Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Ambrosia after todays patch (6.3.8)

crysis992
crysis992
✭✭✭
The patch notes state "Fixed a calculation error in the Rationer star’s effect."

Yesterday I could get 1 hour and 20 minutes out of an ambrosia with provisioning passives and this star slotted.
Now the star doesn't affect ambrosia at all and I'm back to 50 minutes with just the provisioning passive.

Is this a bug or indented? All other buff food works fine in it's extended duration with the passive slotted.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the tooltips are correct it should still be 1 hour, 20 minutes. Do you have the star slotted?
  • crysis992
    crysis992
    ✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    If the tooltips are correct it should still be 1 hour, 20 minutes. Do you have the star slotted?

No, the tooltip now says 30 minutes and gets extended to 50 minutes after use with the provisioning passive.
    The CP star is slotted but does no longer extend the duration after the patch.
  • Lintashi
    Lintashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably fixed a rare bug, that gave 1h40mins. I got it twice during anniversary event. First ambrosia taken that day, in Craglorn, twice gave me 1h40mins. All other times, it was as it should be, 1h20. My friend, who farmed foe exp every day, also said he got it once. But it probably happens as it was with Voidmother boss- trying to fix, broke it even more
    Edited by Lintashi on April 19, 2021 2:06PM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... I am going to hold fire on drinking a pot until this gets some clarification and use a scroll instead this evening.

Is not a good time to be wasting ambrosia.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crysis992 wrote: »

No, the tooltip now says 30 minutes and gets extended to 50 minutes after use with the provisioning passive.

The tooltip was always 30 minutes, but you should get 30 minutes more from Rationer and 20 minutes from Gourmand.

If you had the bug that extended the duration to 1:40, what you might be seeing is a reduction that was intended. If you ate the potion after the patch and are maxing at 50 minutes, and had Rationer slotted, it could be a problem.
  • crysis992
    crysis992
    ✭✭✭

The tooltip was always 30 minutes, but you should get 30 minutes more from Rationer and 20 minutes from Gourmand.

If you had the bug that extended the duration to 1:40, what you might be seeing is a reduction that was intended. If you ate the potion after the patch and are maxing at 50 minutes, and had Rationer slotted, it could be a problem.

No, before the patch the tooltip said 1 hour with the passive star slotted and extended to 1:20 after using it with the provisioning passive.

I have the CP star slotted and used a ambrosia but got only 50 minutes instead of 1:20 like it was before the patch.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, before the patch the tooltip said 1 hour with the passive star slotted and extended to 1:20 after using it with the provisioning passive.

I have the CP star slotted and used a ambrosia but got only 50 minutes instead of 1:20 like it was before the patch.

Did you let your Ambrosia completely run out? I have had some issues with Rationer not working properly if I refreshed an existing food/drink. I needed to wait for food/drink to completely run out, make sure Rationer was slotted, and then eat/drink to start a new buff. This was not with Ambrosia, just normal stat food, but might be something similar going on.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I had the same experience with the tooltip in game, but I had assumed that the Rationer star was "buffing" the tooltip value. Online sources show the base tooltip as being 30 minutes:

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Recipe:+Mythic+Aetherial+Ambrosia

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Psijic_Ambrosia

https://teso-guides.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-special-recipes-mythic-aetherial-ambrosia

I'm not trying to be argumentative, btw, I'm just trying to help parse this out a bit.

I'd post this in the bug forum and submit a ticket, just to get the ball rolling on getting ZOS to address it. If you can replicate it with another toon and show screen shots of the tooltip with Rationer slotted, then one with a timestamp without the potion, and one with a timestamp right after taking the potion with the remaining minutes, that would probably help a lot in proving the existence of the issue.

I'd also check to see if Rationer being slotted and de-slotted changes the time. Maybe now it needs to be slotted the entire time after you take the potion.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I just got in to PC-NA, and my ambrosia pots are working correctly so far (1 hour 20 minutes with Gourmand/Rationer) , and the tooltip says 30 minutes. Just FYI.
  • crysis992
    crysis992
    ✭✭✭
    So I just got in to PC-NA, and my ambrosia pots are working correctly so far (1 hour 20 minutes with Gourmand/Rationer) , and the tooltip says 30 minutes. Just FYI.

So its either a issue with my account or not working on PC-EU
    Just made a video that shows the slotted CP star and skill passive and the use of ambrosia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arqltK8_ClU
  • helixblack
    helixblack
    Soul Shriven

So its either a issue with my account or not working on PC-EU
    Just made a video that shows the slotted CP star and skill passive and the use of ambrosia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arqltK8_ClU

I'm on PC-NA and am having the same problem - 50 mins instead of 80.
    Edited by helixblack on April 19, 2021 5:45PM
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check Colovian War Torte. See if it’s also affected. Then perhaps just experience boosters were removed from utilizing the slottable ability.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just used an ambrosia got only the 50 minutes, rationer did not kick in even tho i had it slotted to begin with. WTF.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just used it on another char got rationer did not work
    Edited by shadyjane62 on April 19, 2021 7:23PM
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check Colovian War Torte. See if it’s also affected. Then perhaps just experience boosters were removed from utilizing the slottable ability.

This is the kind of thing that would be great to know if it were intentional or not via the patch notes, wouldn't you agree?
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the kind of thing that would be great to know if it were intentional or not via the patch notes, wouldn't you agree?

I could honestly care less. My CP gain hasn’t had anything to do with XP crafted pots.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I could honestly care less. My CP gain hasn’t had anything to do with XP crafted pots.

But I'm sure you would agree that there are those to whom this would be an important issue, and who would benefit from such knowledge?

I just consumed a new Aetherial Ambrosia potion and it's giving me 50 minutes as well.

@ZOS_GinaBruno was this new feature omitted from the patch notes or is it a bug?
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes should have been clear and not left vague like they were. The wording on the CP slottable Rationer should have been changed at least. "any drink" means any, not some.

If this change is on purpose and they handled it in the way they did with this very vague patch note, then shame on them. Players deserve better. They are currently one of the most expensive crafted items you can buy with gold in game. Players should know what they are getting.

This should have already been addressed VIA a forum post by now. Is this intended? Is it a bug? Please clear this up asap ZOS.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    The patch notes should have been clear and not left vague like they were. The wording on the CP slottable Rationer should have been changed at least. "any drink" means any, not some.

If this change is on purpose and they handled it in the way they did with this very vague patch note, then shame on them. Players deserve better. They are currently one of the most expensive crafted items you can buy with gold in game. Players should know what they are getting.

This should have already been addressed VIA a forum post by now. Is this intended? Is it a bug? Please clear this up asap ZOS.

You do realize there are no incremental patches between now and Chapter release right? Several weeks of developers focused on the new DLC and getting it out for PC and certified for console. Don’t expect any changes.

Furthermore I’m surprised that people thought this would go on, insane durations for XP pots well beyond the initial 30 mins. Using CP and skill points to push limits to almost an hour-and-a-half was clearly broken and unintended.

But I'm sure you would agree that there are those to whom this would be an important issue, and who would benefit from such knowledge?

I just consumed a new Aetherial Ambrosia potion and it's giving me 50 minutes as well.

@ZOS_GinaBruno was this new feature omitted from the patch notes or is it a bug?

Shouldn’t be a problem seeing as the vertical potential cap is being dropped from where it is now to around 1600 in the new chapter. Grinding XP was pointless as I’ve stated before. As for Aetherial Ambrosias I think players are finally realizing that they’re supposed to be super rare (can’t efficiently farm dust) and used sparingly but that you’re consuming the surplus. Get your fun in while you can but if you’re at 1800 already congrats you’re set for the future.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the change was intentional. The covid war torte also does not receive the rationer bonus.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm the colovian war torte no longer gives the 1:20 it should. It’s exactly like the OP stated.

Pretty much seems rationer is not being applied. I submitted a bug report also.
    Ray
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

The "Rationer" Champion Star was updated in PC patch v6.3.8 to only provide a duration bonus to stat-altering foods and drinks. This Champion Star was never intended to affect the duration of such foods and drinks, and we apologize for inadvertently missing this patch note.

In practical terms, this means it will no longer extend the duration of EXP-boosting Ambrosia drinks or Alliance Skill-boosting War Torte foods. It will still provide additional duration for foods and drinks that have a stat-focused component, such as Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye. Note that the "Gourmand" and "Connoisseur" Provisioner passive skills will still increase the duration of all foods or drinks, respectively, including Ambrosias and War Tortes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the clarification.

God forbid that the already costly XP/AP boost consumables that can be crafted in-game may have their duration extended beyond their crown store counterparts'.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on April 20, 2021 4:11PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the information. Any chance of updating the tooltip on Rationer to reflect this intention? The way it's currently worded, there is no way a player would know that the xp boosters are considered food/drink for the provisioning passives but not for Rationer.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

The "Rationer" Champion Star was updated in PC patch v6.3.8 to only provide a duration bonus to stat-altering foods and drinks. This Champion Star was never intended to affect the duration of such foods and drinks, and we apologize for inadvertently missing this patch note.

In practical terms, this means it will no longer extend the duration of EXP-boosting Ambrosia drinks or Alliance Skill-boosting War Torte foods. It will still provide additional duration for foods and drinks that have a stat-focused component, such as Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye. Note that the "Gourmand" and "Connoisseur" Provisioner passive skills will still increase the duration of all foods or drinks, respectively, including Ambrosias and War Tortes.

I can understand that decision being an arbitrary one but when I learned that that passive would work for experience pots, I didn't think it was an aberration, I thought it just made sense.

I just can't see the point of the Provisioning passives working but not the CP one.

Are there other examples of CP bonuses that have arbitrary conditions?

I fail to see the reasoning.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

I can understand that decision being an arbitrary one but when I learned that that passive would work for experience pots, I didn't think it was an aberration, I thought it just made sense.

I just can't see the point of the Provisioning passives working but not the CP one.

100/150% XP Scrolls last 1 hour and cannot be boosted in any way.

Equivalent pots can be crafted 'for free' but they last for 30 minutes, can be boosted by the relevant Provisioner passive but only to 50 minutes.

With Rationer however they exceeded the duration of the scrolls by a significant margin thus reducing their appeal.

This is unacceptable.

PS: This is something that was thought through AFTER the release of CP 2.0 when someone went 'wait a minute, we are potentially hindering sales here. Abort! Abort!'.

Change my mind.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on April 20, 2021 4:31PM
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I spent 5 million I wouldn't have due to your error. I would not have resubbed for a year if I had know. This has been a costly patch for me.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on April 20, 2021 4:33PM
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Examine it. I have a 30 min XP boost. My provisioning passives increase that to 50. It’s rather simple to level provisioning so everyone gets this boost.

Now let’s add the CP boost which has been reported to get players to 1.5 hrs or so. You’ve now tripled the duration. But at the same time you’ve also tripled leveling rates. Now you’ve created an imbalance. Those with high CP can now level almost 3 times faster than those with low CP. Triple the length of the boost consistently and more often. Those with high CP now increase the gap between them and lower players at a rate 3 times faster. And this includes XP adjustment ramping curves.

It’s illogical and clearly was never initially intended
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Examine it. I have a 30 min XP boost. My provisioning passives increase that to 50. It’s rather simple to level provisioning so everyone gets this boost.

Now let’s add the CP boost which has been reported to get players to 1.5 hrs or so. You’ve now tripled the duration. But at the same time you’ve also tripled leveling rates. Now you’ve created an imbalance. Those with high CP can now level almost 3 times faster than those with low CP. Triple the length of the boost consistently and more often. Those with high CP now increase the gap between them and lower players at a rate 3 times faster. And this includes XP adjustment ramping curves.

It’s illogical and clearly was never initially intended

Rationer's boost was 30 minutes, so that makes it 1 hr and 20 minutes. Some players, due a to glitch addressed in the latest patch, would get extra 20 minutes however this would benefit equally any player with enough CP to unlock the passive. It does not segregate low CP and high CP (whatever that means these days).

Any player with CP 195+ could unlock rationer (with max duration, 135+ to be on par with scrolls). The new CP system has been staunchly defended on the grounds that is all about choice. Well, here there is a meaningful choice in the green tree. Do you want extra duration from your consumables or do you want something else?

I think that the original choice and tooltip were perfectly logical; this distinction established with the latest patch is also logical but not due to the reasons presented in you argument.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on April 20, 2021 4:50PM