The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trying to understand ...

Nevark
Nevark
Soul Shriven
In BG this stam sorc just streak over and i was death before i could break free.

I was in awe and sad at the same time.

I'm trying to understand the combat log provided by the addon "Improved Death Recap"

IMG-1358a.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRmmM0H7/IMG-1358a.jpg

IMG-1359a.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/Kz9Z3x70/IMG-1359a.jpg

Is it possible to do all these within a sec? Or am i reading the timing wrong?

Granted my ping is 260 so could this be what is causing all those blocks of dmg happening?

Wish i could have 2 digits ping haha

Edited by ZOS_Lunar on April 14, 2021 12:07PM
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs can.

There are abillitys that work with delay as example.

Somework after 4 seconds, some after 3 seconds, some fly 2 second, some fly 1 second, some is streak.

So he can just do it in right 1-2-3-4-5 like combination and it all strike you in the same second.
    Edited by AyaDark on April 14, 2021 7:25AM
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or it can be some sets wich work in some condition in same time.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frenzied Momentum is set which hits on heavy attack
    Ashen grip hits on melee attack (as long as not on cooldown).
    So those two and heavy attack at the same time make sense.
    Poisoned Weapon is enchant so will proc on light/heavy attacks or weapon skills when off cooldown.
    Hurricane is dot which tick every 1s
    The only one I'm unsure of is Rending Slashes. He has 2 ticks close together, which could mean that the first bleed tick is done upon cast too.

Then you can see he casts 2 Whirling Blades with roughly 1s intervals which again is normal.

Crystal Weapon is similar to Elemental/Crushing Weapon in psijic where you can cast it a few second before and it heals damage on light/heavy attack. So it stacks at same time too.

Edit: Poison glyph not dot
    Edited by ThePedge on April 14, 2021 2:17PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they can. All he has done here is heavy attack you in to rending with DW. This has proc'd ashen, vate 2h and both his glyphs it has also applied status effects to you. So yes it is easily possible. You were somewhat unlucky to receive the status effects as well, but this checks out. Hurricane ticked on you as well, but this ticks every second.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they can. All he has done here is heavy attack you in to rending with DW. This has proc'd ashen, vate 2h and both his glyphs it has also applied status effects to you. So yes it is easily possible. You were somewhat unlucky to receive the status effects as well, but this checks out. Hurricane ticked on you as well, but this ticks every second.

Yep rending hits twice on activation, one for each weapon, and each weapon's enchant can fire if not on CD. Then the dot starts.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on April 14, 2021 5:38PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frenzied hit you for 6k.

Its a proc, meaning he had to be using Malacath.

Also tells me after all was said and done you had practically 0% mitigation (no resistance after penetration, etc)

Legit BG/IC build
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were lucky he didn't do heavy + dawnbreaker -> executioner. Could've hit you for more :)
  • Nevark
    Nevark
    Soul Shriven
    Another question ... so my instant death after he streak over and kill me is most likely my ping right?

Like he's at less than 100 ping and i am 260 ping ... is that why i was instant kill on my screen?
    Edited by Nevark on April 15, 2021 6:54AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nevark wrote: »
    Another question ... so my instant death after he streak over and kill me is most likely my ping right?

Like he's at less than 100 ping and i am 260 ping ... is that why i was instant kill on my screen?

Possibly... he essentially killed you in 2 seconds, most the damage was done in the first second. At 260 ping you are 0.26 seconds behind (if my understanding of ping is correct) assuming he had an optimistic 100 ping you were seeing things a tenth of second after the player that killed you. He just did a medium attack into rending and whirling blades if he roll cancelled the rending all you would have seen was him raise his arm and spin around.

It's a fast paced game, so these ping differences matter. How much you want to dismiss it or acknowledge it is up to you.
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    He just did a medium attack into rending and whirling blades if he roll cancelled the rending all you would have seen was him raise his arm and spin around.

It's a fast paced game, so these ping differences matter. How much you want to dismiss it or acknowledge it is up to you.

That's true... and truly poor gameplay 🤣
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Gallows wrote: »
    He just did a medium attack into rending and whirling blades if he roll cancelled the rending all you would have seen was him raise his arm and spin around.

It would be worse if we got stuck in animations and couldn't activate defensive actions like blocking or rolling. Keep in mind, canceling the rending animation with a Dodge roll does not mean he can use whirling blades sooner. Everything is still governed by the one second global cooldown.

But the ability to seamlessly transition from an attack to other actions is what gives this game it's fluid, fast-paced feel. It also creates a high skill ceiling. Folks who enjoy ESO PVP are here because of that. But if it's not your cup of tea, there are plenty of games with much more static combat out there.
  • Nevark
    Nevark
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks all for the help!

Much appreciated!
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In BG this stam sorc just streak over and i was death before i could break free.

I was in awe and sad at the same time.

I'm trying to understand the combat log provided by the addon "Improved Death Recap"

IMG-1358a.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/ZRmmM0H7/IMG-1358a.jpg

IMG-1359a.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/Kz9Z3x70/IMG-1359a.jpg

Is it possible to do all these within a sec? Or am i reading the timing wrong?

Granted my ping is 260 so could this be what is causing all those blocks of dmg happening?

Wish i could have 2 digits ping haha

This just shows how stupidly overpowered proc sets are. They are now banned from Cyrodil until developers can figure out what to do.

This player that hit you is carried by at least 3 proc sets: ashen grip, frenzied momentum, and master dual wield. Of note, frenzied momentum has to be built up by casting 5 stamina abilities. So something happened before this log to let this player have the FM proc ready.

You were hit instantly by ~20k damage in the upper figure (at -4.5 seconds), at least 12k of that was procc--ed.

Edited by Theignson on April 15, 2021 5:16PM
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It would be worse if we got stuck in animations and couldn't activate defensive actions like blocking or rolling. Keep in mind, canceling the rending animation with a Dodge roll does not mean he can use whirling blades sooner. Everything is still governed by the one second global cooldown.

But the ability to seamlessly transition from an attack to other actions is what gives this game it's fluid, fast-paced feel. It also creates a high skill ceiling. Folks who enjoy ESO PVP are here because of that. But if it's not your cup of tea, there are plenty of games with much more static combat out there.

As someone who has been playing FPS games since the original Doom, ESO's fast paced, mechanically action based combat is a breath of fresh air in the world of turn-based MMORPGs. I am a fan of putting as much skill into the players hands as possible, and less on the game rolling imaginary dice to determine what happens.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I like it personally 👍
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And queue the animation-cancelling cancellers....personally I like the reactive pace of ESO over the casttime/cooldown model of other MMOs, even if it doesn't really work in my favor most of the time, lol.

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I thoroughly enjoy the pace of the combat as well👍
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcerers are extremely overpowered in eso, and thier shields are also Very hard to break.
    eso classes are unbalanced, this is just another proof if that.

i pray Microsoft developers will see this, and make the game more balanced.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    sorcerers are extremely overpowered in eso, and thier shields are also Very hard to break.
    eso classes are unbalanced, this is just another proof if that.

i pray Microsoft developers will see this, and make the game more balanced.

This was a stamsorc as you can see from their death recap and stamsorcs don't and can't use shields. Stamsorcs are in a good spot and I have no issue with magsorcs, but I do get why people are getting upset. They are everywhere 😂

The only class that is disproportionately better than most is warden IMO and I would put that mainly down to arctic over performing. A few classes especially magicka NB need some buffs. Other than that balance isn't too bad. Certainly magicka need some buffs to be as effective solo as stamina is. With magsorc being an exception.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only class that is disproportionately better than most is warden IMO and I would put that mainly down to arctic over performing. A few classes especially magicka NB need some buffs. Other than that balance isn't too bad. Certainly magicka need some buffs to be as effective solo as stamina is. With magsorc being an exception.

Spot on.