Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ambrosia after todays patch (6.3.8)

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification. It would be nice if ZOS would stop trying to slip these nerfs past the community. There will always be people that complain, and you are not helping by not being forthright with changes.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

The "Rationer" Champion Star was updated in PC patch v6.3.8 to only provide a duration bonus to stat-altering foods and drinks. This Champion Star was never intended to affect the duration of such foods and drinks, and we apologize for inadvertently missing this patch note.

In practical terms, this means it will no longer extend the duration of EXP-boosting Ambrosia drinks or Alliance Skill-boosting War Torte foods. It will still provide additional duration for foods and drinks that have a stat-focused component, such as Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye. Note that the "Gourmand" and "Connoisseur" Provisioner passive skills will still increase the duration of all foods or drinks, respectively, including Ambrosias and War Tortes.

I can understand that decision being an arbitrary one but when I learned that that passive would work for experience pots, I didn't think it was an aberration, I thought it just made sense.

I just can't see the point of the Provisioning passives working but not the CP one.

Are there other examples of CP bonuses that have arbitrary conditions?

I fail to see the reasoning.

Examine it. I have a 30 min XP boost. My provisioning passives increase that to 50. It’s rather simple to level provisioning so everyone gets this boost.

Now let’s add the CP boost which has been reported to get players to 1.5 hrs or so. You’ve now tripled the duration. But at the same time you’ve also tripled leveling rates. Now you’ve created an imbalance. Those with high CP can now level almost 3 times faster than those with low CP. Triple the length of the boost consistently and more often. Those with high CP now increase the gap between them and lower players at a rate 3 times faster. And this includes XP adjustment ramping curves.

It’s illogical and clearly was never initially intended

You're using a bug to justify the removal of an entire passive effect. Nothing to examine, it was supposed to only add 30 minutes not 1 hour bringing it to 1h50 minutes.

It takes nothing to get that Bonuses. I JUST leveled an account without and CP bonus from lvl 24 to CP 160 in 3 hours.

With your bug you've tripled the DURATION when it was only adding 100% extra duration. The amount of XP gained is not affected so idk where you get your argument that higher CP would progress 3 times faster.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by CleymenZero on April 21, 2021 1:59PM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With respect - did ZOS absolutely HAVE to fix the one thing that would help with the massive gap that some players have to close in order to get to where they were before the new CP cap?
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    The updated patch notes really sound like this is a CYA move. Rationer tool tip still says:
    Add 10 minutes to the duration of any eaten food or drink per stage.

Not non-xp. So I guess the big difference between Rationer and Connossieur is "consumed" vs. "eaten", and has nothing to do with the fact that everybody is grinding CP.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unbelievable.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

The "Rationer" Champion Star was updated in PC patch v6.3.8 to only provide a duration bonus to stat-altering foods and drinks. This Champion Star was never intended to affect the duration of such foods and drinks, and we apologize for inadvertently missing this patch note.

In practical terms, this means it will no longer extend the duration of EXP-boosting Ambrosia drinks or Alliance Skill-boosting War Torte foods. It will still provide additional duration for foods and drinks that have a stat-focused component, such as Hissmir Fish-Eye Rye. Note that the "Gourmand" and "Connoisseur" Provisioner passive skills will still increase the duration of all foods or drinks, respectively, including Ambrosias and War Tortes.

I can understand that decision being an arbitrary one but when I learned that that passive would work for experience pots, I didn't think it was an aberration, I thought it just made sense.

I just can't see the point of the Provisioning passives working but not the CP one.

Examine it. I have a 30 min XP boost. My provisioning passives increase that to 50. It’s rather simple to level provisioning so everyone gets this boost.

Now let’s add the CP boost which has been reported to get players to 1.5 hrs or so. You’ve now tripled the duration. But at the same time you’ve also tripled leveling rates. Now you’ve created an imbalance. Those with high CP can now level almost 3 times faster than those with low CP. Triple the length of the boost consistently and more often. Those with high CP now increase the gap between them and lower players at a rate 3 times faster. And this includes XP adjustment ramping curves.

You're using a bug to justify the removal of an entire passive effect. Nothing to examine, it was supposed to be 1h20 minutes not 1h50 minutes.

It takes nothing to get that Bonuses. I JUST leveled an account without and CP bonus from lvl 24 to CP 160 in 3 hours.

With your bug you've tripled the DURATION when it was only adding 160% duration. The amount of XP gained is not affected so idk where you get your argument that higher CP would progress 3 times faster.

[snip]

It wasn’t supposed to be 1 hr and 50 mins or even 1 hr and 30 min. It wasn’t intended to affect XP and alliance leveling potions at all. [snip] An argument that supposes things will remain static ignoring 7 years of evidence showing patch changes every 3 months.

When I first saw people using XP pots with the Rationer passive and getting ridiculous times I knew that it would be patched out because that wasn’t rational. I can’t think of anything in this game that more than doubles the duration of any ability or status. Jourvaulds doesn’t. Skill point passives dont. I can keep going. And yet these boosts effectively tripled durations. Yeah, tell me that was intentional.

It was broken. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 21, 2021 12:46PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

You're using a bug to justify the removal of an entire passive effect. Nothing to examine, it was supposed to be 1h20 minutes not 1h50 minutes.

With your bug you've tripled the DURATION when it was only adding 160% duration. The amount of XP gained is not affected so idk where you get your argument that higher CP would progress 3 times faster.

[snip]

It wasn’t supposed to be 1 hr and 50 mins or even 1 hr and 30 min. It wasn’t intended to affect XP and alliance leveling potions at all. [snip] An argument that supposes things will remain static ignoring 7 years of evidence showing patch changes every 3 months.

When I first saw people using XP pots with the Rationer passive and getting ridiculous times I knew that it would be patched out because that wasn’t rational. I can’t think of anything in this game that more than doubles the duration of any ability or status. Jourvaulds doesn’t. Skill point passives dont. I can keep going. And yet these boosts effectively tripled durations. Yeah, tell me that was intentional.

It was broken. [snip]

If it wasn't intended, why did it go live working with tooltips implying that it did? This is the issue. Up until right now, players had no clue that it wasn't intended and even the current tooltips would still imply that it works. Are you saying that when the new CP system went live, nobody at ZOS even considered that xp drinks were a thing when they designed the Rationer passive? That is a MASSIVE oversight [snip]. The functionality as well as the tooltip both implied that it would work just fine with xp boosters in addition to the fact that we already have a similar passive in the provisioning line that worked (and still does).

If it's not intended to work with Rationer, why is it ok with the provisioning passive? Honestly, if they really want it to be more clear, they could add 20 minutes to all the xp boosters, while removing the ability for them to be boosted from any passives at all and just add a tooltip to the boosters stating such.

What we have now is one passive that boosts it, one that doesn't, both using the same wording. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 21, 2021 12:48PM
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one thinks there are bugs out there that would have been more worthy to fix.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

[snip]

It was broken. [snip]

If it wasn't intended, why did it go live working with tooltips implying that it did? This is the issue. Up until right now, players had no clue that it wasn't intended and even the current tooltips would still imply that it works. Are you saying that when the new CP system went live, nobody at ZOS even considered that xp drinks were a thing when they designed the Rationer passive? That is a MASSIVE oversight [snip]. The functionality as well as the tooltip both implied that it would work just fine with xp boosters in addition to the fact that we already have a similar passive in the provisioning line that worked (and still does).

If it's not intended to work with Rationer, why is it ok with the provisioning passive? Honestly, if they really want it to be more clear, they could add 20 minutes to all the xp boosters, while removing the ability for them to be boosted from any passives at all and just add a tooltip to the boosters stating such.

What we have now is one passive that boosts it, one that doesn't, both using the same wording. [snip]

June 2019, Elsweyr goes live.

It's completely missed in 5 weeks of PTS testing that turning in daily crafting writs results in double craft survey drops. This is not intended but ZOS doesn't say anything really. Players see this posted on the forums and everyone is doing their craft surveys and benefiting. Some players buy additional character slots to increase their drops from dailies. Others purchase ESO+ to hold the mats in inventory.

Patch 5.0.6 goes live later that month and alludes to a change to fix survey drops.

Even though ZOS didn't mention it it's still a bug, needed to be fixed, and anyone who purchased ESO+ or extra characters isn't entitled to a refund for the unintended bonuses. Nonetheless people still retained their extra survey spoils and depressed the mat market a bit.

Things like this happen all the time. It isn't on ZOS to bring attention to them especially if they see it as exploitative and that by calling it out you in turn get more people to do it. Skipping bosses in Sunspire and Maw of Lorkhaj was treated like this upon release. Cheeses for vAS+2 were also treated like that. Players in that case caught doing so were actually banned as they used the method to sell runs, gear, skins, and polymorphs. ZOS doesn't have to call out oversights every time. No tech company does because it always leads to more bad actors exploiting it.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 21, 2021 12:50PM
  • ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    It must have been obvious from the beginning that this would be one if not THE most attractive scenario for usage of 'Rationer'. - After all it worked for 2 weeks and the CP-extension to 3600 being what it is, an increase in the leveling power/cost efficiency for advanced players, is more than recommendable gameplaywise and helpED to lessen the worst grind expectations at the same time. - Now this looks, at worst, like a temporary hook and I feel for players such as
    I spent 5 million I wouldn't have due to your error. I would not have resubbed for a year if I had know. This has been a costly patch for me.

Rationer could be unlocked fairly early, almost right about at CP 160 ( CP 165) which makes it even more likely that an original consideration was: when they have reached the gear-hurdle of CP 160, give them something to look forward to in terms of easier/less costly leveling by making the Rationer-perk available right then.

My guess is that this
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    God forbid that the already costly XP/AP boost consumables that can be crafted in-game may have their duration extended beyond their crown store counterparts'.

was the decisive point for nerfing the Rationer perk away from xp-potions and in such an obfuse manner (s. patch note) by the way.

-- Would it be so bad, to instead extend the duration of Crown XP-Scrolls so they remained competitive ?

Or at least change the perk description to sth. that will not necessarily mislead?
    Edited by ateso_ldee5 on April 20, 2021 9:07PM
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

So just to be sure, will Nord still increase the duration of Aetherial pots by 15 minutes? It's the one thing the race is good for after it was thrashed last update, unless that's now been nerfed too.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sangwyne wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

So just to be sure, will Nord still increase the duration of Aetherial pots by 15 minutes? It's the one thing the race is good for after it was thrashed last update, unless that's now been nerfed too.

It technically shouldn't work. We cannot allow something to increase experience pots by 50%, it would triple its efficacy and make you way too powerful.

Some will even label you as an exploiter because you read a tooltip and put 2 and 2 together.
    Edited by CleymenZero on April 21, 2021 12:27AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With respect - did ZOS absolutely HAVE to fix the one thing that would help with the massive gap that some players have to close in order to get to where they were before the new CP cap?
    And the only reason to slot this, that is unless you use very expensive foods like Artaeum Takeaway Broth.
    Well I just got 25 free cp in the green tree.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the preposterous rarity/expense of the components, this decision is just awful.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on April 21, 2021 12:06PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Well to me that star just became worthless I will reassign the points to something else.

Normal food and drink you can make or buy in abundance, you never really need to worry about the time limits you just eat/drink another the only reason I and a lot of others bothered with this star was the boost to the very drinks you have chosen to make it exclude.

Which still had shorter durations even with the star than the normal food and drink and since they cost a small fortune players made sure every minute of using them counts.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We have removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting and bashing. We would like to remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the community rules we have in place. If there may be any questions in regards to rules, please feel free to review them here: Community Rules

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just disappointing. I often feel like we can't have nice things in this game and the devs are frequently walking stuff back (see all of the CP 2.0 system nerfs that are coming in this patch).

The tooltip is clear that it applies to ANY food and drink. The passives from the Provisioning line work for war tortes and ambrosias. Why have two sets of duration buff passives that function differently? This makes no sense and is not intuitive.

I'd been using this primarily to buff war torte duration. Oh well, time to reallocate those CP to something worthwhile.

I wish I didn't feel like my characters were shrinking in power. One nice thing about the new CP system is that it gave a sense of steady end game progression. With this and the other nerfs coming that progression is being removed from the game. Once you have the passives (now reduced in effect by 1/2 and obtainable pretty easily) and 4 slotted stars, you are basically done advancing. Again disappointing.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the added CP I will get back by removing the points from Rationer. Since the more expensive foods are not really needed anymore, the duration increase is hardly worth the inconvenience of slotting and unslotting a passive just to get more time on a cheap food buff.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I don't mind the added CP I will get back by removing the points from Rationer. Since the more expensive foods are not really needed anymore, the duration increase is hardly worth the inconvenience of slotting and unslotting a passive just to get more time on a cheap food buff.

I guess this addresses some of the micromanagement of the green tree. Win? :wink:

Interacting with ZOS is like that episode of the X-Files where Mulder asked the Djinn for 'world peace' so the Djinn erased every and all lifeforms from the planet.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

I guess this addresses some of the micromanagement of the green tree. Win? :wink:

Interacting with ZOS is like that episode of the X-Files where Mulder asked the Djinn for 'world peace' so the Djinn erased every and all lifeforms from the planet.

I may re-invest when the new chapter hits just so the fishing food lasts longer while I fish in the zone. But even then, it may not be needed with the fishing slottables reducing the time it takes to fish the zone.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

With your bug you've tripled the DURATION when it was only adding 100% duration on base value. The amount of XP gained is not affected so idk where you get your argument that higher CP would progress 3 times faster.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]

• Madhojo
    Madhojo
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

[snip]

It was broken. [snip]

[edited for baiting]

It clearly states that it adds 10 minutes to any food or drink, that scales 3 times for a total of 30 minutes. Guess what Ambrosia is? A drink, its not its own sub class such as an XP scroll, so of course Rationer should work on it.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madhojo wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

[snip]

It was broken. [snip]

[edited for baiting]

It clearly states that it adds 10 minutes to any food or drink, that scales 3 times for a total of 30 minutes. Guess what Ambrosia is? A drink, its not its own sub class such as an XP scroll, so of course Rationer should work on it.

Simply put, ZOS developers disagree, stated that it wasn’t their intention for either XP pots or War Tortes to benefit, and that Rationer doesn’t apply.

XP pots and War Tortes are their own class and function differently. Their effects can stack on top of food and other boosts, namely the event ones. They offer no stat boosts whatsoever. You may craft them as food but really they operate their own separate little unique world.

• EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just keep on nerfing... There are still people playing!
  • Mz_Jo
    Mz_Jo
    ✭✭✭
    Woke up happy to see the maintenance for PS was completed as intended....
    To only read the patch notes and find the ambrosia is not a drink and war torte is not a food!?
    This makes the Ratoner star a waste....Players aren't using consuming the expensive high stat foods as they were before update 29...Having been a competitive seller of such products, I've been changing my inventory.
    You could have put out new Scrolls....
    Will be fun forever going forward explaining to new players that ambrosia/torte is a recipe and a food drink but only qualifies sometimes.
    Was PS4pro - 4k @ Launch / 2022 Xbox X started all over!
    / DC only / PVE, PvP, All Crafting, Housing
    Vampires Rule
    Fav Weapon - Blade of Woe and Thief of everything!
    ESO Live Watcher, Patch Note Reader, Console Launch

• PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bug? Hmm i know lot of bugs that are in the game since 2014 and still not fixed.
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a Bug, where people would get up to 8 Hours of Psyjik Ambrosia and more. It was reported on the PTS, but they never cared to fix it, until people started abusing the crap out of it :)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mz_Jo wrote: »
    To only read the patch notes and find the ambrosia is not a drink and war torte is not a food!?
    This makes the Ratoner star a waste....Players aren't using consuming the expensive high stat foods as they were before update 29...Having been a competitive seller of such products, I've been changing my inventory.
    Will be fun forever going forward explaining to new players that ambrosia/torte is a recipe and a food drink but only qualifies sometimes.

It makes me wonder if the better change might be to just turn the xp drinks/foods into scrolls. That way it will be intuitive that they will not be boosted and they would match up with crown store equivalents. I'm also not looking forward to explaining to guildies over and over that these things are drinks sometimes but not all the time.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mz_Jo wrote: »

It makes me wonder if the better change might be to just turn the xp drinks/foods into scrolls. That way it will be intuitive that they will not be boosted and they would match up with crown store equivalents. I'm also not looking forward to explaining to guildies over and over that these things are drinks sometimes but not all the time.

I thought that as well but then realized that for quite some time Psijic Ambrosias were the only gold item crafted for provisioning master writs. That would need to change and the writs would need to be updated. It’s still weird that the only gold food demanded are Bear Haunches and Ambrosias.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However you want to look at it, it's their choice.

Base duration is 30 minutes

Provisionner passive adds 20 minutes - an 80% increase

Nord passive adds 15 minutes - a 50% increase

Rationner passive added 30 minutes - a 100% increase

So basically, there is a threshold beyond which they believe it to be too much. You can prolong the use of a 9k gold food item but not a 16k or 160k experience potion.

The very fact that the other passives still work and this one doesn't is, to me, an aberration.

Their game, their choice. Nobody's entitled to receive their reasoning. It may be that they want to curb the cost of Mythics, it may be that the Crown Store experience scrolls have to remain competitive and therefore other experience items cannot be allowed to compete.

I argued that it was a completely arbitrary decision. It's their choice, nothing more.

The fact that one can say: "they did that because these items are in their own special category" emphasizes that there does not need to be consistency in the application of which passives act on what.

My OCD for some level of consistency is what prompted me to react as I have little to gain from the Rationner passive acting on those items. Most inconsistencies annoy me, that's all. The greater the impact on the player base, the greater the annoyance. This one has significant bearing on many.

We just have to be careful with what we say. It seems that when you criticize vertical progression, instead of simply accelerating progression for the entire player base, the chop the non-slottable passives in half.

If we argue that the removal of the effect of Rationner on these pots is inconsistent with other passive, they'll either maintain course and ignore criticism, consider criticism and re-instate the effect or consider criticism and remove all passive effects on progression foods, preventing the Provisionner and Nord passive from acting on those foods.

Thread lightly.
    Edited by CleymenZero on April 22, 2021 3:19PM