021 12:20PM
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the correct procedure for dealing with the attention seekers who run scrolls out of safe keeps to hand over to their friends on other alliances?

This happens more and more on PC EU these days as cyro population continues its death-spiral and is leaving a hardcore of sweaty nerds as the main player base.

Do we make video clips of the players responsible and send them in? If we report, will anything happen?

I don't think they are even doing it to help the other alliance win most of the time. They are just desperate for e-fame and too ugly for tiktok.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on May 26, 2021 7:56PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    What is the correct procedure for dealing with the attention seekers who run scrolls out of safe keeps to hand over to their friends on other alliances?

This happens more and more on PC EU these days as cyro population continues its death-spiral and is leaving a hardcore of sweaty nerds as the main player base.

Do we make video clips of the players responsible and send them in? If we report, will anything happen?

I don't think they are even doing it to help the other alliance win most of the time. They are just desperate for e-fame and too ugly for tiktok.

There is no procedure. ZOS considers that part of the game. It would be impossible to police anyway. It doesn't happen as much in GH because of the Alliance lock. No one can just hop on their character from another alliance to steal the hammer behind the gate or pick up a scroll just to run it back to their homies on another color.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, cross faction teaming is part of the game but it is really a problem nonetheless. Since M2M began, I can count on 1 hand the number of time I have seen AD and DC fight each other on Grayhost and I have been on a lot. I get that factions will attack the strongest to close the gap on the scorecard, but even this is to an extreme. There has been several times a day, the exact same predictable joint strategy occurs like clockwork where each take certain keeps at the exact same time, move in a coordinated manner through the map to attempt to gate EP, then EP turtles Arius while both attack from different sides. When EP finally pushes one of them out, the other faction comes over to assist. When both get pushed out, they run circles around Arius taking different resources while EP gets them back. Neither come into contact with each other, carefully avoiding each other while concentrating on EP. At some point, EP finally overwhelms them and pushes both out and starts taking home keeps back and occasionally some of DC and AD keeps. Pretty much the same thing every few hours in Grayhost. Every now and then they fight a short battle over Ash or Brindle which I attribute to PUGS not fully understanding the agreements they made with each other. I really shouldn't be complaining too much about this though, because the AP is amazing when this happens and kill quests fill up faster than the Rewards for the Worthy spam.

To add more consternation, the DC ball groups that use 3rd party software to automate much of their coordinated group play come out and start harassing EP (I don't ever remember seeing DC ball groups attack AD except when they backdoor them to harass EP). Fortunately, despite their custom APIs and add-ons, they have been failing more than succeeding lately. The only real irritating thing that occurs when fighting them are the bugs their 3rd party software cause especially the stuck in combat bug which I only ever seem to get when fighting certain DC ball groups.

I love M2M, but this sequence is getting really old.
    Edited by Feaky on July 2, 2021 10:45PM
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feaky wrote: »
    To add more consternation, the DC ball groups that use 3rd party software to automate much of their coordinated group play come out and start harassing EP (I don't ever remember seeing DC ball groups attack AD except when they backdoor them to harass EP). Fortunately, despite their custom APIs and add-ons, they have been failing more than succeeding lately. The only real irritating thing that occurs when fighting them are the bugs their 3rd party software cause especially the stuck in combat bug which I only ever seem to get when fighting certain DC ball groups.

What makes you think their coordination and gameplay is 'automated'?

We do all the same type of things with ballgroups on console without having third-party software whatsoever. We also have the same stuck in combat bugs, again, without any external add-on's as a possible cause.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened recently on PC NA Grey Host.
    AD intentionally handed the scroll of the EP that was in the fort of AD to DC.
    DC continued to troll after getting the EP scroll, and after about an hour he jumped into the river during non-combat and returned the EP scroll to AD.

When I asked a friend of the famous DC ball group, he said, "We have a secret cooperation with the AD ball groups."
    AD and DC have a secret transaction.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC continued to troll after getting the EP scroll, and after about an hour he jumped into the river during non-combat and returned the EP scroll to AD.

When I asked a friend of the famous DC ball group, he said, "We have a secret cooperation with the AD ball groups."

Secret cooperation.

200.gif
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Happened recently in Cyrodiil. The EP scroll was in the hands of AD. The AD lost the scroll to DC. DC ran the scroll to the slaughterfish. The scroll returns to the previous owners castle (AD).

Conclusion: there is a secret agenda to beat EP.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO there is a sort of running gag of fight who has the EP scroll when we know EP going to come in and try to run over the map when nobody else has any numbers. EP is also in first from doing that; so there is a mutual interest in payback and closing the score.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Happened recently in Cyrodiil. The EP scroll was in the hands of AD. The AD lost the scroll to DC. DC ran the scroll to the slaughterfish. The scroll returns to the previous owners castle (AD).

Depending on a number of factors (current score, number of people on, how the map looks, what enemy groups are running, etc), it's not unheard of to let the other faction walk away with an enemy scroll you control. Usually to avoid getting double teamed when your numbers are low.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Depending on a number of factors (current score, number of people on, how the map looks, what enemy groups are running, etc), it's not unheard of to let the other faction walk away with an enemy scroll you control. Usually to avoid getting double teamed when your numbers are low.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

It's understandable that DC robs EP scrolling in AD.
    But it's a problem to deliberately return it to AD without making an effort to bring it into DC territory.
    It is an act of insulting people other than the Ball group guild who are seriously playing in DC.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the nature of having 3 alliances. Two will always attack one.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if a certain guild leader who recently moved to NA GH EP faction hadn't boasted he would gate AD for the entire month or the EP faction that pvdoors the map overnight then EP players may have a point, but they made their bed so have to sleep in it.