The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is Cyrodil Performance lowering morale in your group or guild?

Ijustwantcuddles
Ijustwantcuddles
Soul Shriven
This weekend was the worst Cyro experience I have had in this game in the years I have been playing. There is always problems but they seem to be getting progressively worse lately.

It feels like Cyrodil's prolonged performance issues is having a negative effect on the PVP community, at least one guild has disbanded because of it (RIP, thank you for your service), the groups I run with are feeling it and mention it, zone chat mentions it, the performance is so bad (Guards not moving/being able to be hit, skills just not working at all, siege weapons not firing properly, game slowing down immensely, breaking free 5x in a row to still just be standing there ect), I have guildies that have stopped pvping because it is now unplayable to some people (especially for those not in North America). These are not isolated incidents, forums posts from years ago talk about all these issues and the effect they have on how we play and enjoy this game. The amount of disconnects from people in groups when a spicy battle happens is now at unacceptable levels and people just stop bothering after 5 failed log in attempts to get back in because they will just crash again.

Have you noticed the performance getting worse lately? Is this changing the dynamic of your pvp groups and making more people disinterested or tired with Cyro? Is having no real solutions to the current state of Cyrodil affected morale in your community?
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This weekend was the worst Cyro experience I have had in this game in the years I have been playing. There is always problems but they seem to be getting progressively worse lately.

It feels like Cyrodil's prolonged performance issues is having a negative effect on the PVP community, at least one guild has disbanded because of it (RIP, thank you for your service), the groups I run with are feeling it and mention it, zone chat mentions it, the performance is so bad (Guards not moving/being able to be hit, skills just not working at all, siege weapons not firing properly, game slowing down immensely, breaking free 5x in a row to still just be standing there ect), I have guildies that have stopped pvping because it is now unplayable to some people (especially for those not in North America). These are not isolated incidents, forums posts from years ago talk about all these issues and the effect they have on how we play and enjoy this game. The amount of disconnects from people in groups when a spicy battle happens is now at unacceptable levels and people just stop bothering after 5 failed log in attempts to get back in because they will just crash again.

Have you noticed the performance getting worse lately? Is this changing the dynamic of your pvp groups and making more people disinterested or tired with Cyro? Is having no real solutions to the current state of Cyrodil affected morale in your community?

Yes. The faction stacking to counter the no-proc thing has made playability reach an all time low. Being as this was the last weekend of the campaign just amplified the problem. I suspect lag will return to the normally crummy levels of "somewhat playable" starting this afternoon.

One of my personal pet peeves, which has happened more times than not over the weekend, if getting tossed from the game, only to lose lobby connection multiple times in a row attempting to get back in. And only if you are extremely lucky (even if you hard crash the game), do you end up back in Cyrodiil and not wherever you entered from and need to re-queue for another 1-2 hours.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. Do we think that the factions wont stack if/when procs are not disabled? I have many doubts.

My morale personally is down. I feel like it doesn't matter what character I play as I am going to have to be somewhat tanky to survive while waiting for my heal/defense/whatever to go off and the burst combo or chain of abilities doesn't seem to matter as I have no control over it actually happening in a respectable time. Then every 3 months; wild swings in balance change causing mental investment to just be able to stay above water for it to all be the same in the fight against lag.

IB4 getting deleted for just stating my opinion.
  • Ijustwantcuddles
    Ijustwantcuddles
    Soul Shriven
    Just adding I just got disconnected from cyro, loaded back in, and it's kicked me out. Queue 44 now. Real solutions for these problems would be great.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our guild disbanded last week. Everyone was just sick of the lag. The game had reached a point where it provided more frustration than fun, so why continue?

And even if performance was somehow magically fixed it's the same fights with the same people at the same locations for the same junk rewards.

It's painfully obvious Cyrodiil is not a priority for the devs. I'll spend my money with a company that wants me as a customer. The RPers can have ESO
  • Ae'ron
    Ae'ron
    ✭✭✭
    I feel bad for guild officers right now. I feel really really bad for newer members of our guilds who are excited to run with us only to disconnect or crash to desktop, and then get shoved back into an hour long queue. At that point they just quit.

I’ve been playing since around launch, long before One Tamriel (ya know, back when there were vet levels and a wolf could gank ya in cyrodiil lol). This is the worst I’ve seen it and it’s heartbreaking. There’s so much potential, so many memories to be made, but I’m watching the morale of my guildmates and even some of the original zone generals of AD spiral into the toilet. I think it took a devastating hit when out of the blue, the no proc test was extended for months without warning - something that might have made server conditions worse.

I don’t know what the solutions are but I do know that morale is dropping, tempers are flaring, we’re losing entire guilds, and friendships that have been built in PvP are fraying.

I pray to Auri-El that a solution is found before morale is so low that folks just give up on the Three Banner War entirely.
    Edited by Ae'ron on April 19, 2021 9:35PM
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I noticed a higher than normal ping for no factions being locked on PC NA Greyhost earlier today. (200-250ms with no factions being locked) Normally performance is a bit better for the few days after maintenance, but not this time. There was plenty of chatter about it in zone chat too.

Things are absolutely getting worse, and at an ever increasing rate of decline.

Oh, by the way, this was two hours after the campaign had ended, and most had cleared out of cyro.
    Edited by CSose on April 20, 2021 1:16AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ship has sailed so far that it’s not even on my radar now. All of my previous pvp guilds died off, mostly due to poor performance and combat “balance” whiplash. I haven’t had consistent pvp guild groups in well over a year.

And with much of the last year filled with silly “test this scenario, now this one, now a combo of the first and second, now this completely new one, now an extended test”, with crap performance throughout, I’m over it. I’m SO over it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the consistently atrocious performance, bizarre "balance" choices, and constant reworking of major gameplay systems is absolutely destroying my motivation to keep playing.

It's such a shame because I've put many hours into this game and have tons of great memories, but I also have countless friends who stopped playing due to all the ongoing issues over the years.

It's just not the same anymore and it is a struggle to still have fun.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way pvp is handled looks like a long and awkward goodbye to pvp players
    Edited by hands0medevil on April 20, 2021 8:27AM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Overall the performance is just more frustrating now,
    As i've mentioned in other posts, previously there was ofc lag and skills not working but there was always something you could do to try and work around it. (e.g kite longer, kill faster being more risky, take different fights)
    now its not so much lag as much as just gamebreaking bugs like Rollbacks/Position desyncs/Slow Walking bugs and Disconnects which have no counter once you are affected by it. I also know of many guilds which have called it quits and from a gvg perspective the population on both servers is at an all time low.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the changes made in the last years made Cyrodiil a mess , when talk about performance.

They "adjusted" many things, cut the groups in half..almost cut alliance/public healing..and so on...

The performance is abysmal now...

They said will upgrade their servers...but they " adjusted" many things instead ,without consulting the community. All the changes have negative impact.

If they revert all the changes made in the last years , Cyrodiil will be playable and fine.

I hope ZOS will listen and will revert the bad changes they did.

I miss 24 member groups ..I miss many things.

I hope these tests will end in Cyro . C'mon, ESO is 7 years old! How can you organize beta tests after 7 years ???

Revert Cyro to 2016-2017 state , and will be much better than today .

English is not my native language.

• Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilds I was in lost more and more players including leads, some came back during events and left again during tests, theres a handful left. We mostly do PvE stuff now
  • genzo528
    genzo528
    Yeah, after 2-3 disconnection i normally call it a night and get off
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    cyrodil is dominated by trolls now. I've played this game off and on and Years ago it was a better experience but it seems to be dying off. You are lucky if you are even able to get in a pug. I remember just typing x in zone chat automatically put you in one. Now people have become shady. Its now a bunch of toxic1vX twinks running around teabagging and cross faction playing and not much else. On top of the lag and these guys ragequitting the playerbase its become a real bitter experience.

• fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally put guild on break in november and when zos decided live servers were the place to start beta testng it sealed the deal, just not worth everyones time to login for a few hours and be frustrated
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has too many Campaigns.
    Need remove Blackreach(CP no alliance locked) and Icereach(Below Level 50 No CP).
    Then increase servers for Gray Host(CP Alliance Locked) and Ravenwatch(No CP).
    This will give Campaigns some improvement.
    Two Campaigns are enough.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't played cyrodill for about a month, played last night and even at 1 am it still didn't work...
    My favourite zone in the game and for over a year now it has been totally unplayable.

I am generally put off the game at the moment. IC is dead, BG's are just drenched in procs and unenjoyable.

Perhaps by the end of this year procs will be balanced and performance will have seen some noticeable improvement, but I'm not sure how much longer I can wait.

This is how it is described on bestreamer.com where the biggest MMOs are listed: "ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) has some bugs and glitches that need fixing, but other than that it’s a fantastic game". None of the others in the top 10 are described this way. It's so disappointing tbh and I hope this year sees some significant improvements.
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, just hopped into Cyrodiil for the first time in months. I spent maybe ten minutes in there and can't recall half of the dozens of instances of non-functioning... everything! Icing on that cake was how I couldn't even quit the game without the aid of Alt-f4. Guess I'll try again next fall.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag is still terrible... especially at resources when fighting NPC guards. Also still getting random loading screens while riding across the countryside, and skill delays are horrendous when ball groups or the hammer are nearby.

The most discouraging part is paying to be a beta tester for how many years now? These crazy yo-yo changes are killing the Cyrodiil experience, and it's only going to get worse when Update 30 drops. I also miss the fun of the 24 man groups..... but it looks like ZOS is planning to small scale the entire game, not just PvP.

I have no idea what's going through these people's minds. It seems like they have no direction with what they are actually doing... just throwing a bunch of things out there, hoping some of it works, and then backtracking if the community get vocal enough about it. But it's definitely taking it's toll on the players.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    The lag is still terrible... especially at resources when fighting NPC guards. Also still getting random loading screens while riding across the countryside, and skill delays are horrendous when ball groups or the hammer are nearby.

I used to get the random loading screens before I upgraded my computer, so that might actually be a hardware issue. Do you also get stuck on 'seams' in the map?
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate to say it y'all, but maybe this is just the canon ending of The Three Banners War that ZOS is hoping for -- maybe they're on some next-level fourth-wall-breaking meta lore weaving at this point!
    "In the end, all of the soldiers got tired of the whole mess, and just sorta moved on with their lives. The war was over not because one side won, but because everyone lost. And for two hundred years, 90% of the population of Tamriel forgot the Imperial City even existed because no one ever bothered to go there, lol."
    ~ Pretty sure I read that in a lore book or something; will have to check the wiki. :D
  • Village_Idiot
    Village_Idiot
    ✭✭
    New to PvP, the only issues i hear and have had are the "lag fests" or when my game lags so bad, that all the other players are playing "freeze tag" and then im dead at the statue by the transmutis shrine at EP HQ. I dont have long que times though, longest i have had was maybe 20 minutes. Then i realized i had too much going on so i turned off alot of add-ons that arent PVP related, shut down discord (since the PVP group im in doesnt use it anyway), minimized ESO launcher to tray . Also turned down or turned off some of my GUI's that i didnt need to have up on ultra or high and now i seem to have little to no lag, no its not "pretty" anymore but i dont have the lag issues as intense as they used to be. Just sharing maybe it can help some of you other PvP'rs with your lag.
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Very much.
  • tt4ngo0
    tt4ngo0
    Soul Shriven
    Well i have to say i'm very disappointed by the technical part of this game. 1 thing i noticed is how faked is our ping in gamę, for me it shows 70 na sometimes jumping to 90 but it really feelsl like its 300-400ms at best. Combat system doesnt help either whit all its desync ( getting 4 Dizzy from 10 meters in 1 second) made overall playing experience really poor for triple A game that is so expensive whit all that dlc and premium subs. Glad that i didn't spend much money on this and didn't brought dlcs because its nowhere near worthy.
    Shame
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tt4ngo0 wrote: »
    Well i have to say i'm very disappointed by the technical part of this game. 1 thing i noticed is how faked is our ping in gamę, for me it shows 70 na sometimes jumping to 90 but it really feelsl like its 300-400ms at best. Combat system doesnt help either whit all its desync ( getting 4 Dizzy from 10 meters in 1 second) made overall playing experience really poor for triple A game that is so expensive whit all that dlc and premium subs. Glad that i didn't spend much money on this and didn't brought dlcs because its nowhere near worthy.
    Shame

Yeah, I've literally had times where I see a person so far away my client won't even let me activate a 28 meter ranged skill yet I'm getting d-swinged by them... all while my ping says 80 or 90. Even more fun if you don't even get to see your opponent attacking you as they just slide in your general direction while sound effects play (which indicats that the data *is* coming through the wire after all!) My personal favorite is when I feel like I'm pre-recording all of my attacks and watching them play back in slow motion between two and five seconds later - assuming they work at all.
  • tt4ngo0
    tt4ngo0
    Soul Shriven
    Sluggy wrote: »
    tt4ngo0 wrote: »
    Shame

Yeah, I've literally had times where I see a person so far away my client won't even let me activate a 28 meter ranged skill yet I'm getting d-swinged by them... all while my ping says 80 or 90. Even more fun if you don't even get to see your opponent attacking you as they just slide in your general direction while sound effects play (which indicats that the data *is* coming through the wire after all!) My personal favorite is when I feel like I'm pre-recording all of my attacks and watching them play back in slow motion between two and five seconds later - assuming they work at all.

And that's something that shouldnt be happening in triple A game released 7 years ago. Unforgivable for me so i'm just quiting it and write this company on personal black list
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main guild recently disbanded as well as the final, violent paroxysm of the last year of whiplash "balancing" and their overall shabby treatment by the developers.

The developers severely under-appreciate (or simply do not care about...) the extreme fatigue and sense of overall alienation that their decisions have left on the community. Entire builds and playstyles are created in a single PTS only to be invalidated in the next cycle. Players can only ride that wave for so long before they burn out from the endless churn and lack of clear direction.

By far the worst aspect of it, in addition to the perennial annoyance of performance, has been the handling (and manic indecision) of the Proc/No-Proc Era. No matter which side of the issue that you're on, you are guaranteed to have been alienated by the ongoing process of buffing... then banning... then buffing even further of these sets.

Hopefully, tomorrow's PTS will provide some clarity but any future plans for PvP'ing in ESO ought to be made in pencil rather than pen.
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    My first three years, I had maybe 3 total changes in gear, this last year at least 8 to 10, with useless tests, proc, no proc,

Its no fun, expensive, shows a complete lack of understanding of the subject matter by those "running this".
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but the insane balance changes that ZOS implements every couple of months has.
  • LostToTheSea
    LostToTheSea
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, performance has been notably better for our entire guild since the no-proc era of Cyro. I don't think everyone quite remembers what proc cyro pop lock lag was like.. people couldn't move.. they'd stand still and watch their characters twitch out just trying to start an animation.. the only time you see this happens now is during NA primetime or just before/after. This used to happen during off-hours during proc cyro.. often.

As for guild morale and such, we have the fortune of not enduring years under our tabard with ESO's performance degradation. If we had, then we likely would have disbanded due to performance by now. Many of us are long-time players, but we avoid primetime lag for a reason. There's no PVP to be found.

Currently, I think the NA playerbase and the way it has shifted into DC zerging/lagging the map has drawn more distaste than lowering morale. People just want to PVP.

All that said, the community needs an olive branch from the devs.. but an actual one... which requires a two-sided conversation. Some of the most notable vets to ever play ESO have departed as of the last year and for all the wrong reasons. They left due to the state of the game, not because they wanted to leave the game. That's a serious problem and should be treated as such by the devs. A bi-yearly "well this is what we kinda have in mind" will not cut it. There has to be an actual conversation that is not widely censored and topic guarded so fiercely that nothing of real note can be talked over. As in, people openly engaging in conversation on both sides.
    Edited by LostToTheSea on May 4, 2021 10:40AM