The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Balanced/competitive BG option.

Mr_Gallows
Mr_Gallows
✭✭✭
I'd like to see a BG with a system similar ro the one GW2 has. You equip one PvP item that gives you all your stats. You can pick weapons, but all stats are from the PvP item you equip in a special slot. There would be different "builds" like tank, damage, healer, dot-master, brawler etc. Zos would make these different builds. You still pick your own skills.

It should not replace the current BGs but simply be an option for people who want to play BGs 100% for the gameplay. It would also allow zos some good balanced data on class balance, where they can see how different classes perform with the different builds.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an interesting idea and I kind of like it, but a lot of the stats you get come from your skills and passives, and not from your gear. An example is sorcs getting 2% more spell damage for every sorc skill they slot. So your idea would require a lot of rebalancing of all skills, just for one game mode. At present zos are unwilling to do this to separate pve from pvp; a skill gets changed and it affects both pve and pvp. There are probably exceptions, but not many.
    PC | EU
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    It's an interesting idea and I kind of like it, but a lot of the stats you get come from your skills and passives, and not from your gear. An example is sorcs getting 2% more spell damage for every sorc skill they slot. So your idea would require a lot of rebalancing of all skills, just for one game mode. At present zos are unwilling to do this to separate pve from pvp; a skill gets changed and it affects both pve and pvp. There are probably exceptions, but not many.

All the stats you get from skills, you still get. The only change is everyone is using the same standard builds. Then those bonuses from passives etc. Are added as if the player has them all. The only change is that gear will be those different builds which also includes the stats for different food.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Gallows wrote: »

All the stats you get from skills, you still get. The only change is everyone is using the same standard builds. Then those bonuses from passives etc. Are added as if the player has them all. The only change is that gear will be those different builds which also includes the stats for different food.

I would quit the game if something like that was implemented. If you want standard gear skill game go play an FPS.

I want to play an MMO where the character building skills are important too.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos will never implement anything competitive in pvp, ever.
    Not saying they shouldn't, but they won't.
    This is a casual game, marketed and made for casual players.
  • WolfyRaps
    WolfyRaps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am missing WOW like rated arenas. I played that to Gladiator (0.5%) rank several times.

I want them to implement competitive PVP with visible ratings and rewards. I just don't want them to eliminate the options of customizing your characters. WOW still allows customization and competitive PVP in WOW is eSport level..
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »

I would quit the game if something like that was implemented. If you want standard gear skill game go play an FPS.

I want to play an MMO where the character building skills are important too.

Lol you would quit... a bit dramatic 🤣

You would keep your old poor gameplay-freebuilding BGs.

This would just be a second option
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    I am missing WOW like rated arenas. I played that to Gladiator (0.5%) rank several times.

I want them to implement competitive PVP with visible ratings and rewards. I just don't want them to eliminate the options of customizing your characters. WOW still allows customization and competitive PVP in WOW is eSport level..

I could see this as working. Rather than just having predefined stats, ZOS could give access to a limited number of gear sets, all gold, and players could pick and choose what to use in this mode from that set, not allowing them to take the items into other areas of the game. Then have Team V Team elimination battles. Rankings, leaderboards, rewards, etc. It would be pretty cool. I think the experience in this type of mode would also be the best foundation for working towards PVP balance.

The biggest problem would be healing and tankiness. With the game and its current state, the most viable team composition would be having a dedicated tanky healer, and all other team members providing cross heals. Matches would turn into heal/skill spamming blob in the middle of a map.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • CooloutAC
    CooloutAC
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a BG with a system similar ro the one GW2 has. You equip one PvP item that gives you all your stats. You can pick weapons, but all stats are from the PvP item you equip in a special slot. There would be different "builds" like tank, damage, healer, dot-master, brawler etc. Zos would make these different builds. You still pick your own skills.

It should not replace the current BGs but simply be an option for people who want to play BGs 100% for the gameplay. It would also allow zos some good balanced data on class balance, where they can see how different classes perform with the different builds.

personally, I feel as long as they introduce a leaderboard and matchmaker system like gw2 has that would be a start.