The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Urgent: Multiple violations of ToS and CoC on Ravenwatch EU

mullins07
mullins07
✭✭✭
Hi,

I have switched to the Cyrodiil Ravenwatch EU campaign in the last week.
In this short time I have witnessed three incidents of experienced players taking an enemy scroll and not bringing it to a friendly keep.

This behaviour materially contravenes the Zenimax Terms of Service, which states that users should not:
Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of the Services. Examples of disruptive behavior include, but are not limited to, conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within a Service, vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [i.e., all text in capitals] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [i.e., posting repetitive text], commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements, posting advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.

In addition, the behaviour is a form of intentionally losing, which is not permitted as per the ESO Code of Conduct:
Unacceptable behaviors will also include any conduct that is considered by ZeniMax to be cheating (e.g. match fixing and collusion) or other unsportsmanlike conduct such as use of secondary accounts, intentionally losing and bribery.

I would be grateful if urgent attention could be given to my two support tickets relating to the matter, and given the significant disruption that such incidents create, that the matter is escalated as I have requested in my tickets with reference numbers 210414-006513 and 210418-007677.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by mullins07 on April 19, 2021 12:18AM
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know what exactly happened, but just from your description I don't see any problem. Taking a scroll and not immediately securing it in a friendly keep can be a valid strategy. If a small group of players can defend the scroll for some time, it's often a very effective way to distract a big part of the enemy alliance and allow the own alliance to capture a number of keeps or push for emp.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were they farming with it? That's a pretty common tactics that Ball groups will use.

I don't mind it if they did the all the work of grabbing the scroll themselves. You earn it, you do what you like with it.

It's when someone or a group coasts on the effort of the rest of the faction to take a scroll, snags it, and then goes off to do their own thing with it leaving everyone else to go "Uh, we wanted the scroll for the buff/score/quest!" that I get kinda salty.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mullins07

Please check your forum inbox as we've sent you a PM regarding your tickets on this situation.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 20, 2021 9:28PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • CallmeSunny
    CallmeSunny
    ✭✭
    This i have experienced way too often in PC EU Graymoor, as EP tactics were to have a DC character from guild to quick log in,steal the scroll, and instead of taking it to friendly keep, run it on the way to EP base... regular EP tactic, still they can only cheat themselves to 2nd position, AD daycapping wins every single campaign in cyrodiil, and this is getting very boring....
  • KashyyyK240
    KashyyyK240
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    Last night on Gray Host a level 21 blue templar logged in to steal a red scroll from a blue controlled keep and ran with it straight into a yellow ballgroup ambush which then started farming ap while holding the scroll, first in a cave on the way to Rayles (yellow base is in the opposite direction), then holed up in a house while spamming aoe skills at the entrance for anyone going inside. I know the name of the ballgroup and their members.
  • mullins07
    mullins07
    ✭✭✭
    A player that has been reported twice already this week is now deliberately glitching inside a mountain to prevent himself from being targeted and killed. As a result, an entire group has disbanded and logged off the game.

This latest incident has been reported as per ticket number 210420-006185 @ZOS_BillE .
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭
    mullins07 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have switched to the Cyrodiil Ravenwatch EU campaign in the last week.
    In this short time I have witnessed three incidents of experienced players taking an enemy scroll and not bringing it to a friendly keep.

This behaviour materially contravenes the Zenimax Terms of Service, which states that users should not:
    Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of the Services. Examples of disruptive behavior include, but are not limited to, conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within a Service, vulgar language, abusiveness, hitting the return key repeatedly or inputting large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, use of excessive shouting [i.e., all text in capitals] in an attempt to disturb other users, "spamming" or flooding [i.e., posting repetitive text], commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements, posting advertising or promotional messaging, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other commercial activities.

In addition, the behaviour is a form of intentionally losing, which is not permitted as per the ESO Code of Conduct:
    Unacceptable behaviors will also include any conduct that is considered by ZeniMax to be cheating (e.g. match fixing and collusion) or other unsportsmanlike conduct such as use of secondary accounts, intentionally losing and bribery.

I would be grateful if urgent attention could be given to my two support tickets relating to the matter, and given the significant disruption that such incidents create, that the matter is escalated as I have requested in my tickets with reference numbers 210414-006513 and 210418-007677.

Thanks in advance.

Yoiu do realize that none of these are considered "cheating" or anything like that...

Noone is "obliged" to take the scroll back just because it is YOUR type of gameplay.