Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Cyrodil Performance lowering morale in your group or guild?

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Currently, I think the NA playerbase and the way it has shifted into DC zerging/lagging the map has drawn more distaste than lowering morale. People just want to PVP.

I actually take a bit of issue with that statement. As far as I can see... the DC or EP zerg of 20 or so, seems to be facing a AD hoard of 50-100 pretty consistently lately. It is actually pretty rare to see all of DC anywhere, even as a DC player. We are pop locked with a hour wait to get in, then not a soul to be found on the map. It is actually quite weird. There are even 3 AD coordinated groups, 2 12 man and 1 24 man that seem to roll together now for protection, with the rest of the AD zerg in tow. It has quite literally ruined playing anywhere AD decides to show up, as you just get steam rolled by sheer numbers most of the time.

The other day, 6 of us retreated to a barn at a resource, only to have 50ish AD follow us in... it looked like a clown car so many were in there! It was quite hilarious actually. I was thinking to myself, dang, if this game only had collision, they would never be able to get out of there! :)

Edited by Kwoung on May 4, 2021 8:27AM
  • LostToTheSea
    LostToTheSea
    ✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    Currently, I think the NA playerbase and the way it has shifted into DC zerging/lagging the map has drawn more distaste than lowering morale. People just want to PVP.

I actually take a bit of issue with that statement. As far as I can see... the DC or EP zerg of 20 or so, seems to be facing a AD hoard of 50-100 pretty consistently lately. It is actually pretty rare to see all of DC anywhere, even as a DC player. We are pop locked with a hour wait to get in, then not a soul to be found on the map. It is actually quite weird. There are even 3 AD coordinated groups, 2 12 man and 1 24 man that seem to roll together now for protection, with the rest of the AD zerg in tow. It has quite literally ruined playing anywhere AD decides to show up, as you just get steam rolled by sheer numbers most of the time.

The other day, 6 of us retreated to a barn at a resource, only to have 50ish AD follow us in... it looked like a clown car so many were in there! It was quite hilarious actually. I was thinking to myself, dang, if this game only had collision, they would never be able to get out of there! :)

depends on the hours. All 3 factions hard zerg through NA primetime with high pop. Game doesn't even remotely work. The rest of the hours it's generally a giant dc zerg hitting one place at a time vs 2 low] pop factions full of pugs getting steamrolled. Japanese/Aussie hours do vary though. It's not quite to where it was last year with EP rolling the map vs an empty server, but it's starting to feel like deja vu.
    Edited by LostToTheSea on May 4, 2021 10:51AM
  • Athrys5
    Athrys5
    ✭✭✭
    I think that what's worse it that many people are surrendering and they're just accepting it or they started when this terrible performance was already live and they dont really know what good pvp is about. Compared to what pvp used to be years ago this shouldn't be acceptable both for players and devs.
    EU - PC

Athryss
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldenn wrote: »
    I think that what's worse it that many people are surrendering and they're just accepting it or they started when this terrible performance was already live and they dont really know what good pvp is about. Compared to what pvp used to be years ago this shouldn't be acceptable both for players and devs.

Yeah, I find myself doing less and less in Cyro and more in PvE, where I can theorycraft with all my gear instead of just 19 (some worthless) sets, plus the performance in Cyro is getting worse all the time to the point that it's unplayable, even with the lowered population caps.

Gray Host is often 1 bar across for hours in non-prime time, and sometimes no keeps or outposts are flipped for long periods of time. But what's most telling is how in U30 ZOS is bending over backwards to entice people to play in Imperial City, by introducing new monster sets there, IC only motifs, etc, while nothing good is added to Cyrodiil, the Rewards For The Worthy sets remain trash, the end of campaign rewards are a joke, and at some point they plan on dividing the already dwindling population into proc and no proc camps.

Definitely shows you where their priorities are. If they plan on letting Cyrodiil die a slow and painful death, they should at least lease the concept out to another company that's willing to re-code everything from scratch so it actually works, while introducing more fun ways to play there, rather than always taking things away, as is currently the case.

Edited by Jaraal on May 4, 2021 7:19PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, many friends have quit and guilds are no longer active. I think everyone are just a bit tired of it. We used to continue on no matter what. But now it seems, like op put it, the morale has dropped. People are just tired. Especially the people in guilds that put effort into winning campains. It's actually a lot of work and now they just seem like, tired.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Groups or guilds? What are those? The first year or so of the game, there were dozens of guilds just on the EP faction alone.

After that, the guilds died out and mostly everyone I saw went solo or just tagged along with a buddy or 2.

As to why guilds don't work and have not worked since then, I guess many things can point to it.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...Real solutions for these problems would be great.

Log out, don't buy the expansion, cancel eso plus, find a new game.

Basically eso pvp is rip
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Groups? Guilds? It's demoralizing just solo queueing for it during prime time. I log in, run somewhere, watch youtube videos while waiting for skills to go off, wait for my character to realize he died 5 mins ago, and then res and run back.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Is Cyrodil Performance lowering morale in your group or guild?"

No. It only lowers my intention of renewing ESO Plus.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not just performance that's causing the drop in interest and morale. It's the overall state of PvP, full stop. I think a lot of folks have given up any hope that the devs will be able to fix the problems.

As someone who has been here from the beginning, the first year or so of PvP was wonderful. And then it started to go downhill - and has continued that downward slide ever since. I've watched them create skill after skill touted as THE answer to ball groups - only to have ball groups end up using them for even better burst damage. Anyone else remember the proxy det ball groups of years ago? Then came the destro ulti spamming ball groups. Then the groups that started combining all of these until we're at where we are now. It's never-ending.

We started to get more performance issues and bugs - not just lag and latency, but the endless in-combat bug (which has returned with a vengeance), the random dismount bug, the random load screen bug, the Ambush bug, the cc bug/issue (which has probably been around from the very beginning, it just went unnoticed until the ball groups started spamming multiple types of cc simultaneously and caused it to get brought to light) that has never been resolved. Now we have the weird range bug, I've found myself getting randomly dismounted again for no reason... again, it's never-ending.

I've watched as veteran PvPers like myself decide it's no longer worth the effort. Most don't just leave PvP, they leave the game. I don't envy @ZOS_BrianWheeler - he inherited the very definition of a Hot Mess [TM], and after seven years of not only no one being able to clean up the mess, but of the mess getting worse? I don't know that it can be solved. PvP continues to flounder, and the latest set of changes - re-enabling slightly-nerfed proc sets - has merely brought us back to another cycle of burst-damage-is-king. We've been here before. And with the added change of adding in health recovery to Battle Spirit, the burst damage meta is exacerbated. I said it in another thread, but I'll say it again: the number one thing that would help right now, would be to take health recovery back out of Battle Spirit. At least give people a chance against the burst damage meta.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've taken a 2 year break since the performance was in the gutter, only to come back to a game that is even less functional. I don't think i've seen any form of stable pvp since patch 1.6, it really saddens me.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've taken a 2 year break since the performance was in the gutter, only to come back to a game that is even less functional. I don't think i've seen any form of stable pvp since patch 1.6, it really saddens me.

It IS disheartening, that's for sure.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night Ravenwatch was completely abysmal - Sprint not registering until like five seconds after you initiate it, abilities on 3-5 second delay, Potions not firing even after like seven presses of the button.

Utterly aggravating.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is when I can't fire off any skills, the players I'm fighting with all look like they are lag free.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    No the lack of customer support is :D