The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stros M'Kai All Bugged

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
Pc-Eu

NPCs for main zone quest fail to appear, especially Crafty Lerisa.

In the map other people experiencing other bugs with quests which are impossible to complete.

Thanks.
  • Painik
    Painik
    ✭✭✭
    Noticed something similar just now, my banker/merchant assistant automatically despawned right after being summoned.
    Solar powered.
    Options
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged, summoned merchants/bank fail to appear and NPCs in main quest do not spawn.

Fix it.
    Options
  • Antis3n1l
    Antis3n1l
    ✭✭
    The same problem now occurs in Glenumbra. Quest NPCs, Impresario and Banker went missing and you can't summon your personal merchant/banker.

Edit:
    Additional problems: ground AoEs cant be casted, enemy NPCs dont move and have no attacking animations, summoned pets (like sorcerer familiar and warden bear) dont follow their "master" by walking but instead teleport to them if they get to far away
    Edited by Antis3n1l on April 10, 2021 3:47PM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Antis3n1l wrote: »
    The same problem now occurs in Glenumbra. Quest NPCs, Impresario and Banker went missing and you can't summon your personal merchant/banker.

Edit:
    Additional problems: ground AoEs cant be casted, enemy NPCs dont move and have no attacking animations, summoned pets (like sorcerer familiar and warden bear) dont follow their "master" by walking but instead teleport to them if they get to far away

Was about to write just that.
    Options
  • ESOSchnckr
    ESOSchnckr
    Soul Shriven
    Basically all quests I was trying to complete do not work as intended. NPCs do not "phase" according to the quest steps or do but then some sort of scripting bug occurs and they immediately despawn.

Buried Secrets: No mechanical spider spawns, mobs are unresponsive, quest item cannot be used
    Moment of Truth: NPC phased to my quest progress spawns, then immediately despawns and quest fails.
    Goblin Marq: NPC ist shortly visible when approaching the location (when entrering render distance), then dissappears.
    Sphere assembly: NPC does not have quest progress prompt when talked to, although being instructed to do so, seems out of sync with my quest progress.

Logged out for an hour, then over night, abandoned quests und restarted etc. nothing worked.

Reported problems via in game ticket to customer support 24h ago, replied twice to automated replies to clarify the situation, have not heard back since...
    Options
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +

Blood and the Crescent Moon quest (Daggerfall, Glenumbra) cannot progress because Grenna gra-Kush in the Rosy Lion Inn keeps flickering (disappearing and reappearing before you can click E to interact)

Video: https://imgur.com/a/oyPcsip

Turning of the Trees quest (Deleyn's Mill, Glenumbra) cannot progress as the Torchbugs spawned during the "Find essences of Aetherius" phase instantly despawn.

Overland NPCs not associated with a quest (such as the Merchant caravans) also seen flickering.

Overland mobs don't fight back until 3-4 seconds have passed, till then they stand, weapons-drawn, facing the same direction as they were standing (i.e. not facing the enemy)

Overland mobs also randomly regain health from 70-80% to max
    Edited by xgoku1 on April 11, 2021 12:11PM
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to chime in again, not sure if it's OT:

Since the last patch I and my GF have a couple of other issues too.

Some times NPCs, structures and and even quest markers load in very late. But our view distance is set to max (me) or above medium (her). On her rig she sometimes can't even move forward near the EP undaunted enclave, as if that part of the cell needs separate loading. None of that used happend in our 4+ years that frequent.

Plus sometimes players just disappear mid-action. While jumping around, attacking etc so it shouldn't be a logout. And no, it's not on the border to some quest/ player owned instances but in the middle of capitol cities.

On top I get disconnected every once in a while without losing connection to the internet.

Something seems mildly bugged.
    Options
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i just had same in glenumbra with merchant and banker de summon imediately after summoning them. you see them for fraction of a second and they de spawn. also the ground cast abilites do not work at all. no animation plus i checked in cmx combat log and wall of elements never activated and used about 5 times on dolmen so not just stros m'kai but funny its the dagger fall zones wonder if its the whole alliance i will go try the other zones
    Options
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i tried wayrest and merchant and banker worked ok there but no enchanter or banker in the two locations in daggerfall town but blacksmith was there so eird lots bugged but some things ok. but quests are bugged
    Options
  • Lotzii
    Lotzii
    Soul Shriven
    Same for me and my friend unfortunately.
    We started playing the game and cannot continue the main story because buried secrets (spider despawning?) and other quests are buggy.

I hope for a quick hotfix here, otherwise we will stay pretty frustrated and might leave the game :/
    Options
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    all quests are bugged
    restarting them dont fix it
    help !
    Options
  • Mazra
    Mazra
    ✭✭✭
    NPC behavior is weird:
    • One of the crafters in Port Hunding's crafting area is blinking in and out of existence very rapidly.
    • Jakarn is teleporting around, or refusing to move, which is causing him to mess up quest progression triggers.
    • The goblins and wildlife outside the Grave dungeon are refusing to move, either strictly using ranged abilities, or resetting if they have none.

Some abilities also act up:
    • Using Stampede causes me to slide across the ground and trigger the AOE direct damage attack (while I continue past my target), but it leaves behind no ground AOE.
    Edited by Mazra on April 12, 2021 12:11PM
    Options
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazra wrote: »
    NPC behavior is weird:
    • One of the crafters in Port Hunding's crafting area is blinking in and out of existence very rapidly.
    • Jakarn is teleporting around, or refusing to move, which is causing him to mess up quest progression triggers.
    • The goblins and wildlife outside the Grave dungeon are refusing to move, either strictly using ranged abilities, or resetting if they have none.

Completely quitting the game and restarting helped this one for me with missing people and also for a guildmate seeing flickering disappearing stablemasters. Zone change does not fix it, quest abandon is not even relevant to them. Something is very very broken but it seems to be a rare occurence.
    Too many toons not enough time
    Options
  • Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭
    Im going to chime in here as well. Impossible to get on with Caldwells Gold because 70% of the main quest is bugged, missing NPCs and so on. Reloading the UI doesnt work, i have tried logging off and on again but it hasnt helped, neither has abandoning quests and retaking them. !n all my 7 years on ESO i have never seen so many problems/bugs in a zone as Stros M'kai tonight.

It is impossible to continue Caldwells Gold like this.

HELP PLEASE!!
    Delphine Veteran Rank 16 AD Sorcerer.
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
    Options
  • LaZRaiL
    LaZRaiL
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, thank god it's not only me.
    Guys, I jave started to complete ALL quests in Tamriel.
    Now I have just started doing Daggerfall quests.
    Stros M'kai - bugged
    Bethnik - bugged
    Glenumbra - badly bugged
    I have sent 2 tickets so far. One answered, one is not.
    They said "relog,reloadui etc" I have done all of them, nothing happened. They just don't accept that something is wrong.
    I want to complete all the quests, I hope the fix tgis issue soon.
    @Stephanie_ABT agreed. It is IMPOSSIBLE to complete the gold. What is a game without achievements. After all we all are playing to achieve something.
    FIX - THIS - NOW
    MagSorc Foreva!
    Options
  • LaZRaiL
    LaZRaiL
    Soul Shriven
    I also had a quest where you have to capture a lurcher and bring it somwwhere. I capture but when i bring it to the destination, the quest fails. I think the main problem in the game is that nothing moves as theh should. I dont know. There are a lot of things to write but I am giving a lecture right now. Thanks for starting this post
    MagSorc Foreva!
    Options
  • Stephanie_ABT
    Stephanie_ABT
    ✭✭
    LaZRaiL wrote: »
    Oh, thank god it's not only me.
    Guys, I jave started to complete ALL quests in Tamriel.
    Now I have just started doing Daggerfall quests.
    Stros M'kai - bugged
    Bethnik - bugged
    Glenumbra - badly bugged
    I have sent 2 tickets so far. One answered, one is not.
    They said "relog,reloadui etc" I have done all of them, nothing happened. They just don't accept that something is wrong.
    I want to complete all the quests, I hope the fix tgis issue soon.
    @Stephanie_ABT agreed. It is IMPOSSIBLE to complete the gold. What is a game without achievements. After all we all are playing to achieve something.
    FIX - THIS - NOW

I have recently switched over from the PS4 to the PC, and my OCD will not allow me to continue unless I do everything in Order of release as i did on console.

I purchased the game and all at DLC at once , we are talking over 200 euros in total and because of this I cannot move forward and it is driving me crazy.

We need an acknowledgement that ZOS are at least looking into the issue and a hot fix NOW!!

I will not be remaking any of my other 12 Alts until this is fixed.

Come on ZOS we need this fixed please!!!

PC EU here.
    Delphine Veteran Rank 16 AD Sorcerer.
    GM Guild Timeless Circle
    Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
    Options
  • Grebcol
    Grebcol
    ✭✭✭
    Still Bugged
    Former Mod Dev. of the Edain Mod for The Battle for Middle Earth 2
    Options
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chiming in to say I'm seeing the issue as well. We need more people talking about this.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
    Options
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    made a new character
    got to stross m'kai
    none of the quests works (all objets become invisible)
    abandon, reloadui wont work
    even my pet wont follow me ?
    Options
  • Radka
    Radka
    ✭✭✭
    still bugged, cant progress, cant even start Cadwells silver properly, pc eu
    Options
  • HowellQagan
    HowellQagan
    ✭✭✭
    I hate tagging devs but this is serious. @ZOS_GinaBruno please check this out.
    That annoying dude on PC-EU.
    Options
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to provide your reports. We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and it should be fixed with this upcoming Monday's incremental patch. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    well i cannot cast orbs or wall of elements and takes your magicka for it though
    Options
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just came to say this PC NA also.
    Options
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    Happens to me in Stonefalls all the time and I am pretty sure it has happened to me in Summerset, but I'm not certain.
    they/them/theirs
    Options
  • LettuceBrain
    LettuceBrain
    ✭✭✭
    Happens to me in Stonefalls all the time and I am pretty sure it has happened to me in Summerset, but I'm not certain.

Forgot to add that I am Xbox NA.
    they/them/theirs
    Options
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me too, mainly relevant NPCs that are not where they are supposed to be found (so quest is blocked, OFC).

EU Mac server.
    In another post of mine in this section I have signaled two other issues, not in Stros.
    Options
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS fix your game!!!! It is crazy that these areas are bugged and unable to complete. PC NA still happening in Stros
    Options
  • Bodycounter
    Bodycounter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to provide your reports. We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and it should be fixed with this upcoming Monday's incremental patch. Thank you for your understanding.

I can actually not understand why you wait until Monday to fix all the mentioned zones. Basically every starter zone is bugged at this point and people are unable to quest in those areas. This is especially bad for new players who will think this whole game is a buggy mess that can't be played in 2021. I have two friends who started with the free trial last week and lost every intent to go on with this game because they are completely stuck now.
    Options