The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

finally...excecute 35% down from 50%

Tobylator
Tobylator
Soul Shriven
and? How many of you *** their pants reading the title?

charge/leap/port/pull -->2xspam -->excecute till your ass falls off. Sounds familiar?

beeing at 50% life in pvp is a deathsentence.
I play it too and I love it. It just doesnt make it less stupid. Its the main reason why you need to be tanky in pvp.

How likely is it, that someone can actually recover from 50% life, light armor users, no way, even that resto staff wont save you, cause I just keep spamming excecute and keep you in that 50% range.

The best and most used tactic for people with enough stamina is to use all the heals you have, dodge roll atleast twice, running around something till your high health again.

Stamina is just better then magica, cause I can be tanky and still kill you :)

discuss
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag toons now have a 20K stam pool. So dodge like stam toons do.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tobylator wrote: »

charge/leap/port/pull -->2xspam -->excecute till your ass falls off. Sounds familiar?

I play it too and I love it. It just doesnt make it less stupid. Its the main reason why you need to be tanky in pvp.

How likely is it, that someone can actually recover from 50% life, light armor users, no way, even that resto staff wont save you, cause I just keep spamming excecute and keep you in that 50% range.

The best and most used tactic for people with enough stamina is to use all the heals you have, dodge roll atleast twice, running around something till your high health again.

discuss

I’m tankier in light armor nowadays than heavy armor. The most powerful shields in the game stack on health. I currently have 2 different shields on each bar and shields can’t be crit.

The only place light armor users can’t survive these days is on their horse or if you catch than in the exact millisecond where there shields drop, or getting bum rushed by 59 people.

Currently I’m running 54k magic and 28k health. I can spam 10k and 5k shields using either magic or stamina.

So yeah, you can spam execute sure. It might work. But what will probably happen is I’ll spam shields and heals directly back at you until I have an ultimate ready, and half my magic left.

Did I mention that Soul Assault now has a tool tip of 96k for me nowadays? Or that my radiant is above 12k? Because if you don’t kill me with you initial assault into my shields then enjoy finding a tree to run around while absorbing 150k damage in like 8 seconds.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on March 22, 2021 3:42PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag toons now have a 20K stam pool. So dodge like stam toons do.

This. And now that I no longer have to waste a slot on rapid maneuvers I can just use my bumped up stamina pool for an extra shield.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

I read a thread before where you were talking about a ranged magplar build. Would you mind sharing how this is done in the current patch? (Gear/skills) thanks!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Executes that start to scale at 50% really shouldn't be cast until the target is down to around 35%.

There's a pretty significant opportunity going from 100% to 35% to take whatever necessary defensive actions to keep yourself out of effective excuse range.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, NB's Killer's Blade works on enemies below 25% Health...

And guess what ? No one is using it... :D:joy:
    Executioner (weapon skill) is superior to class skill...

^ Also, those are single target & therefore - dodgeable. And it brings next point - Sorcerer with Endless Fury says hi ! :smiley:
    Works with similar threshold what NB execute has (20%) - but is undodgeable... and ranged.

It is just weird that a Mage is better Assassin than well.. Assassin :#
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 24, 2021 3:08PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @THEDKEXPERIENCE

I read a thread before where you were talking about a ranged magplar build. Would you mind sharing how this is done in the current patch? (Gear/skills) thanks!

This is off the top of my head so please bare with me.

3 Ancient Grace Jewelry
    2 Willpower (each staff for me)
    1 Domihaus helm (only helm I know of with 2 bonuses for 1 piece)
    1 Any magic shoulder
    5 crafty alfiq

Main bar is 2 shields, inner light, radiant oppression, javelin

Back bar is 2 shields, breath of life morph, regeneration, pokey sticks

My CP is about 890. Most important part is that the blue fingers for 10% dot and 10% single target are filled out.

I had been running ice comet because it added magic but soul assault is dumb strong now at 96k and gives me an option to attack people at 100% instead of waiting for execution range.

My magic is 54k, health is 28k and stamina is 20k.

The biggest change is that it’s nearly impossible to get a high enough mitigation without heavy armor or chudans, so I upped it to 4 shields (2 on each bar). I’ve tried HA, Chudan’s and light with shields. Light with shields is far and away the overall winner.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Executes that start to scale at 50% really shouldn't be cast until the target is down to around 35%.

There's a pretty significant opportunity going from 100% to 35% to take whatever necessary defensive actions to keep yourself out of effective excuse range.

This is truth. As an execute into crowds spammer myself, 35% was always what I was going for anyway.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, NB's Killer's Blade works on enemies below 25% Health...

And guess what ? No one is using it... :D:joy:
    Executioner (weapon skill) is superior to class skill...

^ Also, those are single target & therefore - dodgeable. And it brings next point - Sorcerer with Endless Fury says hi ! :smiley:
    Works with similar threshold what NB execute has (20%) - but is undodgeable.

It is just weird that a Mage is better Assassin than well.. Assassin :#

Magplars are still the best closers by far.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And it brings next point - Sorcerer with Endless Fury says hi ! :smiley:

You have at least close to 4,5 years experience in this game and yet don't understand that the initial cast of Fury, you know the one where the sorc lifts the arm and has a severe delay, is dodgeable?

Let's pretend it's because of lag.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on March 22, 2021 5:08PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

discuss

I’m tankier in light armor nowadays than heavy armor. The most powerful shields in the game stack on health. I currently have 2 different shields on each bar and shields can’t be crit.

The only place light armor users can’t survive these days is on their horse or if you catch than in the exact millisecond where there shields drop, or getting bum rushed by 59 people.

Currently I’m running 54k magic and 28k health. I can spam 10k and 5k shields using either magic or stamina.

So yeah, you can spam execute sure. It might work. But what will probably happen is I’ll spam shields and heals directly back at you until I have an ultimate ready, and half my magic left.

Did I mention that Soul Assault now has a tool tip of 96k for me nowadays? Or that my radiant is above 12k? Because if you don’t kill me with you initial assault into my shields then enjoy finding a tree to run around while absorbing 150k damage in like 8 seconds.

Shields absolutely can be crit against now. They changed it a year or two ago.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it brings next point - Sorcerer with Endless Fury says hi ! :smiley:

You have at least close to 4,5 years experience in this game and yet don't understand that the initial cast of Fury, you know the one where the sorc lifts the arm and has a severe delay, is dodgeable?

Let's pretend it's because of lag.
    Yes, that I know - the initial cast can be dodged. But the reason I think this is best execute in the game is mainly because it is ranged. It has 28 meter range and with Battle Spirit - it goes even higher. So, the only telegraph is basically that player is rising his hand... while 30+ meters away, often when you are not even facing them. There is no other visual clue. No actual projectile that can be dodged. So people almost always do not dodge it - because of how weak & badly it is telegraphed.... until it is too late and they have de-buff on them. That thing can only be purged or out-healed.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

discuss

He probably saw people on the forum talking about how they cant crit shields and went with it without testing. Ive seen many players made this mistake.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

discuss

My error. Sorry about that. Still works even though that news to me. Thanks for the info.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

discuss

Shields can be crit. Tested already this patch. Pls stop spreading misinformation kthx.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

discuss

He probably saw people on the forum talking about how they cant crit shields and went with it without testing. Ive seen many players made this mistake.

Nah ... went casual a few years ago and missed the memo when I came back. They are still quite effective in this meta regardless but that does explain a lot.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

discuss

Nah ... went casual a few years ago and missed the memo when I came back. They are still quite effective in this meta regardless but that does explain a lot.

I think the biggest problem with shields is that they themselves cannot crit. I think you make shields be able to crit and they will be in a good place. Since they are pretty awful against multiple opponents, it makes them really only good in 1v1 situations at the moment. If you don't have really strong healing behind your shields, you are pretty much paper. And the changes to light armor are only making that worse, since shield runners are going to be wearing gear that makes them take more damage from stam players.
  • DonGodJoe
    DonGodJoe
    ✭✭✭
    Wow.. what an insightful thought "magicka toons now have enough stamina, dodge roll" .. someone probably not realising that you wont roll dodge execute with the amount of desync in this game, im being literally executed during the roll. Also what a fun is it to just spam roll, this should be also reduced and highly increased on cost, ability use and anicancel with instant dodge roll giving you dodge window from magicka abilities before you hit the roll and after you hit the roll just because desync exists is already enough annoying
    Just use procs. Simple. No brain is required.
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    I can streak into 10 people execute the dude trying to get away and then dodge roll 3 or 4 times and streak out.

I usually don’t have a problem dodging.
    Edited by spacebandit on March 22, 2021 6:50PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people using executioner don't start spamming at 50% anyway since the scaling just kicked off. I hate being executed, and I've love to have a useful one as a magDK, but if you reduced the health they start scaling they'll end up like Nightblade's execute where its pretty much never used.

However, if executes did get reduced to what your title says my vampire will only become more lethal, because now she'll be able to seriously tear your head off and not worry about being executed in a single hit.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    1 Domihaus helm (only helm I know of with 2 bonuses for 1 piece)

Swarm Mother also has the same bonuses.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I mean, other than a magsorc or stealth magblade you being in a mag characters face isn't exactly the worst thing. Most of them already need to be in melee range (DK, templar, dark cloak magblades) or mid-range like Warden. Even a magsorc will just streak or a magblade will shade. Anyone dying from a gap close + execute spam has other l2p issues going on.

If you were kind enough to plant yourself up in my rune/graveyard/blastbones I would actually thank you, means I have to spend less time trying to heard you into it and you're doing my work for me.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two best executes in the game
    1. Jesus Beam - Magicka
    2. Endless Fury - Magicka
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    1. Jesus Beam - Magicka

more than 50% of my death lately is spin-to-win DW....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    1. Jesus Beam - Magicka

Popularity != Strength
  • Lynxyn
    Lynxyn
    ✭✭✭
    1. Jesus Beam - Magicka

Popularity != Strength

It's popular because half the classes don't have an execute in their kit and only the magicka variants of those 2 classes have those executes. So if it's good enough to spam even as a bandaid to a kit that means it's powerful. Class abilities SHOULD be stronger than weapon abilities but 2h is right up there with those 2 executes and dw not far behind while there's nothing in sight for people who play the other 4 magicka classes.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Executioner hits lower than Wrecking Blow until the enemy is below 34% health. And I’d argue that even below 30% WB is the stronger cast since it also empowers Light Attacks. It seems like there are misconceptions about what it means to start scaling at 50%, it’s a weak skill at 51%, and almost exactly as weak at 49%.

Endless Fury needs a buff for sure. Its only use is kill stealing in BGs, not worth slotting for anything else. People see it as the last thing in their death recap and blame the execute, but it’s really more accurate to imagine that health being gone back when the debuff was cast. Think of it more like Minor Mangle and you won’t get caught off guard.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynxyn wrote: »
    1. Jesus Beam - Magicka

Popularity != Strength

It's popular because half the classes don't have an execute in their kit and only the magicka variants of those 2 classes have those executes. So if it's good enough to spam even as a bandaid to a kit that means it's powerful. Class abilities SHOULD be stronger than weapon abilities but 2h is right up there with those 2 executes and dw not far behind while there's nothing in sight for people who play the other 4 magicka classes.

Well, then give every class (mag and stam) an execute or come up with a better argument than "class abilities should be stronger than weapon abilites".
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't care OP.

Because at 50% health, my other skills do more damage.

I'm not using executioner until I see them around 30%.

Which is what every good player that's killing you with it is doing.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Executioner hits lower than Wrecking Blow until the enemy is below 34% health. And I’d argue that even below 30% WB is the stronger cast since it also empowers Light Attacks. It seems like there are misconceptions about what it means to start scaling at 50%, it’s a weak skill at 51%, and almost exactly as weak at 49%.

Endless Fury needs a buff for sure. Its only use is kill stealing in BGs, not worth slotting for anything else. People see it as the last thing in their death recap and blame the execute, but it’s really more accurate to imagine that health being gone back when the debuff was cast. Think of it more like Minor Mangle and you won’t get caught off guard.

The issue with endless fury is delayed, like Blastbones, Shalks, and even Pury/potl.

As long as your combo gets them below 25% endless fury which you cast up to 4 seconds ago will finish them off.

With every other execute it needs to be cast when they are in execute range, which they might then dodge/block/heal. Can't do any of those if Endless Fury is on you.