The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

finally...excecute 35% down from 50%

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I've looked at my jbeam tooltip after reading these posts, and 12k base over 1.8 seconds.
    For reference my dark flare tooltip on the same build is only 9.5k.
    So yeah, jbeam is pretty good.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it brings next point - Sorcerer with Endless Fury says hi ! :smiley:
    Works with similar threshold what NB execute has (20%) - but is undodgeable.

You have at least close to 4,5 years experience in this game and yet don't understand that the initial cast of Fury, you know the one where the sorc lifts the arm and has a severe delay, is dodgeable?

Let's pretend it's because of lag.

Now, if only we could manage to dodge all the nasty stuff sorcs send that's so dodgeable and pretend we won't run out of stamina doing so.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

And it brings next point - Sorcerer with Endless Fury says hi ! :smiley:
    Works with similar threshold what NB execute has (20%) - but is undodgeable.

You have at least close to 4,5 years experience in this game and yet don't understand that the initial cast of Fury, you know the one where the sorc lifts the arm and has a severe delay, is dodgeable?

Let's pretend it's because of lag.

Now, if only we could manage to dodge all the nasty stuff sorcs send that's so dodgeable and pretend we won't run out of stamina doing so.

Just dodge when curse goes off.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tobylator wrote: »
    and? How many of you *** their pants reading the title?

charge/leap/port/pull -->2xspam -->excecute till your ass falls off. Sounds familiar?

beeing at 50% life in pvp is a deathsentence.
    I play it too and I love it. It just doesnt make it less stupid. Its the main reason why you need to be tanky in pvp.

How likely is it, that someone can actually recover from 50% life, light armor users, no way, even that resto staff wont save you, cause I just keep spamming excecute and keep you in that 50% range.

The best and most used tactic for people with enough stamina is to use all the heals you have, dodge roll atleast twice, running around something till your high health again.

Stamina is just better then magica, cause I can be tanky and still kill you :)

discuss
    So, if this is referring to Reverse Slash, I know Executioner scales better now, but basically that skill only starts to beat spammable damage around 30% or 25%, or so. This is why, historically, some stamblades have actually preferred Killer's Blade. It might only work below 25%, but it yields it's full bonus from that point on and isn't still on a curve, like Executioner.

Stamina might be stronger than magicka, but a light armor magicka player who knows what they're doing can, IMO, very well stay in execute range for some time, if it's a shielding sorc, or recover from it otherwise. For a magplar that's their who modus operandi. Saying that "even a resto staff" won't help maybe points to a misconception that that's the best defensive option. It is not. IMO a 1H+Shield back bar (or a frost staff) is better for classes that aren't hopelessly lost without a resto staff, e.g. everything other than magblades.

As to stamina players, sure, dodge rolling is good, but ... Rally is better. No, you don't have to "run around something" till your health comes back. Your health will go up and down, sure, but if you need protracted damage evasion you're either in an unfavorable matchup (rock, paper, scissors) or, if that happens often, you have a bad build.

TL;DR: How likely is it someone can recover from 50% health? Speaking for CP PvP: Very likely, if they know what they're doing.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynxyn wrote: »
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    Two best executes in the game
    1. Jesus Beam - Magicka
    2. Endless Fury - Magicka

more than 50% of my death lately is spin-to-win DW....

Popularity != Strength

It's popular because half the classes don't have an execute in their kit and only the magicka variants of those 2 classes have those executes. So if it's good enough to spam even as a bandaid to a kit that means it's powerful. Class abilities SHOULD be stronger than weapon abilities but 2h is right up there with those 2 executes and dw not far behind while there's nothing in sight for people who play the other 4 magicka classes.

Well, then give every class (mag and stam) an execute or come up with a better argument than "class abilities should be stronger than weapon abilites".

Why does every class need an execute? Why does every class need to have the same toolkit? What's then the point of classes? Having an execute is not required for balance.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Jesus Beam - Magicka

Popularity != Strength

It's popular because half the classes don't have an execute in their kit and only the magicka variants of those 2 classes have those executes. So if it's good enough to spam even as a bandaid to a kit that means it's powerful. Class abilities SHOULD be stronger than weapon abilities but 2h is right up there with those 2 executes and dw not far behind while there's nothing in sight for people who play the other 4 magicka classes.

Well, then give every class (mag and stam) an execute or come up with a better argument than "class abilities should be stronger than weapon abilites".

Why does every class need an execute? Why does every class need to have the same toolkit? What's then the point of classes? Having an execute is not required for balance.

Then how do you measure a general skill line execute vs a non existing class execute then? Or do we take the soley avaible class execute from a whole different class kit as measurement?

Point is, before someone deliberately misunderstands my post: it's nonsensical to deman that general skills should be weaker than class skills when the absolute biggest part of the classes misses a certain skill. Be it an execute or a spam.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on March 26, 2021 4:42PM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Jesus Beam - Magicka

Popularity != Strength

they dont if u give them a skill that ticks 2-3 k each second or smthing like that or turn buffs into debuffs or something playfull that turns hots into bleeds or dmg depending on how much resistance opponent has but then again ppl would complain that they dont have it. u just need damage to kill ppl and becouse recovery and tankiness can be stupidly OP in eso unlike other mmo u need finishers u cant just kill someone without it.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    1. Jesus Beam - Magicka

Popularity != Strength

they dont if u give them a skill that ticks 2-3 k each second or smthing like that or turn buffs into debuffs or something playfull that turns hots into bleeds or dmg depending on how much resistance opponent has but then again ppl would complain that they dont have it. u just need damage to kill ppl and becouse recovery and tankiness can be stupidly OP in eso unlike other mmo u need finishers u cant just kill someone without it.

Yes you can. If you can't then you're facing another problem that's something besides "I don't have an execute".
  • KatzMainTank
    KatzMainTank
    ✭✭✭

charge/leap/port/pull -->2xspam -->excecute till your ass falls off. Sounds familiar?

I play it too and I love it. It just doesnt make it less stupid. Its the main reason why you need to be tanky in pvp.

How likely is it, that someone can actually recover from 50% life, light armor users, no way, even that resto staff wont save you, cause I just keep spamming excecute and keep you in that 50% range.

The best and most used tactic for people with enough stamina is to use all the heals you have, dodge roll atleast twice, running around something till your high health again.

discuss

Edited by KatzMainTank on March 31, 2021 11:44PM
    EP - V12 - Crafter
    EP - V1 - Stamina NB
    EP - 49 - Stamina Templar
    EP - 46 - StamSorc
    EP - 24 - ManaBlade
    DC - 26 - StamSorc

PSN: KMT_Drahc
    Left Eye Gang dueling guild recruiter, join us!
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭

discuss

I’m tankier in light armor nowadays than heavy armor. The most powerful shields in the game stack on health. I currently have 2 different shields on each bar and shields can’t be crit.

The only place light armor users can’t survive these days is on their horse or if you catch than in the exact millisecond where there shields drop, or getting bum rushed by 59 people.

Currently I’m running 54k magic and 28k health. I can spam 10k and 5k shields using either magic or stamina.

So yeah, you can spam execute sure. It might work. But what will probably happen is I’ll spam shields and heals directly back at you until I have an ultimate ready, and half my magic left.

Did I mention that Soul Assault now has a tool tip of 96k for me nowadays? Or that my radiant is above 12k? Because if you don’t kill me with you initial assault into my shields then enjoy finding a tree to run around while absorbing 150k damage in like 8 seconds.

ESO PvP in a nutshell... poor gameplay 😁

But true.