Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 30 - Bug Reports for Oblivion Portals

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing Oblivion Portals in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 20, 2021 3:53PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The map isn't properly aligned. I can be standing at the end of an island within an oblivion portal and looking at the map I appear to be in the lava.
  • Bastekk
    Bastekk
    ✭✭
    r9h1y7l7fzo9.png
    tk6k095onf34.png
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night I was in the Deadlands Public Dungeon. (Is this the right thread for that? I took an Oblivion Portal to get there.)

The final boss bugged out badly and repeatedly. There were about 10-15 people there, and attacking the boss (Duke of Storms) caused him to shield himself, regain all health slowly, and stand there in his shield with fire falling all around for a good five minutes. We reset him at least twice and then managed to light attack slowly enough that he went through several shield phases and finally died. It took deliberately terrible damage not to overdps him.
  • LuxanQualta
    LuxanQualta
    ✭✭✭
    Duke of Storms seems broken. This is for a non-organized activity. Fifty or so people put out their best DPS and he just stood there impervious to damage. I think everyone hung around a good 40 minutes without him losing the shield. It was only when all but a very few decided to give up that he dropped his shield briefly and the people left could not do enough damage to kill him before he went full shield again.

If this was a public dungeon, I am really confused because I took a portal near the Leyawiin wayshrine to get to this.

If the mechanic is not to over DPS the boss, then it is a fail. Unorganized groups are not suddenly going to discover the mechanic and work it out. People are looking to just try to melt a boss. If the "dolman equiv" is not going to be suitable for a lone adventurer or work with whatever kind of group attacks, then it seems to me to be in serious need of a rework. This was an extraordinary disappointment. I think it stings all the more because one of the streamers was running this boss and so not only am I not able to progress on this boss, that failure is being broadcast. Left a bad, bad taste in my mouth.
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just spent 25 minutes with a group of randoms trying to do the duke of storms. We manage using various tricks to get him to phase 2 but then he gets stuck until we all die or leave the area( end combat) before he resets and starts over. Impossible to kill this guy because he gets stuck in a shield/regen phase after the fire behemoths.

• ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed, these bugs happened to me too (terrible visual glitching and falling through the world in the tower, and also the problem with the Duke of Storms never-ending shield phase. It looks like there's some kind of mechanic that's supposed to allow breaking the shield, maybe killing an add wave as it looks like there are iron atronachs trying to spawn, but it never quite happens so the Duke gets stuck in his invulnerable phase. It started at around 41% boss health and his healt hgradually climbed, it was up to around 55% and then the boss reset. After a few goes at this I gave up.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThorianB wrote: »
    Just spent 25 minutes with a group of randoms trying to do the duke of storms. We manage using various tricks to get him to phase 2 but then he gets stuck until we all die or leave the area( end combat) before he resets and starts over. Impossible to kill this guy because he gets stuck in a shield/regen phase after the fire behemoths.

It's possible to kill him. I did it last night with a group. The trick is to light attack once every three seconds or so. Anything above that is "overdps" and bugs the shielding mechanic. It needs to happen at what looks like 75%, 50%, and 25%. If you push him past the next interval, the mechanic breaks.
  • Kaivalya
    Kaivalya
    ✭✭
    Duke has persistent, solid beige over its HP bar. That indicates a shield that can't be worn down by damage, right? Tried keeping him in the circles on the ground, keeping him out of them, but neither helped. His shield never went away. What the heck is going on? PTS is supposed to be perfect, right? It's when it goes live that they add the glitches. :smiley:
  • Kaivalya
    Kaivalya
    ✭✭
    My character was still there when I logged back on, but nobody else was. I soloed him down to about 1/3, and everything seemed to be working as intended. A few more people showed up, no problems finishing him off, although I stopped damage when they arrived, just in case.

Didn't seem to get anything for participating though, at least nothing that jumps out at me. If there was a treasure chest or something like that, I couldn't find it. Only thing to do was use a portal to leave.
  • Kaivalya
    Kaivalya
    ✭✭
    Oh, and after I left, I was stuck in combat. Red dot on compass pointing to where I zoned out, which is most likely where the portal that I used to enter had been. Didn't have to go too far to get out of combat though. I've seen that issue a lot worse before.
  • Kaivalya
    Kaivalya
    ✭✭
    I got credit for duke and a couple other things in Oblivion Obliterater achievement (should probably change that to "Obliterator", but no credit toward Defender of the Plane, if that was supposed to happen.
  • t3hnerevarine
    t3hnerevarine
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to enter the tower usually puts me on the wrong side of the door on the tower map, so im unable to finish and have to just toss myself into lava to respawn at the beginning of the oblivion portal
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:39PM