Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS: Profitable Opportunity - Writs Houseguest

Kungfu
Kungfu
✭✭✭✭
TLDR: I would pay money (I'm talkin MASSIVE CROWNS) for a houseguest who did daily writs for me.

HEY!
So this anniversary event... WAS AWESOME. Always love the extra rewards and it's hilarious to watch the motif market CRRRAAAASH lol
But I gotta admit: even with the extra rewards, I get SO SICK of doing daily writs.

So... here's a suggestion (credit goes to @DUTCH_REAPER for the idea):
I would pay money for a houseguest who does my writs for me. There are so many ways it could be implemented, so I will leave the details up to others.

But a houseguest who shortens the amount of time required for me to log in with EVERY character EVERY day to do an hour's worth of ad-nauseum mini-quests would be awfully nice.
Plus, it'd be a good reason for players to actually visit their house(s) every day?

Even if you have to log into each character separately, port home, and talk to the houseguest to (a)complete the quests that they were "set upon" yesterday and (b)initiate the next 20 hours' worth of crafting quests.

You wouldn't even have to change the current writs format - players who choose not to purchase the guest could still do the manual labor version.

Edited to tag Dutch appropriately
Edited by Kungfu on April 14, 2021 3:06PM
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooo
    Ooooo

And maybe another one who will do surveys?
    I mean, it doesn't have to be 92 in a day. But perhaps they have a daily limit that is greater than the number of surveys you can get each day - so that players like us who have 9874356984756 surveys could, over time, get "caught up".

Example: a single character gets ... what? ... eight? writ quests per day. Thus, if a survey NPC could perform... say... ten? You'd eventually get all caught up.

See:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/558212/zos-help-i-have-92-surveys-to-do#latest
    Edited by Kungfu on April 14, 2021 3:11PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As somebody who does writs on 36 characters a day...

I say no.

In my mind, this would cross too close to the "pay to win" threshold for the game for me. (I know the spectrum of P2W is very broad and grey)

Writs are already the most profitable use of time in game. yes, they are tedious. yes, they take time.

So, to offer a PAID solution to allow somebody to reap those benefits... it's a no from me.

(Also, I think ZoS doesn't want you doing your writs in your instanced house... they want you doing them in the towns, so they seem more active)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited to remove my sarcasm as it READ more like baiting than I meant it to. Was intended as tongue-in-cheek. But you know... voice inflection...

I'm offering a solution that provides a simplification of task. I can certainly continue to do my writs manually. But the stark reality of these games is that someone, somewhere will come out with another game that has a better, simpler, and more entertaining system. Sticking to old processes because "I do it the hard way so you should, too" is a poor plan.

Let's remove the broad & gray from that P2W definition here:
    This isn't something you'd HAVE TO pay to accomplish. Writs still exist in their current form.
    Are you saying that having a banker NPC and a merchant NPC I can summon is P2W?
    Or that I benefit from a crafting storage and all the other benefits from paying the monthly for ESO Plus is P2W?
    Those are the same premise: you can still accomplish all of the same tasks by taking a few extra steps or spending more of your personal time.

The fact that you have every opportunity to continue playing your game, your way (doing 288 writ quests per day) means it's not P2W.

Edited by Kungfu on April 14, 2021 3:23PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Edited to remove my sarcasm as it READ more like baiting than I meant it to. Was intended as tongue-in-cheek. But you know... voice inflection...

I'm offering a solution that provides a simplification of task. I can certainly continue to do my writs manually. But the stark reality of these games is that someone, somewhere will come out with another game that has a better, simpler, and more entertaining system. Sticking to old processes because "I do it the hard way so you should, too" is a poor plan.

Let's remove the broad & gray from that P2W definition here:
    This isn't something you'd HAVE TO pay to accomplish. Writs still exist in their current form.
    Are you saying that having a banker NPC and a merchant NPC I can summon is P2W?
    Or that I benefit from a crafting storage and all the other benefits from paying the monthly for ESO Plus is P2W?
    Those are the same premise: you can still accomplish all of the same tasks by taking a few extra steps or spending more of your personal time.

The fact that you have every opportunity to continue playing your game, your way (doing 288 writ quests per day) means it's not P2W.

I can't say definitively. It's a very wide, grey spectrum and not black and white.

Yes, the banker and merchant is on this specturm.

yes, ESO+ is on this spectrum

and this is on that spectrum.

For me, personally, this is too far along the spectrum.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    (Also, I think ZoS doesn't want you doing your writs in your instanced house... they want you doing them in the towns, so they seem more active)

Many have asked about just getting an active writ quest board (without the turn in boxes) in their house. I think there is something true about the devs wanting people seeing each other and mingling. I've been whispered "how do I..." about character skins, costumes, pets etc. while doing writs more than any place else.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the shortcut like this...

If they would come up with a method to do writs and master writs in a household/guild hall then I'd be down with that. Give the ability to purchase the writ boards for houses, and maybe a houseguest to hand the items to??? This would mean I'd be much closer to my coffers to put my surveys etc... lol. Plus it would stop the congestion in some of the zones where most of us crafters hangout (like Vvardenfell) that makes it a game of russian roulette whether you're going to get a frozen load screen trying to get in or out of it...
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, need a crafting companion definitely. They're not going to do it but it's a wondrous dream.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I say no.

In my mind, this would cross too close to the "pay to win" threshold for the game for me. (I know the spectrum of P2W is very broad and grey)

Writs are already the most profitable use of time in game. yes, they are tedious. yes, they take time.

So, to offer a PAID solution to allow somebody to reap those benefits... it's a no from me.

You can't do them in towns, because they require a style. More likely to use guild housing or perhaps the specific crafting rea. Very little traffic in either of those areas.

The only ones you could do "in town" would be the enchanting, alchemy and provisioning ones. Those are a pain for their own reasons.

And make surveys simpler. The added step of having to run an arbitrary distance away to reset the nodes is foolish. Though we have debated that in the past and likely will in the future until they remove this tedium.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I say no.

You can't do them in towns, because they require a style. More likely to use guild housing or perhaps the specific crafting rea. Very little traffic in either of those areas.

The only ones you could do "in town" would be the enchanting, alchemy and provisioning ones. Those are a pain for their own reasons.

And make surveys simpler. The added step of having to run an arbitrary distance away to reset the nodes is foolish. Though we have debated that in the past and likely will in the future until they remove this tedium.

They're talking about daily writs... not master writs. You most certainly do daily writs in towns.
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    That said, I would love a Houseguest who could give you the writ dailies in your house (maybe even also turn them into them too).
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I say no.

They're talking about daily writs... not master writs. You most certainly do daily writs in towns.

You are correct. Not sure how you would give those to someone however, since they are not "items". That is what misled me.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • JoDiMageio
    JoDiMageio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tethilia wrote: »
    That said, I would love a Houseguest who could give you the writ dailies in your house (maybe even also turn them into them too).

Definitely this!

As for a houseguest who does the writs for me, I am of the same opinion as many others here - I'd rather do it myself. Also, although not the same, this seems similar to the use of bots (imo) - but legally. Also how would it work? Like the mails we get with mats from the crafting line? It seems very difficult to implement... Also, would they need to be leveled up to your crafting level? How would you manage lower level toons crafting vs fully specced toons?

By the time you would log in and set your houseguest to do the work for you, you might as well have done the writs yourself. It would be saving you maybe 2 minutes of your time, max.

I would just settle for a houseguest who gives me my dailies and lets me turn them in, so I can do my crafting in the peace and quiet of my home. A crafting steward, or something.
    Edited by JoDiMageio on May 2, 2021 3:24PM