Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CC's are being overused to the detriment of gameplay.

Thanos7895
Thanos7895
✭✭✭
The massive number of available CC's in the game coupled with lack of reliable CC immunity has degrade the gamplay so much that ZOS need to take action on this. The gameplay has turned into a war of CC's.

Please fix ASAP!
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what ? cc immunity is actually skilless play. in which skillfull combat in an mmo did u see cc immunity. cc and breaking out of it are keyfactors of a skillfull combat and immunity is whats skilless. id say immunities should be shorter.

take for example blade and soul and dcuo (which had tournaments too).
    Edited by Noctus on April 21, 2021 1:32AM
  • Thanos7895
    Thanos7895
    ✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    what ? cc immunity is actually skilless play. in which skillfull combat in an mmo did u see cc immunity. cc and breaking out of it are keyfactors of a skillfull combat and immunity is whats skilless.

I am referring to the fact that I can break free multiple times and not actually get out of the numerous CC's that are layered on top of me. Breaking free should release me from it shouldn't it?

If I need to break free multiple times and still not get out of it I am taking the damage the entire time. This has led what is now occurring where the game has become a war of CCs where you can lock people down and they cannot get out of it and that doesn't make for fun gameplay.
    Edited by Thanos7895 on April 21, 2021 2:01AM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you say is simply not possible, unless game lags so hard it doesn't recognize you breaking.

You might get the idea that you are stunned when you are actually rooted.

CC immunities like what? Ulti? Skill? If you put CC immunity on a skill that doesn't give tonns of downsides, it will be used by everyone.
  • Thanos7895
    Thanos7895
    ✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »
    What you say is simply not possible, unless game lags so hard it doesn't recognize you breaking.

CC immunities like what? Ulti? Skill? If you put CC immunity on a skill that doesn't give tonns of downsides, it will be used by everyone.

This is in fact what is happening:
    I get CC by multiple people using streak or bombard or encase or who know what combination/numbers of massive number of CCs available in the game.
    I break free - It consumes stamina I am still CC'd
    I dodge roll and it consumes stamina I am still CC'd
    I break free again it consumes stamina
    I am dead because I was locked down in combat unable to move or block.

This is not fun gameplay and this is what is routinely happening in Cyro. CCs are being used as a crutch and the counter play is all but gone.

If I break free I should be released and able to move, block etc. Afterwards I should have some sort of immunity from CCs for a short period of time (1-5 Sec) which would provide the counter play that makes for good gameplay.

What we have now is just a CC fest with some player(s) in the back firing siege or attacking from range for the kills

Edited by Thanos7895 on April 21, 2021 2:25AM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think this guy actually wanna complain about root not stun becouse stun immunity is ~6 seconds after breaking free.
    im also convinced he confuses both so he ends up in CC alot which is a l2p issue tho.
    Edited by Noctus on April 21, 2021 4:49AM
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanos7895 wrote: »
    I get CC by multiple people using streak or bombard or encase or who know what combination/numbers of massive number of CCs available in the game.
    I break free - It consumes stamina I am still CC'd
    I dodge roll and it consumes stamina I am still CC'd
    I break free again it consumes stamina
    I am dead because I was locked down in combat unable to move or block.

Unless you are stunned, you can block and can heal. Immobilisation doesn't disallow you to do that.

Yes, they can be applied in different order. But if both applied at the same time, it is actually ez because that's stun break into roll and you get 7s stun immunity and 4s root immunity both. Root then stun is a bit harder, but if you heal up before roll it is still survivable.
    CCs are being used as a crutch and the counter play is all but gone.

CCs are just one of the forms of pressure, which allows to break enemy combos and apply burst pressure at the same time. It eats ~1GCD and considerable amount of stamina. Counterplay is sustain and toughness (that's why you see lots of people running 28k+ or running with 20k shields).
  • Thanos7895
    Thanos7895
    ✭✭✭

i think this guy actually wanna complain about root not stun becouse stun immunity is ~6 seconds after breaking free.
    im also convinced he confuses both so he ends up in CC alot which is a l2p issue tho.

This is not about root, stun or any other type of CC mechanics and it certainly isn't a l2p issue. You seem to want to get into the individual details of all the mechanics of each of the CC types which is not the point.

THIS is about counterplay in the game and the overuse of CCs to the gameplay's detriment. This caused by the layered CCs with the lack of a Global CC immunity after break free.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what ? cc immunity is actually skilless play. in which skillfull combat in an mmo did u see cc immunity. cc and breaking out of it are keyfactors of a skillfull combat and immunity is whats skilless. id say immunities should be shorter.

Actually, I've seen several MMOs with CC immunity. It's just that the CC immunity in this game doesn't work as intended. It's kind of easy in these threads to see who is crutching on CCs for any success on the field.
    Edited by Earthewen on April 21, 2021 1:35PM
  • Thanos7895
    Thanos7895
    ✭✭✭
    Counterplay is sustain and toughness (that's why you see lots of people running 28k+ or running with 20k shields)

This proves my point exactly:
    What great gameplay - Lets all run Tank builds because the lockdowns from CCs are too much.

• WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The massive number of available CC's in the game coupled with lack of reliable CC immunity has degrade the gamplay so much that ZOS need to take action on this. The gameplay has turned into a war of CC's.

Please fix ASAP!

Please slot the CP that auto breaks free every 21 seconds its awesome, plus try to be aware of major stuns like, meteor - leap - dawnbreaker - off balance dizzy and block these. Use line of sight that is actually the answer to everything. Good luck.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What great gameplay - Lets all run Tank builds because the lockdowns from CCs are too much.

Then you also want to nerf all the burst tools, because all those skelebombs, shalks, dizzy+executes + procs on top is what causing players to go high on health as well?
    THIS is about counterplay in the game and the overuse of CCs to the gameplay's detriment. This caused by the layered CCs with the lack of a Global CC immunity after break free.

There are global CC immunity timers. Two separate timers.
  • Thanos7895
    Thanos7895
    ✭✭✭

Then you also want to nerf all the burst tools, because all those skelebombs, shalks, dizzy+executes + procs on top is what causing players to go high on health as well?

There are global CC immunity timers. Two separate timers.

If they worked that would be great
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »

Actually, I've seen several MMOs with CC immunity. It's just that the CC immunity in this game doesn't work as intended. It's kind of easy in these threads to see who is crutching on CCs for any success on the field.

CC (stun) is always the most impactful ability in pvp.

So ESO has a wide assortment and availability of CC.

ESO has no skill cooldowns, or other mechanisms to prevent stun lock. So it has to have CC immunity.

ESO has a core ability to break stuns and gain CC immunity, but because of poor server performance it works poorly.

As long as break free doesn't work reliably, you cannot reduce immunity periods and you end up with de facto stun locks making it impossible for targets to respond.
    Edited by katorga on April 21, 2021 2:52PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

ESO has no skill cooldowns, or other mechanisms to prevent stun lock. So it has to have CC immunity.

ESO has a core ability to break stuns and gain CC immunity, but because of poor server performance it works poorly.

As long as break free doesn't work reliably, you cannot reduce immunity periods and you end up with de facto stun locks making it impossible for targets to respond.

I will sing this song once again. Immunity needs to be granted by the stun itself, not from break free. You get feared you are immune to further CC, you get streaked you are immune to further CC, you get dragon leaped you are immune to further CC. You get all 3 one after the other, and you are immune to the 2nd and 3rd hard CC. Once one of these CC elements is applied to you you are immune to further hard CC. You are still stunned from this initial CC until you break free, but you can no longer receive additional CC's from anyone else as you are immune to those. When you break free you do just that, break free of the single stun that is currently on you. You do not get immunity from break free, you got it from the first of the many CC's that came your way. Stuns should grant immunity themselves when being applied, break free should break the effect of the stun as a response to being stunned.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been that way for a while. Seems related to lag/desync and game execution.

I did slot the free breakfree CP star. It helped some to have the auto, but i still get ping ponged by multi dragon leap or stuck waiting for the bolt or fossilize stun to be over from time to time, regardless of stamina being full.

They are supposed to have new fancy hardware in U30? Should hopefully fix some of it.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes, the root of all our problems in Cyrodiil.
    PS | EU
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the current lag crisis, CCs are over performing. I do think something needs to be done to address this issue. As others have suggested, CC immunity should be built into the CC effect itself and not break free.

Given that 50% of the slottables in the red CP tree are based around CC immunity, Something should be done to make CC immunity actually reliable. As it stands, those stars are not worth slotting.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »

I will sing this song once again. Immunity needs to be granted by the stun itself, not from break free. You get feared you are immune to further CC, you get streaked you are immune to further CC, you get dragon leaped you are immune to further CC. You get all 3 one after the other, and you are immune to the 2nd and 3rd hard CC. Once one of these CC elements is applied to you you are immune to further hard CC. You are still stunned from this initial CC until you break free, but you can no longer receive additional CC's from anyone else as you are immune to those. When you break free you do just that, break free of the single stun that is currently on you. You do not get immunity from break free, you got it from the first of the many CC's that came your way. Stuns should grant immunity themselves when being applied, break free should break the effect of the stun as a response to being stunned.

Now that.....is so simple its pure genius. Every coder on the planet could do that---in a day no less.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of you might actually have the streak bug, alternately called the break free bug. This is checked by being able to repeatedly break free even when not in combat. Apparently the game just bugs the f*** out sometimes when you get streaked -- not sure if other CCs also cause this but we call it the streak bug for a reason. Also this means you cannot sprint while this bug is active, both on foot and mounted.

Solution is to either relog or take a quick jaunt to PVE-land and back.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group leaders know that CC is buggy and groups use it on purpose to F players up.
    Like, everyone in group including Stam DPS using Meteor, because it desyncs.
    Putting 4 sorcs on one key player in a group and constantly streaking that player and bombarding-of course they get the streak bug and have no stam.
    Edited by Hexquisite on April 25, 2021 4:04AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~